Black and White

oldschoolvikings

The San Jose Giants official home jersey is white with a black interlocking SJ on the right chest and black piping. Simple, clean black & white (with no other colors). Beautiful in its simplicity.

Though it's not major league, it's a great example of what the originator of this thread might have been getting at. Also makes one wonder why we haven't seen more of this...

according to the always helpful ssur.org-

The NFL's old Kansas City Cowboys

Detroit Tigers in 1904

NY Highlanders in 1908

Philadelphia Athletics from 1924-1927

Philadelphia Phillies from 1903-1909

Washington Senators in 1901

there are more i'm sure but thats all i could find for now.

edit:

almost forgot the real reason i decided to find some other teams for this list. not a pro team, but the St. Dominic Regional H.S. Saints wear only black and white in all sports (not sure about away baseball jerseys). They are a high school up here in Auburn, ME, and its nice to see a school that isn't afraid to stick to their history, no matter how "boring"/"old" a black and white scheme may be. Best picture i could find, girls basketball.

252960-54158f.jpg

Fulham have always had some red trim, as long as I can remember anyway.

Newcastle blue trim and Juventus red trim are new and hopefully temporary.

Partizan (Belgrade) have the baddest black/white strip. Almost all black with just a little white though in the past it truly half black/half white stripes.

I think PAOK in Greece wear black/white too.

LIU wear black/white and Providence College do (or did?) as well.

South Carolina baseball (every now and then.)

App State's baseball team also does:

pKGEFuJ.gif

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• 4 years later...

Digging up this old thread to post what one of the guys at the Panthers d-board found. These were worn from 1991-1994... a full two decades before the Heat alts and Brooklyn Nets. (FUC YOU JAY-Z!!! :P)

533843_298948186873836_205857535_n.jpg

• 5 months later...

Archived