Bring Back The Green!

Korbyn

If a poorly made, unofficial, online petition that pre-fills fan's comments with grammatical errors doesn't get a professional sports franchise to change their whole marketing and branding strategy, nothing will.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You do realize that the Stars White jersey has an abundant amount of green on there. Also they won the only cup with their black jerseys, it was only during the playoffs (much like Toronto) when they wore their alternate jersey.

For all the road games they wore their alternate. they retired the black jersey after/during the st. louis series. The cup clincher was in the green/black alternates. so they did win a cup in a jersey with a substantial amount of green.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You do realize that the Stars White jersey has an abundant amount of green on there. Also they won the only cup with their black jerseys, it was only during the playoffs (much like Toronto) when they wore their alternate jersey.

For all the road games they wore their alternate. they retired the black jersey after/during the st. louis series. The cup clincher was in the green/black alternates. so they did win a cup in a jersey with a substantial amount of green.

actually they retired the black jersey before the playoffs even started.

if you look back at all the highlights, we wore green for every road game in the 99 playoffs. even in edmonton.

Is there another online petition to get rid of the little pointless numbers on the fronts of NHL jerseys? I'll sign that one--those damn things are popping up like weeds!

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

Is there another online petition to get rid of the little pointless numbers on the fronts of NHL jerseys? I'll sign that one--those damn things are popping up like weeds!

5 teams have it - Sabres, Sharks, Islanders, Stars, Lightning.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

if you look back at all the highlights, we wore green for every road game in the 99 playoffs. even in edmonton.

Maybe we should do the same thing this year ^_^

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

What if we don't want them to? What if we like the black jerseys? Where's our petition?

You already have what you want then

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln

Korbyn, next time you feel like saying something, think of this quote.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

They were the best looking NHL team on St. Patrick's Day - :huh:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

i know they wore the alternate for all the road games, it seems like i remember seeing Ralph Strangis say during the intermission of one of the stars/blues games that they were officially retiring it that night. Think i remember him putting it on too during that same intermission report. Maybe i was dreaming. which was probably the case.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

What if we don't want them to? What if we like the black jerseys? Where's our petition?

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

-Abraham Lincoln

Very nice use of a quote from 150 years ago. And it's true. I agree. Korbyn is only embarrassing himself.

-Abraham Lincoln

Very nice use of a quote from 150 years ago. And it's true. I agree. Korbyn is only embarrassing himself.

If you hated your teams jersey would you just sit back and let it happen or would you at least try to change it?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

-Abraham Lincoln

If you hated your teams jersey would you just sit back and let it happen or would you at least try to change it?

You need to stop talking about the Stars having a crappy home jersey like it's the genocide in Darfur. It's not causing anyone any physical harm, it's not going to effect the world in a major detrimental way, and it's not the Buffaslug. So just chill.

Also, something tells me that a professional sports franchise wouldn't change their entire marketing scheme due to a poorly-worded petition put forth by some 15 year old.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived