Wolves logo

chestnutz

So, been bored, decided to finally (after about a year of throwing around ideas) make a logo for my high school. We're the HAC Wolves, and we don't really have a logo. H-A-C is a combination of two schools that are basically right next to each other in Rochester NY, and since the two private schools are so small (about 110 or so kids in each high school, 9-12) we combine for sports, dances, etc. so it's basically one school. The H school's colors are green and white, while AC is navy and white, so together the Wolves are green and navy (think Timberwolves).

Like I said, we've never really had a logo. What our ADs seem to do is just have a bunch of different Wolf logos, that are very clip-arty and that, but there is no UNIVERSAL logo for the teams. We don't have a football team, and I think the only sport that actually has a wolf logo on it is the baseball hats, so the only other time we have a Wolf logo on something is for team hoodies, shirts, etc. that are given out to the team members.

So, anyways, time for a real logo. I probably won't show this to my AD, but with your help, I could make this really good and maybe propose it to him.

Right now, I need some help on where to put accents, hair scruffs, etc. I know the mouth area needs some work, and I've been working on the eye to make it perfect for quite some time, and any help there would be appreciated. I also need to try and find a balance between the navy and green, as right now the logo is predominantly navy. Help please! I want to make this logo very good, professional, all that. Oh, and it's supposed to be howling.

HACWolves1.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Yeah, that's where I need help. I know it kinda looks like he's climaxing, but that's what wolves do when they howl. I didn't even mean for it to use the Coyotes logo at all, the only thing I used for inspiration was a picture I found on google, so I guess I should alter it a little to avoid confusion. I need your help with the definition and accents, where to put them, etc.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Could you use the Timberwolves old identity from the early 90s. The one they don't use anymore. I seen a lot of schools that use real logos -- albeit logos that are not in use temporarily.

I can see you are going to be a great asset to our community.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ok, went in a whole different direction, ditched the climax look. Still not there I don't think, but I think it's on the right path. C&C as always

HACWolves1-1.png

Aaachooo

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I am guessing you are designing this directly on the computer and not sketching anything. This screams someone using a pen tool in Illustrator with no idea where to go with it.

Get a pencil and huge pad of paper and DRAW. And when you think it is good enough... draw some more.

THEN sit down in front of your computer.

Ok....what kind of C&C is achooo?
Ok....what kind of C&C is achooo?

It looks like the wolf is sneezing

A a pupil to the eye, lose the weird thing on his nose and replace with some sort of whiskers possibly. And if you want to use the invisible space between the mouth for teeth, you the white body instead of the green empty space.
I think you need to decide between doing a profile view or a 3/4 view. Right now the neck looks 3/4 but the face is profile.
I am guessing you are designing this directly on the computer and not sketching anything. This screams someone using a pen tool in Illustrator with no idea where to go with it.

Get a pencil and huge pad of paper and DRAW. And when you think it is good enough... draw some more.

THEN sit down in front of your computer.

I agree with all of these 100%

Picture21.png

Yeah, right now with all the white, it doesn't have enough definition. There should be that slate color around the top of the head and around the back, not on the chest, which is usually white on a wolf. Look at the old t'wolves logo from the 90s as an example of wear the dark an light should go.

Archived