NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also it's kind of weird for me to see "Reebok" even though that is the real company name. I'm just so used to Rbk.

These just look weird to me.

auldnx8.jpg

Edit - That's Auld in the photo and not Gerber

Love that mask :D

It ain't no Marvin the Martian. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't know if this has been mentioned but in NHL 09 the Sabres have two unlockable alternates.

I'm assuming the other one will be the Winter classic Jersey.

For some reason, the alts are locked, but the Pens and Sabres fans are wearing the alts in the crowd. The Pens do not have the WC logo, but the white Sabres one do, so I bet the WC is the one jersey and this one is the other.

On a bit of a side note....what is up with the lace up collar? Just looks? What is up with the front numbers?

KISSwall09.jpg

I don't know if this has been mentioned but in NHL 09 the Sabres have two unlockable alternates.

I'm assuming the other one will be the Winter classic Jersey.

the Pens and Sabres fans are wearing the alts in the crowd. The Pens do not have the WC logo, but the white Sabres one do

Because the Pens WC jersey is now their alt, and the Sabres one is not

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Pit stain for Ryan Miller.

:lol: I keep flip flopping on this Sabres 3rd jersey issue...The piping just makes me queasy, yo. It ruins the jersey...they get rid of it then it's perfect...absolutely perfect. The white lines on the logo and the stripes makes it a perfect modernization of a classic jersey. You also have to put that logo on the shoulders like you did with the old school ones. The pit patch needs to go too...or make it the same color as the jersey and make it unnoticeable.

That Sabres front crest is WAAAAAAYYY too busy. It doesn't need everything outlined, ridiculous. If you did outline some items in silver, at least rescale the logo so it's not cramped inside the circle. That is just third rate graphic design. Just give us the old log without the outlines, why is it so hard for RBK and the Sabres to understand this? The jersey gets a B from me, nice but ditch the damn piping and pit stain. Kudos for bringing back the old logo, now lose the outlines.

We had the white version for the New Years day game, why couldn't we have that for a few select home games instead??

I just like that pretty much all the thirds have hemline stripes!!

Looks like teams are going back to more traditional hockey sweaters with their thirds and guess what?!! The stripes still look fine on the new jersey cut!!

Did anybody else see that the blue note is overlapping the gold inside circle? That just looks really odd...

I guess I'd have preferred a navy space between the striping (to match the numbers), but that wouldn't match the pants. Maybe it's the numbers I'd like changed, except these numbers tie into the other uniform numbers and I don't think it'd look as sharp this way. Perhaps a case where I have to turn my head to design inconsistency...maybe.

In any case, it's a good looking jersey. I'm impressed.

As a side note, looks like that blurred picture was indeed the jersey, but you couldn't read much from it.

I think you could say the Blues new uniform has an unnecessarily busy logo too. The blue note is top five amongst NHL logos. It doesn't need a ring around it.

The jersey itself looks pretty nice. It doesn't have any of that ridiculous Reebok piping. Thankfully it does retain yellow and is not monochrome blue and white like the mockups we've been seeing. The navy blue is getting ridiculous though. Since when was navy the Blues' main uniform colour? It doesn't really look like a Blues uniform. It's kind of generic looking. and will look drab on TV. The NHL is really getting watered down in terms of their uniform branding.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived