NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a die hard Thrashers fan, so it's a definite buy. I'll be getting a Kovalchuck, thankyaverymuch.

Otherwise, meh.

yes buy the ugliest 3rd jersey so far of a player who is out the door at the end of the year

why don't you light $150 on fire, you'll be better off

They're basketball jerseys with sleeves! You people are awful.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I love th new Thrashers jerseys.

I'm sick and tired of the rounded shoulders, 2 elbow stripes and coloured sleeve we typically see on 3rd or vintage jerseys... and this is coming from a Habs fan

News flash. Atlanta isn't an old team. They shouldn't be going with the vintage look. I like that they're the one team that actually does something different (this year's home jerseys and previous years 3rds)

The only thing I'd change is to make the THRASHERS a little bit bigger

That TB jersey is actually really nice... if only it didn't say BOLTS. Had the Lightning come up with a better logo, and put that logo on this jersey, I'd immediately go get a Steven Stamkos jersey.

Wade-sig.png

Atlanta's 3rd reminds me of the Patriots' jereys from the 90's where they had the extra large shoulder patch. Besides that, it almost loks like peuk. The worst 3rd by far. TBs loooks decent (besides the ass print), but a little more black would be better on the hem to better proportion it out - with a bit less white and silver on the arms.

The Thrashers jerseys are ok. They may grow on me. However when they are wearing the gloves with the light blue on them they don't really match. I like a set that matches through and through. The socks I can deal with because my Senators sport similar ones although theirs do wrap to the front a bit.

Sleeve numbers are necessary under league rules so they'll be there as the gallery shows (not sure why they had Kovalchuk without them in that one pic).

Reaction is mixed at best for these. One observation from the gallery though....it's a sad thing when you can't get the names of your own players right on your own website, it's Niclas not Niclals Havelid.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Have these been posted yet?

kPZrzreDd4_thumb_lightningthird.png

Can someone please photoshop the regular crest logo onto these? (or even better, the current primary logo without the silly "tampa bay" on it)

If not for the "Bolts" sillyness, I'd buy 14 of them. FINALLY we get a kick ass BLUE jersey with kick ass silver and white all over the place, and they screw it up. :cursing:

And one final thing, the "butt logo": All i have to say is WTF?! Whoever is in charge of designing our jerseys/logos is 100% obsessed with the "Tampa Bay" thing. Quick, find the words "Tampa Bay" on a Buccaneer or Rays jersey...

I'll wait....

Meanwhile, the Lightning have it displayed THREE times on our primary jerseys and FOUR times on our 3rds.

SigReflect.png

Tampa -> They took a potentially good third and ruined it. Do away with the hem logo, piping to nowhere and change the 'bolts' mark to an actual alternate logo and this becomes a 100% upgrade over what they have now. Otherwise its a nice jersey.

Grade: B-

Philadelphia -> PRetty much what we expected. THough dated, that type of look just looks right for them.

Grade: A

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Here are my very important opinions on all the new NHL 3rd jerseys this year. I know everybody has been waiting for them. I will be using the standard A to F grading scale that everyone should be familiar with from grade school.

Thrashers: I have to say, I kinda like it. It's different, but it works for me. I give it a B+

Bruins: I'm not too crazy about this one. The Bruins should just stick with their regular uniforms. I give it a C

Sabres: I like it, it reminds me of Pat LaFontaine and that's never a bad thing. I give it a A-

Hurricanes: It's okay I guess. I honestly don't care what the Hurricanes wear, they're a hockey team in North Carolina. They could wear Gladlock trashbags for all I care. I give it a C+

Oilers: Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking 'bout! Gretzky, Messier, Ron Low, Blair MacDonald, it brings me back to all the Oilers legends. A

Canadiens: What in tarnations is going on here? They are overdoing all this throwback business. What is with that crazy striped one? I want to give you an F, but I'll bump it up to a D because the Habs are such a historical hockey franchise.

Blues: Yeah, this one is okay. Nothing too inspiring though. I give it a solid B

Maple Leafs: Oh yeah, the crinkly leaf, daddy like! A+

Flyers: Very nice, of course the orange should be their regular home jersey, so I'm going to bump it down a grade on principle. B

Lightning: Oh my, what a mess. This one breaks two major rules, 1. don't put your nickname on your uniform and 2. the only hockey team allowed to use diagonal letters is the New York Rangers. On top of all that they spelled their star player's name wrong. Tsk tsk Tampa Bay, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to give you a F. See you in summer school.

Hurricanes: It's okay I guess. I honestly don't care what the Hurricanes wear, they're a hockey team in North Carolina. They could wear Gladlock trashbags for all I care. I give it a C+

Oilers: Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking 'bout! Gretzky, Messier, Ron Low, Blair MacDonald, it brings me back to all the Oilers legends. A

Canadiens: What in tarnations is going on here? They are overdoing all this throwback business. What is with that crazy striped one? I want to give you an F, but I'll bump it up to a D because the Habs are such a historical hockey franchise.

A little hypocritical here, you give the Thrashers a Hockey team in ATLANTA a B+ but because a team is in North Carolina you give them a C+ and really don't care? Doesn't make sense....

And then you give the Oilers an A and you give the Canadiens a D because they're celebrating their 100th anniversary??? Odd... Just really odd.

Atlanta: I don't mind them I just wish the number on the front wasn't so big.

Philly: Gorgeous, beautiful looking jerseys. Have always said I wanted them to do this. I would have prefered to see a reversal of the colors from there home and away jerseys, but that's okay.

Tampa: I likethe Blue just wish they used there alternate logo.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

A little hypocritical here, you give the Thrashers a Hockey team in ATLANTA a B+ but because a team is in North Carolina you give them a C+ and really don't care? Doesn't make sense....

And then you give the Oilers an A and you give the Canadiens a D because they're celebrating their 100th anniversary??? Odd... Just really odd.

How is it hypocritical? What do Atlanta and North Carolina have to do with each other? Because they are both in the South? I don't care about that. Need I remind you of the Atlanta Flames who played from 1972-1980 before moving to a small town in Canada, there's a lot of NHL history in that town! To me, the Hurricanes have always been a bland, boring, lame team with boring uniforms, I wish they never left Hartford, where they had awesome uniforms. Maybe if they took a chance like the Thrashers did and make a bold, unique, slick-looking third jersey I would respect them more, instead they just made a black uniform and stuck their secondary logo on it. Oh, real creative!!!

As for the Canadiens/Oilers thing, I thought I explained this. The Canadiens just went overboard. What, are they going to wear every jersey they ever had? Give me a break. Also, some uniforms need to stay in the past, that striped uniform is hideous. If you want to celebrate your anniversary, throw a party, don't play dress up every night.

Archived