NCAA Basketball

Billy B

Georgetown #2 in Midwest. Surprising, but not everyone can be a #1 seed. And they are playing UMBC, first ever NCAA appearance.

I feel badly about saying that I'd ride Louisville to the Final Four, because they're a #3 seed.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 seeds are UNC (E) Memphis (S) UCLA (W) Kansas (M)

Suicide Watch for willmorris starting now.

Nah...he invested more of his time hacking the committee's seeding computer to pit mid-majors against each other in the 1st Round....and underseeded the really good ones.

South: Oregon a 9? Money changed hands between the Pac 10 and the committee

Temple's a 12....UMass ain't in.

Pitt (4) will not be in the Sweet 16 (again)

Saint Mary's a 10? Wow...

Kentucky an 11?! Illinois State better be in or I call shenanigans....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Call it anyway...I bet Illinois State's bubble just popped with UK getting in.

Also means Connecticut has been shipped out west. Probably a 5 seed, if I were a betting man.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Wow. SEC Champs. They'll probably get a 10 seed or so.

Awesome!

They got a 14. Though I think Illinois State, Dayton, and UMass(but that's bias)should have gotten in.

Villanova, UK, and Ka State should be out. When do we hear the NIT?

Oh, and everyone should go register(free!) at NCAA.com Madness on Demand for a VIP account so you can see all the games online live.

Wow,CBS Sportsline's bracket has gotten uglier and uglier every year. But that is the bracket. I will make my own for everyone that has all the info on it.

West: 9 seed for A&M seems high.

Drake gets a 5 at least....ANNND plays a Midmajor (Western Kentucky)

Arizona gets a 10...

Xavier with the 3 (!) playing 14 seeded Georgia (Can't force the majors to face the hot team... <_< )

And Baylor gets in even though they lose in the 1st round of the Conference tournament.

----------------------------------------------------

OK...open letter to the committee...does the tournament "count" or doesn't it? Because what I see here is a couple of bubble teams getting in with opening round losses (which is to be expected with what happened on Thursday) but this is at the expense of a team or two that did make a run.

In ISU's defense...they GOT to the Conference Tournament Finals...which cannot be said for a Kentucky team that lost in its first tournament game to the LAST PLACE TEAM IN ITS DIVISION!!! They lost to Gardner-Webb....AT HOME!!! All they have is 12-4 in the SEC, which IMO is equaled by ISU's solid second place in the #8 RPI Conference in the country. But hey, Kentucky brings TV ratings, so let them in. As well as Michael Beasley State...

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow. SEC Champs. They'll probably get a 10 seed or so.

Awesome!

They got a 14. Though I think Illinois State, Dayton, and UMass(but that's bias)should have gotten in.

Villanova, UK, and Ka State should be out. When do we hear the NIT?

9 PM tonight. Will agree that Nova didn't deserve in though.

LvZYtbZ.png

So, the Big Five got three teams -- Temple, St. Joe's and Villanova. It's ashame that they'll all be out in the first round.

And I hate to tell you, Pasquale, but the Patriots will get knocked out in the first round.

philly.png

So, the Big Five got three teams -- Temple, St. Joe's and Villanova. It's ashame that they'll all be out in the first round.

And I hate to tell you, Pasquale, but the Patriots will get knocked out in the first round.

That's what they said last time!

(I know, let me enjoy this.)

Illinois State lost its conference title game by 30 points. That couldn't have helped their resume.

To a National 5 seed. An underseeded 5 seed.

Today, we are all otaku.

ASU got screwed royal-style! I hope the UA "Mild"cats enjoy the early X-Mas present the NCAA gift-wrapped for them.

We're taking the NIT!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Annnd Bob Knight is the first guy this year to suggest a 128 team tournament this season. :wacko:

2 Final thoughts....Arizona State probably should have been ahead of Arizona by virtue of the season sweep (and better Conference standings)

I don't like the trend of the last two years of the committee pitting the good mid-major teams against each other in the 1st Round. The only way the midmajors can prove themselves is by playing the big boys, therefore it logically follows that they should have more opportunities to do so.

Today, we are all otaku.

ASU got screwed royal-style! I hope the UA "Mild"cats enjoy the early X-Mas present the NCAA gift-wrapped for them.

We're taking the NIT!

I would take Arizona over ASU in a heartbeat. And if BC makes the NIT, better watch your back. :D

Ummm.....as mentioned previously, Arizona State swept Arizona this season.

Today, we are all otaku.

Annnd Bob Knight is the first guy this year to suggest a 128 team tournament this season. :wacko:

And he's also saying that the automatic bid needs to go away. Knight remains a wacko, and needs to drink a piping hot cup of STFU.

You know, why don't the BCS conferences just break away from NCAA and have their little money party? That's what Knight and Jay Bilas seem to want.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived