NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

CANUCKS LEAK!

CANUCKSTHIRD.jpg

HALLELUJAH!! Johnny Canuck is FINALLY an official part of the team's uniform.

IMHO, I really love the changes. They kept the main idea of everything and touched it up perfectly. My only nitpick would be that now they are almost just like the Bruins now. But I'm sure I won't care after a while. I hope they will use the current numbers and letters, block numbers won't look fantastic on this particular jersey. At this point, it's safe to at least assume that this will become the new home jersey, when the team is granted permission to change. That would once and for all bury all the hatred towards the Orca, the wordmark and the overall failure of a uniform they are currently wearing. With that said, I'm wondering just how long would it take for the new stick n' rink logo to be pounded upon.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurricanes- I love em. I know alot of people are sick of the black, but I think they look really good and would consider picking one up some day.

Islanders- I'm more excited to see a whole new design rather than another vintage jersey. The vintage 3rd is cool, but I think keep the 3rd and vintage seperate. I'd love to see another orange jersey.

Canucks- not too bad. I don't really feel too strong one way or another, it looks nice.

2ly2w09.jpg

Stick-in-rink = lamest logo ever - followed slightly by the Cavs ball-in-net logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Stick-in-rink = lamest logo ever - followed slightly by the Cavs ball-in-net logo.

I don't know, that cute little guy in the V on the shoulder there seems to be a bit lamer.

Don't ever dare disrespect Johnny Canuck.

Seriously.

Historically a great logo.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't know, that cute little guy in the V on the shoulder there seems to be a bit lamer.

Seriously.

Sure, but the "Severed Head on an Ice Cream Cone" logo isn't one of its better incarnations.

Seriously.

lolintvm4.jpg

Are you going to :censored:ing kill him for :censored:ing disrespecting your precious :censored:ing logo?

Or maybe you'll use your karate or l33t skillz to :censored: him up on behalf of your BFF Johnny Canuck.

:rolleyes:

oakqb4.jpg

Seriously.

lolintvm4.jpg

Are you going to :censored:ing kill him for :censored:ing disrespecting your precious :censored:ing logo?

Or maybe you'll use your karate or l33t skillz to :censored: him up on behalf of your BFF Johnny Canuck.

:rolleyes:

anyone reading that and who has been on these boards for any significant amount of time can see what i was saying and the context in which i said it. You have obviously misjudged what i was saying, and replied with a hate-filled vulgar response. If you do not like what i say or have said, please feel free to Private Message (PM) me, and we can discuss any disagreements you have with me in that forum. Thank you.

And again, for the record, Johnny Canuck is a damn great logo.

sB9ijEj.png

Seriously.

Sure is:

Vachons.png

I like J.C. Unfortunately, what they got on that shoulder ain't a good J.C.

Seriously.

Sure is:

Vachons.png

I like J.C. Unfortunately, what they got on that shoulder ain't a good J.C.

Agree to a point. I would have much rather seen the full body Johnny come back, but the V-Head ain't bad. I think it would make a better crest than the stick-in-rink logo...

sB9ijEj.png

Here's what I don't like.

The Canucks current uniforms are inspired by the original stick-in-rink uniforms. They took their basic striping from that.

So on their alternate in which they go retro to bring back that logo, they take the same jersey cut then screw with it a little.

So now not only does it not match the regular striping system, it doesn't match the retro striping system.

Kills me.

That said, I'd also hate if they had just used the exact same jersey cut for it. When they made their decision to be inspired by the retro jerseys, that became the tie to that old jersey. This new one should have its own design. Not some half-ass attempt at being the same and different at the same time.

CANUCKS LEAK!

CANUCKSTHIRD.jpg

Why oh why did they deface this?:

primary-1971.gif

Bring it back.

I hate this new animated cartoon logo with the freakish stick. They should have just MILDLY updated the old one.

The jersey is boring as hell to boot. If you're gonna do a third in the same colour can you at least add a lace up so it looks a little different?

There's so many simple yet classy things they could have tried instead of this in your face cartoon garbage. God. I think I like their current set better. If that's possible.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived