NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Possible Blues leak?

0809blues1gw2.jpg

I see white stripes with a black trim without yellow anywhere expect for spots within the logo. I hope I'm wrong. Here's to hoping this is not the real jersey.

It's not.

The Blues website gives a decent description, and this does not fit that.

-A powerful base color of navy blue trimmed in white gold.

-A new logo on the crest of the jersey featuring the time-honored Blue Note against the Gateway Arch, the iconic symbol for the City of St. Louis, captured within a gold circle highlighted by the words St. Louis Blues..

-The Blue Note, in navy, trimmed in gold and white on each of the shoulders.

-Uniform numbers on the back and sleeves in white ? a first for the Blues ? trimmed in gold and navy.

-A classic, old-school draw string -- another first for the team ? at the base of the white-trimmed collar.

-Navy socks trimmed in white and gold will complement the on-ice look, resulting in a navy blue combination from head to toe ? helmets, jersey, gloves, pants and socks.

-A new logo on the crest of the jersey featuring the time-honored Blue Note against the Gateway Arch, the iconic symbol for the City of St. Louis, captured within a gold circle highlighted by the words St. Louis Blues..

-Uniform numbers on the back and sleeves in white ? a first for the Blues ? trimmed in gold and navy.

-A classic, old-school draw string -- another first for the team ? at the base of the white-trimmed collar.

-Navy socks trimmed in white and gold will complement the on-ice look, resulting in a navy blue combination from head to toe ? helmets, jersey, gloves, pants and socks.

Form the sound of things, this is really navy overkill. A couple of spots of royal blue - say, in the Bluenote and one of the number outlines - would have greatly improved the look.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Form the sound of things, this is really navy overkill. A couple of spots of royal blue - say, in the Bluenote and one of the number outlines - would have greatly improved the look.

I don't disagree with royal looking good.

But at the same time. Is it really overkill when a team simplifies their scheme to two colors plus white?

I don't think it'll really be a problem.

Possible Blues leak?

08-09_blues1.jpg

I'll bite. I bet it looks like that. It does fit the description. The circle might not be filled in with gold but just the outline of it is. Pretty boring.

I do believe that it said the Note would be creeping out from behind the arch, and not be in front of it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

anybody notice how "reebok" is now spelled out on the Sabres pants

Yeah, they spelled out Reebok on the blue lines on the boards now too - - are they ditching the RBK moniker?

also, whats the deal with center ice? I know somebody already mentioned it, but is it a possibility that they'll put the vintage logo there?

Yeah, they spelled out Reebok on the blue lines on the boards now too - - are they ditching the RBK moniker?

also, whats the deal with center ice? I know somebody already mentioned it, but is it a possibility that they'll put the vintage logo there?

i believe that they are because on the new Reebok 10K stick the stick says REEBOK down the side instead of RBK

RBK 10K stick

formsig%20.jpgDolphins-two.gif

i believe that they are because on the new Reebok 10K stick the stick says REEBOK down the side instead of RBK

RBK 10K stick

the reebok logos on the boards in NHL09 are the same

Still no NHL 09 leaks ... impressive.

There is no leak this year because there is no PC version that can be broken into to look at the graphic files.

That's not why there was a leak last year.

Also it's kind of weird for me to see "Reebok" even though that is the real company name. I'm just so used to Rbk.

Also it's kind of weird for me to see "Reebok" even though that is the real company name. I'm just so used to Rbk.

These just look weird to me.

auldnx8.jpg

Edit - That's Auld in the photo and not Gerber

These just look weird to me.

auldnx8.jpg

Edit - That's Auld in the photo and not Gerber

Eh... I think I prefer seeing RBK on equipment...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived