NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

You really should have taken a pic ... ughhh that would've been great.

I told the guy I wouldn't, but I did ask. It was right beside him so it is not like I could have snuck one when my phone makes a big CLICK sound, lol.

The guy probably would've got in alot of trouble if you took a pic and it went on the internet.

I'm sure the guys who leaked the Sabres thirds know about that. ;)

if only someone would leak the Stars third now ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Random chance sighting today. I walked into a local sports store today and casually sitting out on a rack was a Leafs third jersey. On closer inspection I noticed it was an Edge jersey. I have to say, it looked FANTASTIC. The hem stripes don't look too bad, although the crest is sitting about an inch above it and has about 4 or 5 inches of space between the collar and the top of the logo. Otherwise it is an exact carbon copy. I only got to see the replica but it has REEBOK instead of RBK on the inside tag and the reflective tape running around the inside of the collar also says REEBOK. I will admit that I will probably buy one of these at christmas time as I love the tapered look of it. This should be their full time road jersey... you will agree when they show it off.

I was going to take a pic but I told the guy who was there that I wouldn't. He admitting it shouldn't have been out so early but he didn't really care to take it down. I asked if that was the only one that he had and he said yes, so I couldn't get any info about the others. Hopefully monday night I will have some info about some of the other jerseys.

Is the store in downtown? If it is, then I could go and check them out after class. ^_^

Not in Toronto, lol. I'm back at school so this is a place in Peterborough. Sorry man!

Darn... then I'll pass by the couple of downtown sports stores and try my luck. ^_^

Wade-sig.png

You really should have taken a pic ... ughhh that would've been great.

I told the guy I wouldn't, but I did ask. It was right beside him so it is not like I could have snuck one when my phone makes a big CLICK sound, lol.

The guy probably would've got in alot of trouble if you took a pic and it went on the internet.

Only if there was something in that picture which would give away what the store was. This was on a shelf, not in a back room like the Sabres jerseys were. The fact he let me look at it is fun enough. Like I said earlier, if he got in some stock already, then there is a chance as of monday I could see some others.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

leafs3rdszi6.jpg

Those are nice, predicted as everyone said, and they turned out well. I sure will be getting one of those.

But is that Marlies 3rd jerseys as well ?

Yes that is the marlies 3rd, with this god-awful logo on it.

interior_mascot_09.gif

And what do you guys think of the strange positioning of the crest in regards to the collar and top hem stripe?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Leafs jersey is top notch, imo the best looking jersey in NHL history...I am a little bias being a Leafs fan though :P

As for the Marlies, the template they used looks good, they should go full time with it but that logo is stupid. We already ahve the Bulldogs, we dont need another dog logo in the same division. Put the Marlies logo on the front or a modified version and its another top notch uni.

beLEAF

Damn, those Leafs jerseys are one of my favorite thirds that we've seen so far. (The Canes, the Blues, and the Sabres thirds being the others).

Those Marlies jerseys are good, but ditch the dumb looking dog. Keep him as a logo for the Kids Club or something, but don't put it on a jersey.

temp.png

TorontoMapleLeafs1.png

MapleLeafs1.gif

leafs3rdszi6.jpg

See how much better the proportions were on the old template compared to the Edge one? The lines are more spaced out than they should be... but not much they can do now...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Those Leafs jerseys are friggin' sweet.

The Blue&White truck is coming to Ryerson tomorrow morning, I'll definitely be there since the time coincides with my break, hopefully I'll get to see these first hand.

Wade-sig.png

Those Leafs jerseys are friggin' sweet.

The Blue&White truck is coming to Ryerson tomorrow morning, I'll definitely be there since the time coincides with my break, hopefully I'll get to see these first hand.

Damnnnn you getting to see that bitchin' truck!! Take pics... and tell me how amazing it was. =(

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I really hate to say it, but I'm rather upset with the Blues third jersey design. Granted there are some positives to the jersey, but there are negatives too. I like the fact that the Blues went outside of their normal design and used a circular main logo, which is a first for the team, incorporated the arch, and used a lace up collar. All of which are amazing! However, I'm upset with the choice of the most modern Blue note to be used inside the logo. Why couldn't we have used some of our teams great history and used the original note from the late 60's? I threw together a quick idea and I like it better IMO.

Image16-2.gif

The reason I say this is, the general design of this jersey is a throw back vintage design. There is nothing vintage about this regarding our team! There are three blue notes (overkill), the use of silver (on the arch) which has never been our team color scheme, current team colors and main logo. The stripe pattern is absolutely pathetic. This logo is beautiful, but it looks more like an anniversary logo than a main crest. If I would have designed this, I would have left the arch off of the main logo, and instead brought back the much loved trumpet shoulder logo and worked the arch into the inside of the horn, almost as a lining. It would have been hidden inside and could have been amazing, almost like light hitting the horn, but you would be able to see the arch hidden...pick up what im puttin down?

Now don't get me wrong, I love the Blues to death but I'm really upset with this decision. I've read nothing but positive feedback about it but remember when the Wild came out with a jersey like this? People hated it because it was a fake throwback. The wild didn't have history, other than the Northstars. It wasn't their fault. The Blues however, have ALOT of history and they failed to use it. I love the colors but an old school baby blue jersey would have been beautiful! It's nice to see the Blues have a third jersey but I just don't think it was the best choice...

I hope you all see where I'm coming from with my comments.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived