NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching the Wings v. Canes and I noticed the helmet of Cam Ward. Did he steal one of Felix Potvin's helmets? It looks very similar to Potvin's helmet.

it does look that way... not too bad of a mask

He changes his mask every year. This one might be his nicest.

...and for a visual...

capt.415e83edc12a4f458361f6b05bc9ef26.red_wings_hurricanes_hockey_nckd104.jpg

any mask would be better than his Nickelback mask. How embarrassing.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Currently watching the Wings v. Canes. And the new uniforms in action are pretty cool.

capt.0c572076fd6348a2b38e1b8ee305a499.red_wings_hurricanes_hockey_nckd101.jpg

wow, they actually sprung for black pants and helmets. I think that makes them the only team to use a different pair of pants for an alternate uniform that is not a throwback. I still don't get the grayscale shoulder logo and they changed the hurricane warning flag on the hem to a different flag altogether, but otherwise it's a pretty good look.

Also, is the chevron pattern on the sleeves also present on the socks? If so, cool.

Looks like the sprung for the extra pair gloves, too as they usually have red gloves with grey/white/black accents. Hell, even Buffalo wouldn't spring for those with their alts two season ago. I really like that blackout look, i think it looks 100 times better than that jersey with their usual garb would.

SEAsig.png

The Islanders have now added a countdown to their website til the unveiling of their new third jersey on November 1. I know we already know what to expect but the main page also includes this teaser graphic:

logo_jersey4.jpg

One thing I was happy to see in the article on the site was the following: "For the first time since 1996, the Islanders will skate in a game wearing a completely new uniform?including a new jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, and socks." I guess that means they'll be no worries about whether the Islanders will properly complete the look rather than using their normal accessories a la the Sabres a few years back.

mets.png

The Islanders have now added a countdown to their website til the unveiling of their new third jersey on November 1. I know we already know what to expect but the main page also includes this teaser graphic:

logo_jersey4.jpg

One thing I was happy to see in the article on the site was the following: "For the first time since 1996, the Islanders will skate in a game wearing a completely new uniform—including a new jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, and socks." I guess that means they'll be no worries about whether the Islanders will properly complete the look rather than using their normal accessories a la the Sabres a few years back.

I hope they are going to be wearing the lighter blue equipment and not orange stuff for a whole new design... man... could you imagine? I don't want to...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

logo_jersey4.jpg

One thing I was happy to see in the article on the site was the following: "For the first time since 1996, the Islanders will skate in a game wearing a completely new uniform?including a new jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, and socks." I guess that means they'll be no worries about whether the Islanders will properly complete the look rather than using their normal accessories a la the Sabres a few years back.

Then what was the Edge, chopped liver?

Seriously.

Currently watching the Wings v. Canes. And the new uniforms in action are pretty cool.

capt.0c572076fd6348a2b38e1b8ee305a499.red_wings_hurricanes_hockey_nckd101.jpg

wow, they actually sprung for black pants and helmets. I think that makes them the only team to use a different pair of pants for an alternate uniform that is not a throwback. I still don't get the grayscale shoulder logo and they changed the hurricane warning flag on the hem to a different flag altogether, but otherwise it's a pretty good look.

Also, is the chevron pattern on the sleeves also present on the socks? If so, cool.

Looks like the sprung for the extra pair gloves, too as they usually have red gloves with grey/white/black accents. Hell, even Buffalo wouldn't spring for those with their alts two season ago. I really like that blackout look, i think it looks 100 times better than that jersey with their usual garb would.

hated the look.....would like to see the red pants with the black sweater........and red helmet

yoo3.png

hated the look.....would like to see the red pants with the black sweater........and red helmet

I too would like to see it happen, out of curiosity. But I don't know how the actual players would feel about wearing that.

Watching the Wings v. Canes and I noticed the helmet of Cam Ward. Did he steal one of Felix Potvin's helmets? It looks very similar to Potvin's helmet.

it does look that way... not too bad of a mask

He changes his mask every year. This one might be his nicest.

...and for a visual...

capt.415e83edc12a4f458361f6b05bc9ef26.red_wings_hurricanes_hockey_nckd104.jpg

any mask would be better than his Nickelback mask. How embarrassing.

The Nickelback mask looked amazing until you realized it was Nickelback on there. The general design and color scheme looked real nice from a distance.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

CANUCKS LEAK!

CANUCKSTHIRD.jpg

So... they couldn't be creative and use a different striping pattern? Not bad (better than their current set) but come on, its IDENTICAL to their home jersey say logos used. Oh well... it could have been worse...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

CANUCKS LEAK!

CANUCKSTHIRD.jpg

So... they couldn't be creative and use a different striping pattern? Not bad (better than their current set) but come on, its IDENTICAL to their home jersey say logos used. Oh well... it could have been worse...

The striping is slightly different. Still though, what's the point?

vancouver_canucks_home_jersey.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

CANUCKS LEAK!

CANUCKSTHIRD.jpg

Why oh why did they deface this?:

primary-1971.gif

Bring it back.

Well, I'd say the 'C' in the updated version is much more visible, but I'm not sure why the stick had to be slanted. Even though the jersey is rather redundant, on its own, I'd put it up there with the nicer sets in the league.

About what we expected for the Canucks. I can't say its at all exciting though. Some differences from the real vintage ones:

Its a slightly different striping pattern than the original vintage uniforms, we've got blue space between the white (which are now much thicker) and green on the new ones.

Oh, and they've inverted the logo colours of course.

CANUCKSTHIRD.jpgjersey290_b.jpg

I don't particularly mind the new stick in rink. It does show the "C" better, but the blade of the stick is a little freakish looking. I also don't care for the johnny canuck head on a v logo. I think this is a much better shoulder logo:

9xft5e6hg85yq5m3j81s.gif

Archived