NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the flaws, this Thrashers 3rd looks so much tougher than the sissy Blueland Rainbow Pajamas that Atlanta wears now. I think the team is going to look sharper skating in these.

I would have prefered the Bird head of the shoulders to be where the number is, but I'm okay with the giant number on the front. It's distinctive.

I noticed no one had them yet, so here are some pictures of the new Thrashers jersey from their website

kovalchukfront_600.jpg

kovalchukside_600.jpg

I'll wait until I see them in action to judge them.

I just don't get it. There are three types of alts coming out. Most of these "alts" are just throwbacks (Oilers, Pens, Flyers, Leafs, Sabres). Why not just go back to that look then? The other set of these alts are just modernized college hockey/arena football jerseys (Stars, Thrashers). The final set is just another identity of the same color jersey (Blues, Kings, Bruins). I'm not blown away by any of them. I like how the Hawks do/did it. You have the colored jersey, the white representation of that same jersey, and the alternate color of the jersey making a nice set in all three team colors.

KISSwall09.jpg

thrashers alts are the best ones unveiled so far.

no need to bash it just because its not a tired vintage look.

Can I bash it because those front numbers are ridiculous and their no light blue in it?

Or how about that while I like the boldness I can't find any decent thought behind the striping pattern?

I just don't get it. There are three types of alts coming out. Most of these "alts" are just throwbacks (Oilers, Pens, Flyers, Leafs, Sabres). Why not just go back to that look then? The other set of these alts are just modernized college hockey/arena football jerseys (Stars, Thrashers). The final set is just another identity of the same color jersey (Blues, Kings, Bruins). I'm not blown away by any of them. I like how the Hawks do/did it. You have the colored jersey, the white representation of that same jersey, and the alternate color of the jersey making a nice set in all three team colors.

The Blues alternate is not the same color as the Blues home. Their home is a royal blue while their alternate is navy.

I'm not really sure what to make of the Thrashers jerseys. Right now I think they look pretty good, but I will have to wait to see them on the ice to see if they still look good. But they really need to pick one color. The home jerseys are light blue, the majority of the color on the roads is navy blue, and the alternates are maroon.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived