NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Blues third: subliminal advertising for mcdonalds?

MUST BUY BIG MAC. NOW.

Can't say I understand why people feel that way.

At least for anyone outside of the St. Louis area, that arch form represented on that jersey is pretty much synonymous with McDonalds. Golden arches. Mmm. MUST BUY BIG MAC. At least the Rams' representation of the Arch is at a different viewing perspective.

Anyway, i'd like the jersey a helluva lot more without the arch. Classy look (and i'm a sucker for the circle logos like the Wild use on their sweaters)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MUST BUY BIG MAC. NOW.

At least for anyone outside of the St. Louis area, that arch form represented on that jersey is pretty much synonymous with McDonalds. Golden arches. Mmm. MUST BUY BIG MAC. At least the Rams' representation of the Arch is at a different viewing perspective.

Anyway, i'd like the jersey a helluva lot more without the arch. Classy look (and i'm a sucker for the circle logos like the Wild use on their sweaters)

Is it? I'm in Minnesota, and I immediately thought, "Gateway Arch." Besides, the McDonald's logo is yellow with two arches, while the singular arch in the Blues' logo is silver, like...you know...the Gateway Arch.

The thirds are great, its just sad that a few tweaks would of made them much better.

BOS: Jersey should of been yellow, and had a hemline stripes.

BUF: Should of kept it "old school"

CAR: Should logos looks ridiculous, jerseys alright, nothing special though.

STL: Close to perfect, wish there was more yellow, which I should mention is a underused colour.

MTL: I would expect the Canadiens to make sure the jerseys we more accurate.

The thirds are great, its just sad that a few tweaks would of made them much better.

BOS: Jersey should of been yellow, and had a hemline stripes.

BUF: Should of kept it "old school"

CAR: Should logos looks ridiculous, jerseys alright, nothing special though.

STL: Close to perfect, wish there was more yellow, which is should mention is a underused colour.

MTL: I would expect the Canadiens to make sure the jerseys we more accurate.

...should have...

MUST BUY BIG MAC. NOW.

Is it? I'm in Minnesota, and I immediately thought, "Gateway Arch." Besides, the McDonald's logo is yellow with two arches, while the singular arch in the Blues' logo is silver, like...you know...the Gateway Arch.

Agreed. MacDonalds is known for its "golden arches" not a general association with any and all arches.

Or just get an authentic?

I've been buying jerseys for too long to justify paying $250 for a non-customized hockey sweater. Likewise on paying $100 for a replica with screened patches.

I have two numbered Edge Authentics and I paid $200 and $170 for them B)

(from NHL.com and IceJerseys, no eBay counterfeit crap)

1zgyd8w.jpg

aqueduct_nimes.lg.JPG

This is just as representative of McDonald's as the Blues logo, you guys.

Umm no its not, it isn't the same color as the McDonalds Arches and the point isn't exactly like the new St.Louis logo or the McDonalds logo.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

aqueduct_nimes.lg.JPG

This is just as representative of McDonald's as the Blues logo, you guys.

Umm no its not, it isn't the same color as the McDonalds Arches and the point isn't exactly like the new St.Louis logo or the McDonalds logo.

.....neither is the St. Louis logo...

oBIgzrL.png

MUST BUY BIG MAC. NOW.

No, it's subliminal advertising for McDowell's. Love those Golden Arcs!

MUST BUY BIG MICK. NOW.

mcdowellsfacadecd4.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Does anyone have the style sheet like the Hurricanes released, for the Sabres? It doesn't have to be pdf/vector, it can be jpg or whatever. I'm just looking to see how the stitching lines are for the Sabres jersey so I can make them for NHL08.

No one on this board has anything like this? I find it hard to believe with all of the people around here that claim to have "inside" sources, not one can help me out with this. The jersey has been released, it's not like anyone would be leaking anything here. All I really need is something where I can see how the stitch lines are on the back of the jersey. PLEASE???

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

I don't get it.

The arch isn't even yellow on the jersey, and there's only one.

wtf is wrong with you guys.

It's not yellow, and it's only one arch...but it's nearly the same shape as one half of the McDonalds Arch.

It matches the shape of the McD's arch MORE than the St. Louis arch, which is the problem. It needs to be much wider. The St. Louis Gateway is 630x630ft. and does NOT have the front/underneath perspective of two sides as you look at. It bends so that it looks like one flat piece of metal.

The McDonald's arch does have the front/underneath perspective of two distinct sides.

I can't believe that guys on a logo board can't make out these very obvious distinctions.

LOOK AT THIS:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...y_Arch_1916.jpg

This is NOT what is represented on the St. Louis jersey.

LOOK AT THIS:

http://www.typophile.com/files/34875_4661.jpg

or THIS:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4023...bc_story203.jpg

Half of that in B&W is closer to the St. Louis jersey than the real Gateway is.

The arch on the Blues jersey only resembles the real Gateway arch in color. It is completely WRONG in perspective and shape, and is closer to being one half of McD's logo than the real Gateway. But somehow that's good enough.

Anyone else notice this one does not have a tapered bottom? And that the collar is the only thing about this jersey that's EDGE?

Photoshop?

dallairegianttiger.jpg

Lovin' the white pants! I thought the Caps were the only ones to do this? I think someone should bring them back, surely they have technology to make it look ok.

Unless they've made some hip, stomach and lower back anti persperent, I doubt you'll see them back...the sweat that collects will make players look to be in various stages of soiling themselves during a game.

Does anyone have the style sheet like the Hurricanes released, for the Sabres? It doesn't have to be pdf/vector, it can be jpg or whatever. I'm just looking to see how the stitching lines are for the Sabres jersey so I can make them for NHL08.

No one on this board has anything like this? I find it hard to believe with all of the people around here that claim to have "inside" sources, not one can help me out with this. The jersey has been released, it's not like anyone would be leaking anything here. All I really need is something where I can see how the stitch lines are on the back of the jersey. PLEASE???

Maybe you should whine. That could help.

Oh wait ...

Maybe you should whine. That could help.

Oh wait ...

Maybe if you have nothing valuable to contribute... Oh wait...

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Hey, I'm all for the Habs sporting old school unis, but this is just sloppy. Besides the edge compromising the look of these classic sweaters, these depictions are very inaccurate. You would think someone would do a little research for the Habs' 100th anniversary:

This is the worst if the bunch. Never in the history of the Habs have they worn a GREEN and red sweater and there exists no pictures of the team with an olde english C inside of this maple leaf - the leaf seen in pictures was clearly superimposed. Again no lace up on this uni.

4.jpg

The only definitive pictures of the 1910-11 uniform feature a white old C A logo.:

pitre2.jpg

this is an old ad:

dallairegianttiger.jpg

Yea, I am sure an organization as classy and well known as the Montreal Canadiens, on their 100th anniversary faked a jersey for :censored:s and giggles.

Here's a tobacco card of Newsy Lalonde and Georges Vezina with the jersey you say does not exist.

1910-11-newsy-lalonde-card37.jpg

295e_12.JPG

Sure the RBK Edge versions aren't a 100% accurate, maybe if they hand knit them out of wool and with a turtle neck collar, then they'd be accurate, but who cares really. It's close enough.

The organization has access to a century's worth of information. I think I'll put my trust in the Canadiens thank you very much.

NewsyHabs.JPG

I don't get it.

The arch isn't even yellow on the jersey, and there's only one.

wtf is wrong with you guys.

It's not yellow, and it's only one arch...but it's nearly the same shape as one half of the McDonalds Arch.

It matches the shape of the McD's arch MORE than the St. Louis arch, which is the problem. It needs to be much wider. The St. Louis Gateway is 630x630ft. and does NOT have the front/underneath perspective of two sides as you look at. It bends so that it looks like one flat piece of metal.

The McDonald's arch does have the front/underneath perspective of two distinct sides.

I can't believe that guys on a logo board can't make out these very obvious distinctions.

LOOK AT THIS:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...y_Arch_1916.jpg

This is NOT what is represented on the St. Louis jersey.

LOOK AT THIS:

http://www.typophile.com/files/34875_4661.jpg

or THIS:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4023...bc_story203.jpg

Half of that in B&W is closer to the St. Louis jersey than the real Gateway is.

The arch on the Blues jersey only resembles the real Gateway arch in color. It is completely WRONG in perspective and shape, and is closer to being one half of McD's logo than the real Gateway. But somehow that's good enough.

Yes it is good enough, because it has to fit within the design constraints of the logo and is close enough for those 90% of Americans and Canadians who have never been to St. Louis or seen the Arch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived