NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here it is.

sUTvn7iFaybluesthird.png

3LniCXqBFpblues3rd2.png

Meh. Too busy a logo, and I don't care for that much navy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't think the league should allow alternates like this. Its bad for the league brand to have so many teams look alike. The dark monochrome look is so generic and its really hard to follow on TV. I hate turning on a game and not being able to figure out what team is playing anymore. They all look alike.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I agree with the navy blue detractors, and I think the crest would look better without the arch in the background. Overall, I think it's better than average.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

I like that Blues' jersey, although the more I look at the crest, the more I don't like it. The Wild did a MUCH better job of making a faux retro logo by keeping it simple. The bevel is not needed and reminds me of someone looking out of a port hole on a ship. The note overlapping it just seems sloppy to me. Interesting idea, but could have been done better.

What is bugging me is the pants. They could AT LEAST make a shell that covers those vertical curves which don't fit in with that jersey or those socks at all. And a little bit of royal blue somewhere wouldn't hurt...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Overall, the Blues' new alt is quite solid, but as others have mentioned, there are nits-a-plenty to pick. The aspect I was perhaps most worried about - incorporating the arch - actually comes off incredibly nicely. But the ring around it - why the bevel? I'm reminded of the contradictory bevels of the Pensacola Ice Pilots' last logo - just because you can bevel something, doesn't mean you should. And why is the note's wing touching the ring when there's tons of space on all other sides? That, along with the use of Copperplate - once again, hello Pensacola - just comes off as lazy, rushed design.

The sleeve, hem, collar, and sock striping all looks really good - a unified look which manages to steer clear of the cookie cutter. Problem is, in the middle of all that, there's the pants, with their curvy, Edge-ified stripes which flow into absolutely no other aspects of the uniform whatsoever. Plus, the note on the pants? Royal blue, a color found nowhere else on this set - something the designers obviously didn't consider for a second when discarding royal from the rest of the set.

This is a case where, when I first saw the image on my screen, I really liked what I saw. But the longer I dwelled on it, the less I liked what I saw. Oh well, still better than the Bruins' alt.

EDIT: And another one: why are the dots on the sides not centered? If they felt that they'd be too close to the "St. Louis" on top (which they wouldn't have,) then they should have been left out rather than pushed down.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm trying to find a reason why they couldn't center the blue note inside the circle, but I'm coming up short.

All I've got is that they didn't want to obstruct the legs of the arch.

I'm not bothered that the Note isn't centered, just that it overlaps the circle. My solution would have been to shrink it a little bit.

The sleeve, hem, collar, and sock striping all looks really good - a unified look which manages to steer clear of the cookie cutter. Problem is, in the middle of all that, there's the pants, with their curvy, Edge-ified stripes which flow into absolutely no other aspects of the uniform whatsoever. Plus, the note on the pants? Royal blue, a color found nowhere else on this set - something the designers obviously didn't consider for a second when discarding royal from the rest of the set.

This is where I'll disagree with you.

You don't add needless aspects to a uniform. It's like football teams with two pairs of white pants. You don't do it.

The curvy stripes might not fit perfectly with the uniform, but because the striping pattern is the same, it in no way negatively impacts MY view of the uniforms. And the royal Bluenote on the pants is simply something you deal with. It's small enough that it doesn't stick out too badly.

Ultimately finished product matters, but I'd almost guarantee the designers didn't overlook these things, they simply decided less is better. This is a very good design firm that designed these things. Doesn't mean I agree with all of their choices, but I don't like when the thought behind a design is question when it probably shouldn't be.

Possible Blues leak?

0809blues1gw2.jpg

I see white stripes with a black trim without yellow anywhere expect for spots within the logo. I hope I'm wrong. Here's to hoping this is not the real jersey.

It's not.

The Blues website gives a decent description, and this does not fit that.

-A powerful base color of navy blue trimmed in white gold.

-A new logo on the crest of the jersey featuring the time-honored Blue Note against the Gateway Arch, the iconic symbol for the City of St. Louis, captured within a gold circle highlighted by the words St. Louis Blues..

-The Blue Note, in navy, trimmed in gold and white on each of the shoulders.

-Uniform numbers on the back and sleeves in white ? a first for the Blues ? trimmed in gold and navy.

-A classic, old-school draw string -- another first for the team ? at the base of the white-trimmed collar.

-Navy socks trimmed in white and gold will complement the on-ice look, resulting in a navy blue combination from head to toe ? helmets, jersey, gloves, pants and socks.

Told ya so :)

Possible Blues leak?

0809blues1gw2.jpg

I see white stripes with a black trim without yellow anywhere expect for spots within the logo. I hope I'm wrong. Here's to hoping this is not the real jersey.

It's not.

The Blues website gives a decent description, and this does not fit that.

-A powerful base color of navy blue trimmed in white gold.

-A new logo on the crest of the jersey featuring the time-honored Blue Note against the Gateway Arch, the iconic symbol for the City of St. Louis, captured within a gold circle highlighted by the words St. Louis Blues..

-The Blue Note, in navy, trimmed in gold and white on each of the shoulders.

-Uniform numbers on the back and sleeves in white ? a first for the Blues ? trimmed in gold and navy.

-A classic, old-school draw string -- another first for the team ? at the base of the white-trimmed collar.

-Navy socks trimmed in white and gold will complement the on-ice look, resulting in a navy blue combination from head to toe ? helmets, jersey, gloves, pants and socks.

Told ya so :)

No, Icethetics said so and you just repeated the message. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived