• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CANUCKS LEAK!

CANUCKSTHIRD.jpg

Why oh why did they deface this?:

primary-1971.gif

Bring it back.

I hate this new animated cartoon logo with the freakish stick. They should have just MILDLY updated the old one.

The jersey is boring as hell to boot. If you're gonna do a third in the same colour can you at least add a lace up so it looks a little different?

There's so many simple yet classy things they could have tried instead of this in your face cartoon garbage. God. I think I like their current set better. If that's possible.

The thing is. The updated S-I-R logo is perfect, for a shoulder patch. It doesn't go well on a jersey by it's self. Add that to the ugly JC logo they have on the shoulder, and the recycled jersey cut. I give it a C-

CANUCKS LEAK!

CANUCKSTHIRD.jpg

Why oh why did they deface this?:

primary-1971.gif

Bring it back.

I hate this new animated cartoon logo with the freakish stick. They should have just MILDLY updated the old one.

The jersey is boring as hell to boot. If you're gonna do a third in the same colour can you at least add a lace up so it looks a little different?

There's so many simple yet classy things they could have tried instead of this in your face cartoon garbage. God. I think I like their current set better. If that's possible.

If this isn't mildly updated, I'd hate to think what might have happened had they done something crazy like change the blue and the green around or something.

The great thing about this board is the wildly metaphorical internet rage that occurs whenever something happens. I early await the "rape of childhood" metaphors from other Vancouverites, if there were any here that were closer to my age.

It's a fine update of the logo, and it's a boring jersey as a whole. I'd have much preferred an update of the flying V in current colors, myself, but it is what it is. And what it is, is a cash cow.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Here's what I don't like.

The Canucks current uniforms are inspired by the original stick-in-rink uniforms. They took their basic striping from that.

So on their alternate in which they go retro to bring back that logo, they take the same jersey cut then screw with it a little.

So now not only does it not match the regular striping system, it doesn't match the retro striping system.

Kills me.

That said, I'd also hate if they had just used the exact same jersey cut for it. When they made their decision to be inspired by the retro jerseys, that became the tie to that old jersey. This new one should have its own design. Not some half-ass attempt at being the same and different at the same time.

I agree with all those things plus, and this is something I just thought of, they will likely be wearing this jersey with their regular pants. As in, their pants will have a different stripe than the jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's a fine update of the logo, and it's a boring jersey as a whole. I'd have much preferred an update of the flying V in current colors, myself, but it is what it is. And what it is, is a cash cow.

You sick bastard. A Flying V done in blue and green might actually convince me to put down money for an Edge jersey. What would you use for the sleeve logos - the flying skate, or something from the current package?

As for those screaming about the Canucks changing the stick-in-rink - seriously? An angle on the stick, and a couple of outline alterations, and it's time to gather the torches and pitchforks? The Leafs' and Habs' primary logos have undergone more noticeable changes than that alleged logo of yours - oh, and since that logo was last in use as a primary, your team has identified itself with every color of the rainbow excluding purple. What tradition are you crowing about, exactly?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You sick bastard. A Flying V done in blue and green might actually convince me to put down money for an Edge jersey. What would you use for the sleeve logos - the flying skate, or something from the current package?

As for those screaming about the Canucks changing the stick-in-rink - seriously? An angle on the stick, and a couple of outline alterations, and it's time to gather the torches and pitchforks? The Leafs' and Habs' primary logos have undergone more noticeable changes than that alleged logo of yours - oh, and since that logo was last in use as a primary, your team has identified itself with every color of the rainbow excluding purple. What tradition are you crowing about, exactly?

The point here is, the Canucks are a machine. And Letterform is raging against it. Don't you get it?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The point here is, the Canucks are a machine. And Letterform is raging against it. Don't you get it?

Machine... huh? Letterform... raging? Sounds like someone has logo issues that need to be discussed with the doctor! :P

Ah, so you're saying that Zack de la Rocha does suck. Now I get it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

vegas gold

copper

pewter

flourescent yellow

aqua

teal

brown

indigo

pink

would disagree with that.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

oh, and since that logo was last in use as a primary, your team has identified itself with every color of the rainbow excluding purple. What tradition are you crowing about, exactly?

vegas gold

copper

pewter

flourescent yellow

aqua

teal

brown

indigo

pink

would disagree with that.

Not exactly pillars of the rainbow, those.

The Islanders have now added a countdown to their website til the unveiling of their new third jersey on November 1. I know we already know what to expect but the main page also includes this teaser graphic:

logo_jersey4.jpg

One thing I was happy to see in the article on the site was the following: "For the first time since 2007, the Islanders will skate in a game wearing a completely new uniform?including a new jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, and socks." I guess that means they'll be no worries about whether the Islanders will properly complete the look rather than using their normal accessories a la the Sabres a few years back.

fixed that for ya.

apparantly they missed 1998/99 where they officially killed the fisherman set and went to modernized cup era uniforms with navy and orange. then missed 2002/2003 when they introduced the orange alternate. then missed last year when they switched to the edge :censored: they rolled out last year. so no this is not the first time since 96 where they will be wearing a completely new uniform.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury i present the following exhibits

the following changes since 96:

96/97: Islanders6.gif

Alternate added.

97/98: Islanders7.gif

Fisherman dies and is replaced with new 'LI logo' on fisherman templates.

98/99:Islanders8.gif

a completely new uniform set, well sort of. its a modernized version of their old uniforms.

2002/2003: Islanders2.gif

Orange alternate added. The orange alternate however was a completely [ugly at that] new look save for the logo.

2007/2008: Islanders5.gif

The current garb, completely new set with same logo.

that quote is factually untrue and misleading. if they were wearing a completely new set for the first time since 96 then they would be bringing out a new logo and since there is no mention of new logo and the teaster uses the current logo, it is my conclusion that this "For the first time since 2007, the Islanders will skate in a game wearing a completely new uniform?including a new jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, and socks." is completely false.

I rest my case.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I can understand why some old canuck fans are upset by this change but thats like old red wing, black hawk, or any original six team being upset with logo alterations. They are for the better imo. They are not drastic changes but minor improvements to previous flaws to the design. These aren't being made by some 15 year old kid that thinks it will look cool either. I'm sure every change is weighed out with each of these. I always liked the Bruins main logo but the new edge version is 100 times better. I'm not going to cry all day because it's not a throwback or what have you. The Canucks have had a mess of logos and identity problems over the last couple decades. Maybe this new design will be something they can keep for more than 3 years...

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The Islanders have now added a countdown to their website til the unveiling of their new third jersey on November 1. I know we already know what to expect but the main page also includes this teaser graphic:

logo_jersey4.jpg

One thing I was happy to see in the article on the site was the following: "For the first time since 2007, the Islanders will skate in a game wearing a completely new uniform—including a new jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, and socks." I guess that means they'll be no worries about whether the Islanders will properly complete the look rather than using their normal accessories a la the Sabres a few years back.

fixed that for ya.

apparantly they missed 1998/99 where they officially killed the fisherman set and went to modernized cup era uniforms with navy and orange. then missed 2002/2003 when they introduced the orange alternate. then missed last year when they switched to the edge :censored: they rolled out last year. so no this is not the first time since 96 where they will be wearing a completely new uniform.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury i present the following exhibits

the following changes since 96:

96/97: Islanders6.gif

Alternate added.

97/98: Islanders7.gif

Fisherman dies and is replaced with new 'LI logo' on fisherman templates.

98/99:Islanders8.gif

a completely new uniform set, well sort of. its a modernized version of their old uniforms.

2002/2003: Islanders2.gif

Orange alternate added. The orange alternate however was a completely [ugly at that] new look save for the logo.

2007/2008: Islanders5.gif

The current garb, completely new set with same logo.

that quote is factually untrue and misleading. if they were wearing a completely new set for the first time since 96 then they would be bringing out a new logo and since there is no mention of new logo and the teaster uses the current logo, it is my conclusion that this "For the first time since 2007, the Islanders will skate in a game wearing a completely new uniform—including a new jersey, pants, helmet, gloves, and socks." is completely false.

I rest my case.

I understand what you are saying but that it not what the initial argument was about. It will be the First time since 96. The fisherman style jersey was the first time that every item of the uniform was changed and that a new identity was processed. The remake of the glory day jerseys was just that, a remake with a few darker colors. It isn't a new uniform design. The edge jersey was new, but only in the sense that it was a league wide alteration and they still ended up using their original colors, same logo and basic jersey design (they removed the bottom stripes and stretched out the orange and blue on the sleeves, only difference is the upper half of the arms being orange). I believe what they are trying to say is that you will not be able to compare this new uniform to any in the past the same way that you couldn't compare any similarities to the fisherman uniform. Pick up what I'm puttin down? I'm curious to see what they decide to make, or even if it will be the same color scheme.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived