New Yankee Stadium Logo

MikeJones

Is it going to be called Yankee Stadium again?

What else would it be called? Steinbrenner would be a f***ing idiot to call it something else. AND this is coming from a Red Sox fan!

Actually Steinbrenner would be a BILLIONAIRE to call it something else - a corporate sponsor could be perceived to bring as much as $1 Billion (yep, that's a "B") into the Yankees coffers over 30-40 years as a naming rights partner for the new stadium. To his credit, this was not done. Don't be terribly shocked though if once George is dead, Hal sells the rights.

nav-logo.png

What else would it be called? Steinbrenner would be a f***ing idiot to call it something else. AND this is coming from a Red Sox fan!

Actually Steinbrenner would be a BILLIONAIRE to call it something else - a corporate sponsor could be perceived to bring as much as $1 Billion (yep, that's a "B") into the Yankees coffers over 30-40 years as a naming rights partner for the new stadium. To his credit, this was not done. Don't be terribly shocked though if once George is dead, Hal sells the rights.

Perhaps, Hal can sell the rights to THIS company?

I saw, I came, I left.

What else? The only thing more of a travesty of actually replacing Yankee Stadium would be naming it something else.

I agree that tearing it down in general is a travesty.

I still can't believe they are doing it.

I mean of all the historic stadiums, they could have just updated it and rennovated it. How can they knock down a stadium with so much history and lore behind it.

It should desiganted as a National Historic Landmark. A lot of history has taken place in that stadium.

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

It should desiganted as a National Historic Landmark. A lot of history has taken place in that stadium.

They tried that, but apparently the changes that were made to the stadium during renovation made it so different than it was originally that it couldn't qualify as a historic landmark.

They tried that, but apparently the changes that were made to the stadium during renovation made it so different than it was originally that it couldn't qualify as a historic landmark.

And yet this building, only 37 years old, just got historic landmark status here in Washington, even though the owners, the neighbors, and the city want to tear it down:

PH2007103102993.jpg

The more I think of it, the more I like the idea to have called the new park Yankee (Park/Field/Grounds). Alas.

But as to the logo itself, I'd like to hear some of those who've praised it explain specifically what characteristics of this logo makes it so terrific.

When I look at this logo, all I can see is a corporate seal of the type you might emboss on your company's regulatory filing after you have a paralegal in your corporate counsel's office notarize it. The stadium image appears thrown onto the logo without definition or the slightest attempt at designed integration. The type is proportionally so small that it might as well not be there. That's not the name of the stadium; that's the fine print at the bottom of a contract. Overall, this logo is not an example of design, it's an example of juxtaposition.

But every time the Yankees put out a logo that looks like mediocre, bland corporate clip-art to me, everyone else in the world seems to think it's the best logo ever. Which is why I'm wondering what specific aspects of the design of this logo are praiseworthy -- apparently I'm just missing something.

And one assumes also that these logos will also earn the same high praise here:

little-white-house-Seal.jpg

whitehouse.jpg

20082614447.png

Well, they were going to call it Fenway Park, but that was taken.

Seriously, the logo say 'Yankee Stadium,' the website says the stadium will be called 'Yankee Stadium,' and everyone else seems to know it's going to be called 'Yankee Stadium,' so why can't you seem to figure it out?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The history of Yankee stadium was already lost with the last renovation. Babe Ruths locker is in Cooperstown, the Monuments will move to the new stadium. Theres not much to save besides the real estate it sits on, wihich should be a park/ball field.

What else? The only thing more of a travesty of actually replacing Yankee Stadium would be naming it something else.

I agree that tearing it down in general is a travesty.

I still can't believe they are doing it.

I mean of all the historic stadiums, they could have just updated it and rennovated it. How can they knock down a stadium with so much history and lore behind it.

They already tore it down! There is nothing historic about the stadium now, besides maybe the field and Monument Park. It was torn now and rebuilt back up in the 1970's. Look at it from the outside, does it look historical? No. The land it is on shouldn't be used for buildings, but knock it down and keep the field. The history left in the 70s.

It should not be a Landmark. Period. They changed it took much in the 1970s.

You lose.

postoftheday.png

I can't believe it took this long to find this sort of a banner.

ILuvIt.png

Young Jeezy approves.

But to get back on topic...the logo looks real sharp. Though honestly, I would've went with a modified version of the logo Gothamite brought up. That's a real good looking logo as well.

It looks cold, business like, and something that you'd see on the back of a coin.

Yankees.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived