NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
playertsd2.jpg

Want. In a Toews or Sharp, preferably. Or maybe even a Byfuglien. Though it's an odd choice - a look from 1934-35 that only lasted partway through the season (according to nhluniforms.com).

No way Detroit wears the white breezers, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

meh totally wrong logo on chicago but then noone's really ever gotten the pre-indian head logos even close to accurate. The Detroit Cougars appeared to have two sets of unis that year and both featured a different old english D. I kinda prefer the other:

Cougars1.gif

556b.jpg

DEATH TO REEBOK

I'm going to have to get one of those Blackhawks shirts, probably Toews. I thought they would have went with the barberpole, but these should look good. I can't wait until they unveil them tonight.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

kane_toews_wc.jpg

Link

BlackHawks3.gif

Cougars1.gif

Chicago will wear a primarily black jersey with red and beige horizontal body stripes that was worn by the club in 1936-37. The crest features the classic version of the Blackhawks logo encircled by "Chicago Blackhawks" word mark. Detroit will wear a white-based jersey with a single red body stripe inspired by the jerseys initially worn by the club circa 1926-27. The crest features a classic Old English "D" in the center, with the current Detroit Red Wings iconic winged wheel logo on each shoulder.

So there you have it. Those unis, and Detroit added the winged wheel logo to the shoulder.

The pants won't be white or beige though :P

I know, right? But it would be RIDICULOUSLY cool if they did. I honestly think that the Blackhawks might do it, but I think the Wings will probably lame-out and go with red pants.

The pants won't be white or beige though :P

I know, right? But it would be RIDICULOUSLY cool if they did. I honestly think that the Blackhawks might do it, but I think the Wings will probably lame-out and go with red pants.

I think teams learned from the Capitals about white shorts. They would look horrendous in those. The beige ones look strangely good, on the other hand. I hope the Hawks go with those.

Wow, I don't like either of those at all. I don't see the point in wearing retro sweaters with performance textiles and ducktails. The eras don't match, and it's not as if either one is a callback to an age of outdoor hockey that never existed. Barberpole would've been pretty cool, though.

I don't mind white pants. Winnipeg could've pulled it off.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wow, I don't like either of those at all. I don't see the point in wearing retro sweaters with performance textiles and ducktails. The eras don't match, and it's not as if either one is a callback to an age of outdoor hockey that never existed. Barberpole would've been pretty cool, though.

I don't mind white pants. Winnipeg could've pulled it off.

So what would be the point of wearing the barberpole jerseys with current textiles? What do textiles have to do with them wearing a jersey design that was worn in a different era? I guess Montreal, Detroit, Toronto, the Rangers, and whatever team kept their look the same with all these new textile fabrics is pointless. And it's not like either Buffalo or Pittsburgh's were a throwback to games played outdoors, neither team was even in existence when the NHL played outdoors! I guess all the classic teams need to be wearing wool sweaters and old crappy, unsafe equipment.

Archived