NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

A review of all the current jerseys released so far:

586.png

millersep.png

363.png

newBruinsSep.png

a rundown so far:

ST.L - By far the best of the bunch. Logo is a bit busy but acceptable and will probably grow on me. My issue i have the monotny of navy blue. Throw in some royal blue and you have pure gold.

Grade A

BUF - a 100% improvement over the crap they have now. points off for the unnecessary underarm piping and splotches of white.

A-

CAR - not a bad jersey but nothing exciting. Its nothing more than what we have seen with concepts on here. General formula: use the alternate logo as the primary, color the jersey black.

A-

BOS - a complete missed opportunity. The lack of hem stripes ruins the jersey for me. Add matching stripes to the hems and this would get a complete A+ instead of the B- i am igiving it.

B-

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Blues alt is okay, but I think the simple addition of some royal blue into the striping would make it a lot better. So far, I've like what Reebok has done with the alts, hopefully that continues with the rest of them.

Maybe we can get an answer from our inside source on this, but how much work does Reebok actually do in designing these?

I'm sure they're involved, but I know the Blues say the firm Fleishman-Hillard is responsible for designing their alts (and actually their primaries AND the primaries prior to that).

Is that a team decision to go outside of Reebok for the design or do most teams work like that?

And again, especially when the EDGE cut puts some limitations on the striping, I'm sure the designer has to work with Reebok either way.

Off topic but whats with Reebok switching from "RBK" on the equipment, jerseys and boards to "Reebok" in that lame font they use? It looks brutal in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

It looks especially brutal on the goalie equipment and on the forehead of the newly painted masks.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

Off topic but whats with Reebok switching from "RBK" on the equipment, jerseys and boards to "Reebok" in that lame font they use? It looks brutal in my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

It looks especially brutal on the goalie equipment and on the forehead of the newly painted masks.

It's awful.

2876883917_914129e258.jpg

Picture of "premier" jerseys on sale at the RBC Center....so that's how the shoulder logo looks on the replica......

Those SO need the "fat tags" removed which is so easy to do.

Oh my goodness, that's nasty. The first thing I would do if I bought one would be to remove that ridiculous tag.

What's with the grayscale shoulder logo. I don't like that at all. It seems like it's a fashion jersey trends creeping into real on ice jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So we have:

- Boston

- Buffalo

- Carolina

- St. Louis

Wikipedia says here that we have these remaining:

- Atlanta

- Chicago

- Dallas

- Detroit

- Edmonton

- LA

- NY Islanders

- Ottawa

- Philadelphia

- Phoenix

- Pittsburgh

- San Jose

- Tampa Bay

- Toronto

- Vancouver

Denials? Confirmations? Unveiling dates?

That leaves Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Columbus, Florida, Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, NY Rangers, & Washington without alternates. Correct?

ujsignature.png

I know this is a little off topic, but why is it that people seem to think that the Blues made a mistake by not including royal in their alternate but people seem to think the Bills made a mistake by including navy and royal in their look? And before everyone says it's the design of the Bills that is terrible, more people complain about the two blue colors way more than the design.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

I know this is a little off topic, but why is it that people seem to think that the Blues made a mistake by not including royal in their alternate but people seem to think the Bills made a mistake by including navy and royal in their look? And before everyone says it's the design of the Bills that is terrible, more people complain about the two blue colors way more than the design.

I think with the bills it just looks like they tacked on the navy to their existing color set and for some reason left the royal there anyway. it looks bad - in part cuz of the design - but more the way they went about adding the two shades. With the blues - the team name gives them the right to have more than one shade, and it was executed well in the past.

A good design can make a lot of color combos work ... look at the knicks compared to the bobcats (not that the knicks have a perfect design, but better executed at least)

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Those are all incredibly awesome. All Star uniforms are All Star uniforms...I could really care less, but they aren't THAT bad.

Anyways, the 4th jersey from the right is very cool and I look forward to seeing that on the ice. Are they all RBK Edge?

By "next year" do you mean next season or just after December?

First two or three months of next season.

The group of 4 are the 2008-2009 season. The other two (the Maple leaf C and the Blue and white C) are the 2009-2010 season.

I love the green maple leaf with the C jersey. Absolutely awesome. All there were edge except for the white standard Canadiens jersey. They just might not be done it yet.

The all-Star jerseys look HORRIBLE. They just look bruuutal. One sleeve is a different color (like ATL). Wish they churned out a classier product for the All-Star game in Montreal. Something a little more traditional!

Archived