NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
p4685040reg.jpg

Why on earth is it necessary for Reebok to put that tag on the front of the jersey and have it cover part of the hem stripping? Are they worried that the giant Reebok logos on the back of the neck and sleeves are insufficient to identify them as the manufacturer? Very unnecessary.

mets.png

Anyone else notice this one does not have a tapered bottom? And that the collar is the only thing about this jersey that's EDGE?

Photoshop?

dallairegianttiger.jpg

Lovin' the white pants! I thought the Caps were the only ones to do this? I think someone should bring them back, surely they have technology to make it look ok.

p4685040reg.jpg

Why on earth is it necessary for Reebok to put that tag on the front of the jersey and have it cover part of the hem stripping? Are they worried that the giant Reebok logos on the back of the neck and sleeves are insufficient to identify them as the manufacturer? Very unnecessary.

Seriously, get a thread remover thingine (dunno what it's called, I borrowed one from my mom), sit infront of the tv for 10 minutes, and it's off! I did this for both of my Canucks EDGE and they look 1000x better.

p4685040reg.jpg

Seriously, get a thread remover thingine (dunno what it's called, I borrowed one from my mom), sit infront of the tv for 10 minutes, and it's off! I did this for both of my Canucks EDGE and they look 1000x better.

its called a seam ripper comes with most sewing machines..... and by itself....even the worst seams are easy with one.... i've taken many patches and hems out with one...

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Or just get an authentic?

I've been buying jerseys for too long to justify paying $250 for a non-customized hockey sweater. Likewise on paying $100 for a replica with screened patches.

On a somewhat related note, NFL jerseys now cost 60% more than they did six years ago, when Reebok landed the monopoly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As far as third jerseys on sale at NHL.com now:

p4801406dt.jpg

p4911309dt.jpg

p4684813th.gif

I thought the Bruins was official, but that's not up for sale yet.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The beauty of the truly old Canadiens jerseys lies in the fact that they have the integrity to do something that goes beyond pure marketing. Of course the barber pole jersey wouldn't work nowadays (although ironic to everyone who points this out, it seems that it's fine if the Senators do it...), but they didn't have Lids, Modells, and Reebok in 1912. The uniform was there for identification, the only people on the planet that had one were the ones on the ice.

I'd honestly say that the 1909 and 1910 versions are on par with more than half of what's currently being used in the league. Perhaps a cue to go simpler, rather than continue with complexity, will seep into the league in the coming years...

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

That's because the shades of blue used are probably the exact same.

It's partly the blue. It's the whole blue/gold white combo, the laces, and the circular crest in common. St. Louis didn't need a circular crest.

Well, no one needs a circular crest, or any other design element, for that matter. While it may not be traditional for the Blues, a spiffy jersey is a spiffy jersey.

Archived