NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
013.jpg

I think I figured out one of my problems with the Hawks' black sweater. For some reason, the Chief gets washed out and dull when put on black. It doesn't pop like it does on the white and red sweaters.

Those might be fakes, but I'm sure that's what the third will be.

I think I figured out one of my problems with the Hawks' black sweater. For some reason, the Chief gets washed out and dull when put on black. It doesn't pop like it does on the white and red sweaters.

Well, for one thing the black hair fades right in and there is less contrast between the colour used for the face and the jersey fabric on the black jersey compared to the other two.

Its an ok jersey, but I've always thought it wasn't anything special, and certainly weaker than the regular classic looks.

Well, for one thing the black hair fades right in and there is less contrast between the colour used for the face and the jersey fabric on the black jersey compared to the other two.

Its an ok jersey, but I've always thought it wasn't anything special, and certainly weaker than the regular classic looks.

It might be blasphemous, especially since I'm a die-hard Hawks fan, but a modern red alternate would be preferable.

013.jpg

I'm leaning toward legit on the jerseys. Remember that only replicas have the front jack tag and the split hem on the sides.

Also (and this is some wild speculation here) one of the hangers is from Norman's Cleaners, which is just a piece down Oak Park Avenue from City Sports Lettering, who does all of the customizing work for the Hawks' game jerseys.

For a few years, there was an additional outline outside of the black, which matched the Chief's skin tone. This went a long way to remedy the issue caused by the black background.

Blackhawks5.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm watching the Panther's home opener pregame show and one of their reporters just said that the Panthers have made the 'Panther with broken stick' logo their primary and that the jerseys will change (not this season however). Any one hear about this?

013.jpg

I'm leaning toward legit on the jerseys. Remember that only replicas have the front jack tag and the split hem on the sides.

Also (and this is some wild speculation here) one of the hangers is from Norman's Cleaners, which is just a piece down Oak Park Avenue from City Sports Lettering, who does all of the customizing work for the Hawks' game jerseys.

For a few years, there was an additional outline outside of the black, which matched the Chief's skin tone. This went a long way to remedy the issue caused by the black background.

Blackhawks5.gif

I agree that the other two jerseys are legit (because the tagging is correct inside the collar) but we can't see past the hanger cover on the black jersey. I wish we could see it in order to see whether it had the RBK or Reebok tagging which would give it away.

I think what bothers me about the black jersey is the mostly white collar. I don't know why but I really don't like it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

013.jpg

Blackhawks5.gif

I dunno. I had a black Hawks jersey with the outline and I think it looked cheesy and cheap.

Is it just me or are some of the new jerseys equipped with a straight hem line? It seems like the Toronto ones, Edmonton's, and one of the Canadiens jerseys have a normal non-rounded hem line.

The Leafs have a rounded hemline.

And Habsfan, those jerseys aren't fake. I think Sodboy's analysis would explain the reason for the lack of tag inside the collar even though it has the proper piping (the black, not reflective). They are also huge, which is usually how player jerseys look.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm watching the Panther's home opener pregame show and one of their reporters just said that the Panthers have made the 'Panther with broken stick' logo their primary and that the jerseys will change (not this season however). Any one hear about this?

No but I was gonna ask about this when I saw that logo as the small Panthers logo on the top of NHL.com. I saw it during the highlights of their game on NHL on the Fly on the Network also so I guess that makes sense now.

teamsnew2.png

No but I was gonna ask about this when I saw that logo as the small Panthers logo on the top of NHL.com. I saw it during the highlights of their game on NHL on the Fly on the Network also so I guess that makes sense now.

ya the logo on their homepage is like that too which is really gay cause i think the original is much better

Find an adjective better than "gay." Then maybe you can be a real grownup worthy of posting on this forum.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

wKZ50j5ZN8_thumb_flyersthird.png

Per the guy at the Wachovia Center gift shop. Black Friday it debuts.

Slap some black piping on the sleeve, and make the hem stripe black (and extend it all the way down) and that should be the current home. That template is so much better than the one they went with, which produces the "little black dress" effect on their mis-colored home jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived