NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Botta, former VP of media relations for the Islanders blogs about his experience with the "Fishsticks" logo...pretty good stuff.

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2008/10...-on-the-bounty/

surprisingly a well written article concerning the fishermans.

kaspar-fish1-300x251.jpg

Yep, it was an awesome read. I had posted a reply there but have not seen any follow-up regarding the possibility of these sweaters (as seen above) being prototypes. If you look closely, the waist stripes are diagonal like the Mighty Ducks sweaters instead of the wavy stripes as seen on the on-ice sweaters. Any thoughts, guys and gals?

I noticed the same thing. I think it is a protoytpe. Nice catch.

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/10/bla...next-month.html

Sponsorship on a third jersey? This is madness. :o

Of it, not on it. Big difference. Seagate's name and portable drives will be all around at the unveiling, but you will not be seeing an ad patch on the jersey itself.

The name "Black Armor," by the way, suggests to me a jersey with little in the way of color, which sounds disappointing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just a guess here, but I'm thinking Reebok isn't exactly thrilled with their high-profile product being associated with anything "Armo(u)r".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/10/bla...next-month.html

Sponsorship of a third jersey? This is madness. :o

Speaking of SJ's upcomming alt, I've heard that the orange and black shield would be the crest, not the full-body shark by itself. I woudn't be surprised if it ends up teal-less. Maybe if the Sharks look like their next door former champions, they will also begin to play like them.

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HARD DRIVE.

... So wait... The files are IN the Hard Drive?

No no, the files are in the computer!

Ohhhh see that makes sense!

Zoolander FTW

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Speaking of SJ's upcomming alt, I've heard that the orange and black shield would be the crest, not the full-body shark by itself. I woudn't be surprised if it ends up teal-less. Maybe if the Sharks look like their next door former champions, they will also begin to play like them.

They'll sign some douchebag roid-freak with an oversized head?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived