NCAA Basketball

Billy B

I know I'm the only one who cares, but...

Bradley 96, Virginia 85

On to the CBI Finals Series!

They went to an ACC team's house...and won! There were three BCS teams in the tournament...and Bradley took out two of them. Nice job Braves!

Yes, you are the only one that cares. :P

Yay, Bradley! You beat sorry-ass Virginia to advance to a finals series that about 14 other people care about...yay! Go Braves!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other news....the Final Four continues to elude Bruce Pearl, West Virginia loses in OT, Western Kentucky loses in a respectable manner, and Washington State experienced an epic curb stomping.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hopefully todays games will be just as good

I would love to see Davidson get through to the elite eight.

EDIT: Davidson 73, Wisconsin 56. I wonder if there's any room left on the bandwagon?

This just in...

The Big Ten sucks at everything.

Nah...only when they play the Southern Conference.

Next topic....will Curry enter the NBA Draft, and will he be a lottery pick?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This just in...

at least the sec bit it too so we don't have to hear about their "dominance" in basketball for another year.

and willmorris, who takes curry over beasley, mayo and love? i give him top ten if he can keep this run up and Davidson makes the final four, but that's only because i don't know enough of the other college prospects to make a case for or against him. he'll go high, but not #1.

This just in...

at least the sec bit it too so we don't have to hear about their "dominance" in basketball for another year.

and willmorris, who takes curry over beasley, mayo and love? i give him top ten if he can keep this run up and Davidson makes the final four, but that's only because i don't know enough of the other college prospects to make a case for or against him. he'll go high, but not #1.

You never know, the Knicks could win the lottery after all...

LvZYtbZ.png

I think, the way he's playing tonight, he's a justifiable #1 pick. That said, I don't think he should jump, but only because I don't believe players should go to the NBA until after they graduate.

Why?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think, the way he's playing tonight, he's a justifiable #1 pick. That said, I don't think he should jump, but only because I don't believe players should go to the NBA until after they graduate.

Why?

Please don't encourage him. It's not going to make sense anyway.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

This just in...

Nah...only when they play the Southern Conference.

Next topic....will Curry enter the NBA Draft, and will he be a lottery pick?

I hope he stays in college, because I think he could win POY next year. And, I don't know why, but I'd rather see him play college ball then go to the NBA. He could also add a few more pounds of muscle.

But, if he does go pro, some teams will shy away from him because of his height. He's naturally a shooting guard, but at 6'3" he'll have a hard time defending other taller, and stronger, players that play SG for other teams. So, ideally he'd fit in perfectly in a situation like the Nets or Clippers. Both of these teams have taller points guards (Devin Harris and Shaun Livingston) that could defend the other team's SG.

But I hope he stays.

Can people please stop doubting Memphis?

When they start making free throws. They're not going to blow out Texas, UCLA/Xavier, and whoever they would play in the title game. If that game against Mississippi State was a minute longer their foul shooting would have lost them the game. When they are playing an elite team they will need to hit free throws, and they haven't shown they could do that this year.

As for staying in college. Love should stay, he's on my NCFA team. Curry should stay so Jason Richards (who is on my NCFA) can keep feeding him and lead the country in assists again. With my personal interests aside, I think Love needs to stay at least one more year, he's not huge for a center so he will need to keep improving his game in college.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I feel that Curry would be better off in school. Let's face it, there needs to be a great four-year player that goes to the NBA much like Tim Duncan was. For a school like Davidson, this isn't a big issue since smaller schools usually end up having their players stay all four years.

not as long as they stay in c-usa.

can people please stop hyping up michigan state?...and doubting memphis.

Memphis should do like the rest of the good Conference USA teams and join the Big East. How about we trade them Cincinnati or Depaul?

not as long as they stay in c-usa.

can people please stop hyping up michigan state?...and doubting memphis.

Memphis should do like the rest of the good Conference USA teams and join the Big East. How about we trade them Cincinnati or Depaul?

Whoa now, don't throw Cincy under the bus. But DePaul should go, they don't have a football team either.

Archived