Anyone bought from jersey101.com?

paynomind

Looks like a decent site, but I wonder how good their jerseys are.

www.jersey101.com

Just checking to see if anyone has any experience with them.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'd say stay away, based just on how they customize NHL jerseys. Putrid.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree, stay away. All the NHL ones are fakes, the fonts are off and those are the teams that show up on ebay as fake jerseys the most. Even in the pictures, the jerseys don't look quite right, not to mention the generic font on them.

SEAsig.png

the NHL ones are EMBARRASSING. these are all over e-bay, and I see the Oilers ones (not on the site but made by the same people that make these jokes) all the time at games which actually makes my blood pressure rise slightly.

DO NOT TOUCH THESE.

the NHL ones are EMBARRASSING. these are all over e-bay, and I see the Oilers ones (not on the site but made by the same people that make these jokes) all the time at games which actually makes my blood pressure rise slightly.

DO NOT TOUCH THESE.

I see those Crosby fakes all over Pittsburgh and they are awful. At least the Winter Classic fakes require a little bit of knowledge to recognize them as fake; these just have the completely wrong numbers and letters to begin with.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I see those Crosby fakes all over Pittsburgh and they are awful. At least the Winter Classic fakes require a little bit of knowledge to recognize them as fake; these just have the completely wrong numbers and letters to begin with.

There are so many Crosby and Malkin fakes on ebay it is ridiculous. And I guarantee they fool almost anyone info thinking they are authentics.

Some of them are as simple as adding a fight strap and a tag that says 52 instead of XL, others go as far as SOMEHOW making Premier models of the Winter Classic jersey, which the NHL did not make and instead went with the 550's. They have the fight straps, NHL logo on the collar, and numbered sizes and look pretty good besides the obvious lack of the oval hemline - until you notice the cheap vector logo on the back and then the presence of a vector logo on the wrist.

Some of them are as simple as adding a fight strap and a tag that says 52 instead of XL, others go as far as SOMEHOW making Premier models of the Winter Classic jersey, which the NHL did not make and instead went with the 550's. They have the fight straps, NHL logo on the collar, and numbered sizes and look pretty good besides the obvious lack of the oval hemline - until you notice the cheap vector logo on the back and then the presence of a vector logo on the wrist.

Another giveaway about those Winter Classic jerseys is the fake ones have a gold Penguins logo; the real ones had a yellow Penguin logo.

I'm actually kind of surprised the NHL didn't bother selling authentics for that game; I guess it's for the best though seeing as how the numbered replicas sold for $200; god knows what they would have wanted for authentics.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I thought they did? That would explain why I can't find one, because I have been looking.

It also bugs me how they just pushed the old Sabres vintage one instead of the actual jersey they wore in the game. That's a different conversation though...

The NFL jerseys as a whole arent too shabby. Some small technical differences, but not too bad.

The way they have you purchase is odd, too. You put stuff in yoru cart, pick a quantity, choose paypal or western union, then it submits. You wait on an email to verify your order, where they ask what size you want. Then, they verify the order is in stock, and give you the payment amount with shipping, and the email address to paypal to.

Very strange.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

You can't beat their prices, but I would caution against the MLB jerseys as well. Some look fine, as far as I can tell from the pictures, but some are just way off. Like this beauty:

200768163114395.jpg

Some with unique fonts are close, but not quite:

200763017342460.jpg

I couldn't find a good home jersey, but the road has the same font, and it should look like this:

pMLB2-2174223dt.jpg

So the moral of the story is, if you want a great price but don't care about accuracy, take a chance. But if accuracy is important, be sure to compare the pictures as closely as you can and make sure you know what you are getting.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived