NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

thirdjersey-front3.jpg

sweaters-1.jpg

Absolutely love it for the most part.

1) I wish they stuck with the laces. The neck doesn't look awful, but it doesn't look right to me.

2) Why oh why does Reebok have issues with where the crest is placed? It sits too high on this jersey, and on other team's jerseys it sits too low. Why? Its not a hard thing to work with.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that, but goalies Dwayne Roloson and Mathieu Garon are going one step farther by tailoring their masks to stars of yesteryear. Roloson has a replica Grant Fuhr mask, except he has a cage. He'll wear white pads with some blue and orange piping like the Hall of Famer wore. Garon's mask is a hybrid of Fuhr and Bill Ranford, and Garon, who will start in the opening game, has blue and orange pads to go with the jersey.

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=866217

:grin:

Apparently Roloson's mask will look like this Fuhr one:

fuhr1989_oilers_cu.jpg

:grin: x2

Edit: Roli's mask:

oilersrolosonnewmask210.jpg

Oilers -> almost perfection, they need to fix the collar, bring back the oil driller alt and it goes from a A- to an A+.

A-

Maple Leafs -> Perfection. A+. I'm putting an order in for that.

A+

Thrashers -> complete and absolute epic failure. But it's something i expected from Patsox Designs.

F

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

thrashersalt.png

You know what I really like here? The way the sleeve striping follows the contour of the Thrasher head logo.

And that's it. Everything else is a convoluted mess. The distribution of colors makes this look more like an Avalanche or Lake Erie Monsters jersey than a Thrashers one. The socks have that dumb "melting" effect on both sides. And if these images are accurate on the wordmark and front number sizes - ugh. This is the 2008 Atlanta Thrashers, not the Atlanta Hawks, or even the 1943 Boston Bruins.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Thrashers' thirds looks cluttered, especially on the front. And that's why you never put wordmarks and jersey numbers in the front, in lieu of team logos.

The Leafs thirds are awesome, despite of being nothing new.

The Oilers' alts are nice, despite the weird looking collar.

temp.png

TorontoMapleLeafs1.png

now, if it were up to me, the following 'vintage' jerseys would be brought back replacing their new ones. are those blues jerseys not incredible or what?!

5a03_12.JPG

You do know that that particular jersey never actually existed?

come on... close enough. either way, i like it.

now, if it were up to me, the following 'vintage' jerseys would be brought back replacing their new ones. are those blues jerseys not incredible or what?!

5a03_12.JPG

You do know that that particular jersey never actually existed?

It would be like selling a Yankee's jersey with black pinstripes... its close, but not accurate.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

"Close enough" is not what we trade in around here. I don't care if it violates some sort of ordinance, that jersey said "Ottawa Senators" on it when it was actually on the ice, and that's the way it should be now. This is just revisionist history.

And the one with white stripes added is better, anyway. :P

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Make the front numbers on the Thrashers jersey smaller and its not bad...I actually dont mind the giant shoulder logo or the design...

Feel the exact same way, other then the huge numbers I think it is a very nice looking jersey.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Here's roughly what the Thrashers alt should look like-

thrashersalt.png

These are better than I thought they would be (if they are legit) but they would be better if:

-yellow striping was thicker

-thrasher head wasn't so damn close to the striping

-the blue outline around the numbers had another yellow outline around it

I actually hope they go with these, though. My newest Thrashers jersey is pre-edge light blue so I will prolly pick one of these up.

i would argue that the atl thirds should be made their primary and their current darl set should be the thirds. i have always thought that design that atlanta had was waaaaay too comically outlandish to be worn 41+ times per year.

and for "vintage" jerseys being brought back as thirds or primaries, colorado avs plz.

Wow, they are definitely bold. I'm unequivocal about them at the moment. They could look good on the ice, or they could look horrible because of the vertical piping. I'll have to see them in action to fully know.

Also, if a fan were to purchase this jersey without a number, it would look seriously unbalanced. The number on the front is massive, almost as big as the one on the back!

Juventus.png

Wait - their home jersey is light blue, but this jersey (which presumably will be worn at home) has not a bit of their main color? Or sleeve numbers? Pick a effing color already.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love how the jersey features not baby blue and minimal navy but they still call themselves..."Blueland"

What a joke, "Blueland" would be a good name for a team suchs as NYR or the Leafs, since there main colour is...you guessed it...blue.

I like the jersey but wow, the number is huge and no sleeve numbers? Come on!

beLEAF

Archived