Sign in to follow this  
realmo

New Tacoma Rainiers alt logos

I want to like these, but with a name like Rainiers, they need to work the landmark they are named for in the logo. Their regular logo is a bore to me.

This logo makes no sense to me -- the Rainiers aren't a Nationals farm team.

Is this a Texas Rangers alternate, this will confuse a lot of people.

Edited by altosax29b

That is stunningly cold and lifeless.

Their iconic "R" (from the equally iconic Rainier Beer) can not and should not be displaced from their identity.

That is stunningly cold and lifeless.

As succinct - and accurate - a critique of this logo as one could hope to make. This mark constitutes a real failure.

I dont like it.

Their colors are primarily teal and blue correct? With a hint of red.

Blue and Red and Silver.. I dont like.

With the T, the R, and the compass, things get a little muddled. the negative space is a mess, and it looks to employ cheap sports design elements. it look like a first or second draft that was put aside, forgotten about and whipped out for another unrelated project. P.U.!

maybe it's just the resolution of the image, but the pixelation of the points on the stars really clashes w/ the smoothness of the letters

To me, the Rainiers have such a history in the region, that anything that looks new and modern is simply wrong. The old Rainiers stuff from the 40s and 50s is much better than anything we've seen from them in recent years.

Just to reiterate - this new logo is strictly an alt. cap logo - not a replacement for the usual Rainiers' set.

Yeah I really don't like these. They don't fit with what I think of in Tacoma Rainers, I mean those colors I think are horrible.

Beauty

eff-sea-61h.gif

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! That is definetely what Tacoma should be wearing.

Yeah I really don't like these. They don't fit with what I think of in Tacoma Rainers, I mean those colors I think are horrible.

Same colors they've been using since 1995 or so...just accented the Red more, and took out the Green/Teal.

No sir, I don't like it.

It appears they are trying to integrate the 'compass rose' aspect of theie parent club, the Mariners. But if they are, it's terribly incomplete, and it just looks so... forced.

No sir, I don't like it.

It appears they are trying to integrate the 'compass rose' aspect of theie parent club, the Mariners. But if they are, it's terribly incomplete, and it just looks so... forced.

I think that forced is the best way to put. It is just a T,R, and compass mashed together. I like the idea of having a logo that relates to the parent club's identity, but this is just bad.