*NHA REDESIGN ROUND I VOTING!*

Brass

You can choose if you want to vote for your round, although you don't have too.

As for the other dilemma, it was my bad. I forget to say 100 posts OR 6 months, so you're good to go, burgundyskins.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well brass, I assume you mean I can vote as well.

1. Boise (Arizona: Too many colors)

2. Austin (Seattle: Logo too bulky; unis bland)

3. Portland (very close; Portland logo is far better but Dallas unis are better. I went with Portland)

4. St. Louis (myself; I think San Diego's logo is a bit off and I'm not sold on the tide stripes)

5. Minnesota (good solid unis; I would vote LA however but the logo was stolen)

6. Another very tight one but I just love Honolulu; Denver would beat many other teams however)

7. Kansas City (Montana: very solid effort but KC is too much)

8. Rochester (Detroit has a sick logo but I adore the wings on the Rochester jerseys)

9. Chicago (good work by Boston but the logo is wacky and Chicago's set is beautiful)

10. Toronto (I am unclear on the logo ripping situation here but Toronto wins)

11. Atlanta (Edmonton has another nice logo but the wordmark on the front and the fonts are bad and I'm voting with the classic here; though I'm not sure how long the stripes can hold up)

12. Hartford (myself; one of my own concepts that I actually like; I just don't get the Delaware unis)

13. New York (Pittsburgh: I like the crest but New York is solid in every facet and that eventually wins out)

14. Ottawa (Ottawa is nothing special with the wordmark on front and generic logo but I'm sorry, I just can't fathom SC's pants, logo [especially the "R"], and font)

I tried to give a little C&C as well as a vote. I think the one thing I learned the most from these is just how much can be done with hockey jerseys.

Just so everyone is clear on this, that beaver logo isn't mine. It's from Ballard high school in Seattle(?).

Sorry for the confusion or if anyone feels misled, but I thought I had given the proper credit there like I had with the bulldog logo I got from Butler. Brass, if at all possible I'd like for people who voted for Portland because of the logo to be allowed to change their vote if they wish.

Arizona v. Boise (too many colors Arizona. too many colors)

Austin v. Seattle (watch out for Austin in the next round)

St. Louis v. San Diego

Los Angeles v. Minnesota

Denver v. Honolulu (lovin' the mountain sleeves)

Kansas City v. Montana

Detroit v. Rochester (wasn't feelin' the wings at all...)

Boston v. Chicago

Atlanta v. Edmonton (Atlanta's a bit overboard with the stripes i think)

Delaware v. Hartford

New York v. Pittsburgh

Ottawa v. South Carolina

*quick note* I just don't see the point in voting for yourself if the other person is going to cancel your vote out. Whether or not the owners of Dallas and Buffalo vote for themselves is, of course, up to them. I'm just not voting for myself.

I won't be voting in my match ups but I'll leave my opinions anyway.

1. Boise(Awesome package, love that logo. Arizona is just to funky for my tastes)

2. Austin(Very classy design. Wasn't digging Seattle's green or the logo. Looks like a skewed chess piece)

3. Dallas(Default. Love that Portland logo but since it's borrowed I can't vote for it)

4. San Diego(Not quite sure about the logo, but the overall package blew STL out of the water)

5. Minnesota(Default again. Very Devils-esque, but I do like the logo)

6. ----------(Love Honolulu... no shame in losing to that!)

7. Kansas City(Awesome uniforms, fantastic logos. No contest)

8. ----------(Love Rochester's winged sleeves, but I'm just not feeling the logo.)

9. Boston(Really like the classic look of the logo and uniforms)

10. Buffalo(Unfortunately another default decision. I like the colors but the wolf needs some work)

11. Edmonton(Very close, but I can't deny that gorgeous Lynx logo)

12. Delaware(Wasn't particularly fond of either here. If the Moose featured a full moose head it may have got my vote)

13. New York(Again, classic hockey look. Very tough-guy looking. Even though it's in the city's crest, that blue checkerboard did in Pittsburgh)

14. Ottawa(Not too keen on Ottawa, but I couldn't find anything I liked about S.C.)

Arizona over Boise

Austin over Seattle

Dallas over Portland

San Diego over St. Louis

Minnesota over LA

Abstain, but if i have to lose, this is the way to do it.

Kansas City over Montana...KC is my favorite overall, i think.

Detroit over the ROC

Boston over Chicago, love the color combo for the Blades.

Toronto over Buffalo ripped logos should be DQed, and until it is confirmed that this is ripped by a DQ, they are the winners IMO.

Abstain, dang, how did i get such good opponents?

Hartford over Delaware, but this wasn't an easy decision to make. The alternate logo and jersey subtract from the otherwise solid Moose identity IMO.

Pittsburgh over NY, but this was closer than I thought any Pittsburgh matchup would be.

Ottawa over SC fairly easily, no offense to anybody.

nice job all, and good luck.

Just for reference to the sources of logos:

Los Angeles Stampede:

idaho_stampede.jpg

(Recolored, basketball removed, city name changed)

2632.gif

(Shoulder patch, SMU)

Toronto Bulldogs:

6824.gif

(blue circle, text, and two cheek lines removed)

VmWIn6B.png

Sorry about not being clear, for my Rough Riders concept I did use the logo of the Brisbane Broncos as my primary. As for the ducks, that logo was all me.

Anyways on to my votes.

Boise

Seattle

Portland

San Diego

Los Angeles

Honolulu

Kansas City

Detroit

Chicago

Buffalo

Atlanta

Delaware

New York

South Carolina

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Damn, this is like a stolen logo-fest.

Friggin right it is...Thank god I didn't steal anything. Really though are people that lame that they cant even make their own logos. In the orginal contest post right in the rules it says dont cheat. If your going to spend time on something, at least make it your own!

- This contest is for FUN, so please don't cheat and please be civil! :)

I vote that people should be emliminated if they did not create an orginal logo because under the rules it clearly says no cheating and not creating and orginal logo is also clearly cheating.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Damn, this is like a stolen logo-fest.

Friggin right it is...Thank god I didn't steal anything. Really though are people that lame that they cant even make their own logos. In the orginal contest post right in the rules it says dont cheat. If your going to spend time on something, at least make it your own!

- This contest is for FUN, so please don't cheat and please be civil! :)

I vote that people should be emliminated if they did not create an orginal logo because under the rules it clearly says no cheating and not creating and orginal logo is also clearly cheating.

It never says in the rules that you have to create an original logo, though. I didn't enter, mainly because I couldn't create an original logo that looked decent, but if it never said they had to make their own logo you can't DQ for that. Not that I have any say in this matter anyway, that's brass's call.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm with Billy B on this one, it's mainly a jersey contest not a logo contest...

At least they modified them a bit, and it's not like they copied jerseys which is way more evident and cheap, I say they stay in!

I agree with you in it being a jersey contest...or at least it should be.

But for instance some people like the logo better on one even if they have weaker jerseys and therefore they are voting for it.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I don't think those who didn't make original logos should be DQ'ed. Let the votes decide. Personally, even though I may like the look of the uniforms and overall package for an unoriginal design better than it's opponent, I applaud those who came up with something of their own and went that extra step, so they got my vote. That's my take.

- You have one week to design the package.

Technically brass didn't say that you had to design a logo, but he did say "You have one week to design the package." To me, a package is the entire set. Primary, secondary (if there are any) logos, wordmarks (if there are any), and uniforms. I guess to each person, the term "package" may not have the same meaning, so I don't know if there is a way to address that issue of someone not having an original or completely original logo.

I'm not saying that those who stole any logos should be disqualified, but I think that it is something that should be looked at; however, it would be an issue that could ruin the whole tournament, so perhaps not punishing someone would be best. Some people will not vote for a team in this contest because they stole or borrowed someone else's logo. I don't have a problem with people who will not vote for a concept that does not have an original logo, but I do have a problem with some teams getting essentially a free pass into the second round because their opponent was not completely original. I guess there is no way to around this issue, but it is just my two cents, and I wanted to throw that out there.

Archived