NCAA Basketball

Billy B

My bracket started to get it's annual brutal rape job the moment the final buzzer sounded when Michigan State defeated Pitt (Who was my dark horse pick to reach the Final Four)

All I have to say is this: Screw the Big Ten and Screw Davidson!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My bracket started to get it's annual brutal rape job the moment the final buzzer sounded when Michigan State defeated Pitt (Who was my dark horse pick to reach the Final Four)

Ah Dustin, still hatin', but yeah I had Pitt going all the way to the Championship game only to lose in a choking way to State. At least I still have North Carolina :D. Damn my bracket sucks now. Here is to next year

My Bracket = ruined.

My $10 = wasted.

Now that my betting interests are gone...GO! STATE! GO STATE!

Yeah me too, but I cant complain too much I won $300 last year.

Words of wisdom: Never put money on 18-22 year-old kids.....

...and never give money TO 18-22 year-old kids.

I saw, I came, I left.

That explosion you just heard is the sound of bursting brackets. Davidson just knocked off Georgetown. (Edit: Ok, Drew and I were posting this at the same time, it seems.)

Butler almost pulled off the upset over Tennessee, too, but came up just short in OT.

Ironically, that's one of the few upsets I called.

My bracket is otherwise dead to me at the moment.

At least I get to go to a CBI game tomorrow.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ah Dustin, still hatin', but yeah I had Pitt going all the way to the Championship game only to lose in a choking way to State. At least I still have North Carolina :D. Damn my bracket sucks now. Here is to next year

At least I have a reason to hate. Those stupid ass pansie schools from the Little Ten Chicken-:censored: costed me a Final Four team (Pitt) and a Sweet 16 team (Kansas State). Plus, now I can add Davidson to my list for knocking out another one of my Final Four teams (Georgetown).

At least for my consolation, I still have my finalists (Tennessee and UCLA).

Having Davidson as one of my sweet sixteen is more than offset by the fact that only UCLA was accurately predicted by me as one of the final four of the West bracket and that Vanderbilt is my Midwest regional champion.

That being said, which #1 stands to have the easiest path to San Antonio now? Either Kansas or UCLA, but the way the Tar Heels are playing - can anyone beat Carolina right now?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

That explosion you just heard is the sound of bursting brackets. Davidson just knocked off Georgetown. (Edit: Ok, Drew and I were posting this at the same time, it seems.)

Butler almost pulled off the upset over Tennessee, too, but came up just short in OT.

Ironically, that's one of the few upsets I called.

Same here, I had Davidson over G'Town and WVU over Duke. I have 11/16 sweet 16 teams correct, and only 2 elite 8's are gone. (Clemson and Pitt)

saBS.png

sloan.jpg

Woah, another controversial call at the end of a UCLA game?!? Now I'm definitely not one to blame the refs for a loss, but it sucks that this great game had to end with such a crappy no-call. Oh well, I can't wait until UCLA's luck finally runs dry.

Know I'm a little late on this, but I just couldn't talk about it last night lol

AM.gif

sloan.jpg

Woah, another controversial call at the end of a UCLA game?!? Now I'm definitely not one to blame the refs for a loss, but it sucks that this great game had to end with such a crappy no-call. Oh well, I can't wait until UCLA's luck finally runs dry.

Know I'm a little late on this, but I just couldn't talk about it last night lol

Controversial calls suck, but if A&M actually remembered how to shoot the basketball for an approximately ten minute period in the second half, this conversation would not be happening.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

sloan.jpg

I gotta agree with you. I hate this "let the kids play" stuff. It is either a foul or it is not a foul. It seems like some games the whistle blows every 2 seconds at the end of the game and others not at all.

Regardless, even though my bracket went to hell, I did have Davidson beating G'Town. I also thought that Miss. State would pull one out over Memphis. I can't wait till they lose. They are the WORST foul shooting team I have ever seen. If that game was 30 longer, they would have blown that lead.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

Regardless, even though my bracket went to hell, I did have Davidson beating G'Town. I also thought that Miss. State would pull one out over Memphis. I can't wait till they lose. They are the WORST foul shooting team I have ever seen. If that game was 30 longer, they would have blown that lead.

That's probably why Memphis won't win it all. I want them to do it just so MSU can say that they came within 3 points of knocking off the National Champion, but they probably won't win it because I've never seen an elite team like that just be TERRIBLE at free throws, and it's not like this is a new thing. Is it tradition to not practice free throws on that team?

Well, Bradley's headed to the CBI Final Four...probably with the help of house refs, and certainly with the help of a large home crowd (I forgot what it's like to be in Carver Arena when people are actually there, and making noise.)

Great second half comeback by the Braves, though.

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, Bradley's headed to the CBI Final Four...probably with the help of house refs, and certainly with the help of a large home crowd (I forgot what it's like to be in Carver Arena when people are actually there, and making noise.)

Great second half comeback by the Braves, though.

I am truly sorry; but I just can't give a damn about the CBI.

I also had Davidson over Georgetown as well as Butler over Tennessee. Then again, I also had UConn in the Final 4. So much for that....

Though it seems like the vast majority of brackets are completely busted this year. Out of 3.5 million entries, there were 2 people who correctly guessed the Sweet 16 on ESPN.com.

I know I'm the only one who cares, but...

Bradley 96, Virginia 85

On to the CBI Finals Series!

They went to an ACC team's house...and won! There were three BCS teams in the tournament...and Bradley took out two of them. Nice job Braves!

Today, we are all otaku.

Bradley 96, Virginia 85

They went to an ACC team's house...and won! There were three BCS teams in the tournament...and Bradley took out two of them. Nice job Braves!

Umm.....I'm pretty stoked for you, Dude, but....

Isn't the BCS a football thing?!

Sigs are for sissies.

Bradley 96, Virginia 85

Umm.....I'm pretty stoked for you, Dude, but....

Isn't the BCS a football thing?!

BCS leagues just refer to the big conferences in basketball. It's just a quick way to say the "major" conferences.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived