Sign in to follow this  
Billy B

NCAA Basketball

Committee just announced, per CBS, it's Mount St. Mary's and Coppin State in the playin.

They just said on CBS that the selection committee announced that the play-in game will be Coppin State and Mt. St. Mary's. I'm not sure why they didn't wait until the selection show to announce that.

How do they know already?

The two teams with the lowest RPI's automatically go to the play-in game......

Assuming you don't pit the two HBCUs against each other in doing so.

BTW....just announced Mount St. Mary's and Coppin State for the opening round game.

EDIT...Although a check of a simulated RPI site indicates Mississippi Valley State has a worse RPI than Coppin State. :blink: I guess being 4 games under .500 after winning your tournament trumps a difference in the RPI.

Woo! ACC TOURNEY CHAMPS!

Georgia is up 10 @ half too.

Refresh my memory...which team is playing its 3rd game in approximately 27 hours?

Unfortunately it looks like UGA is ruing out of Gas

UMBC, Coppin State, I guess we should change it to CRABCAKES AND CHAMPIONSHIPS! thats what Maryland does! (with the exception of those disappointing Terps.)

Yea, I really hope that Baltimore becomes a big mid-major basketball area. Morgan St, Loyola, and Towson also had very good years. There is certainly alot of talent in the area. The trouble is getting it to stay here. Hopefully this success will continue. It'd be awesome to bring back the annual Battle of Baltimore tournament.

Unfortunately it looks like UGA is ruing out of Gas

Not so fast, Georgia is in control now.

Sadly, the run for Illinois has come to an end with their third double digit loss to Wisconsin this year.

Georgia wins! Four wins in three days, and that sound you're hearing is a lot of bubbles going pop.

Refresh my memory...which team is playing its 3rd game in approximately 27 hours?

Entering today's game, Georgia had won more games in the SEC Tournament than they had the previous seven weeks.

Georgia, your 2008 SEC tourney champions....yeah, it's safe to say Dennis Felton saved his job. Impressive, surely impressive.

And now we have some more irritated bubble teams,because the Georgia holds on,Congratulations to those guys because i didn't think they had it in them to win 3 in 48 hrs.,also HedleyLamarris correct in the fact that Dennis Felton saved his job for at least another year.

Georgia wins! Four wins in three days, and that sound you're hearing is a lot of bubbles going pop.

Hopefully only Kentucky's

I wonder how Georgia fans are taking it that they now have to play at the home court of their arch rivals.

I bet they're loving it even more, getting to cut down Tech's nets.....

Hopefully only Kentucky's

I hope so Tubby Smith deserved better

Wow. SEC Champs. They'll probably get a 10 seed or so.

Awesome!

1 seeds are UNC (E) Memphis (S) UCLA (W) Kansas (M)

Hmm, a possible UNC-Kansas meeting in the Final Four, a matchup Roy Williams really doesn't want to hear about....

East-Wow Indiana DROPPED! (8)

Butler a 7?! Playing South Alabama.... <_< (mid-major death match as typical) Way to go committee *slow clap*

Midwest-Kent State's a 9? *shrugs*

probably 8 teams for the Big East with Villanova....

7-10 death match for Gonzaga-Davidson....*bollocks*

3 Seed for Wisconsin...guess the committee really didn't like the Big Ten. (Bad news for OSU)