NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh... I know they wanted to replicate the jersey from back then... but come on! Modifications are allowed - and should - be made. White nameplate is awful.

Thanks for the info though.

Completely agreed, the jersey looks great except for the white nameplate.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

There seems to be something on the left shoulder....

A number maybe? Possibly 12?

On closer inspection... these are lofers...er...that does indeed look like a 2....

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Crappy pics of the Flyer's 3rd:

IMAGE_036.jpg

IMAGE_035.jpg

the bottom stripe still looks bad with that reebok template. They should just modify the template all together starting with the thirds and slowly bring it in for all the jerseys.

No proof that is the FINAL jersey. Could just be one of the concepts, like that Boston one we saw.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Am I the only one who's disapointed they didn't just reverse the orange and black from their current home jersey? That would have been killer.

Yah I wanted them to either do that or to use this design. I am sure Flyer fans won't be complaining though, they love their orange.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Am I the only one who's disapointed they didn't just reverse the orange and black from their current home jersey? That would have been killer.

Me too. Like the Hawks did and what the Flyers did when they originally went black. Call me stupid, but that's what I think the thirds should be...your trim color becoming your primary.

KISSwall09.jpg

CapitalsNeverWorn.gif

They already attempted to bring back red, white and blue in 2001. I'm glad they waited a little longer.

Just a failed concept, nothing more, nothing less.

I think this was closer to reality than "failed concept". It was designed by Tommy Hilfiger.

Yikes, I stand by my previous comment.

Crappy pics of the Flyer's 3rd:

IMAGE_036.jpg

IMAGE_035.jpg

Was that from the carnival?

Apparently no. There was some kind of "town meeting" and someone in attendance snapped a pic of this.

What I think looks cool is the sleeve number overlaps from the white stripe onto the orange like the 70's pictured at the top of the page. I hope they do a two color collar like the 70's as well

IMAGE_036.jpg

I wish that they went with the laces under the collar, make it look more retro

So... slap laces on a jersey which never had laces? Fantastic idea!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

IMAGE_036.jpg

I wish that they went with the laces under the collar, make it look more retro

So... slap laces on a jersey which never had laces? Fantastic idea!!

It was just an idea :blink:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The NHL is bringing back all of these old school trends (laces, wordmarks, vintage jerseys) and now this. I guess it will pass since it's only their 3rd jersey but there's no denying it's a little ugly.

The NHL is bringing back all of these old school trends (laces, wordmarks, vintage jerseys) and now this. I guess it will pass since it's only their 3rd jersey but there's no denying it's a little ugly.

I gotta agree sadly....

Archived