Anyone interested in designing a logo?

infrared41

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, or even if I should, so I'll try general design. And I hope I am not breaking some taboo rule here by offering a business opportunity. That said, I am in the process of rebranding the TV station I manage. I need a logo. After looking at bad ideas and poor work from local designers for the last 6 months, it finally occurred to me today that I have had access to some truly great talent right under my nose since day one. Why this never occurred to me until today is beyond me. I was in the History Channel tread when it hit me.

Is anyone is interested in designing a logo for my station? If so, post here or PM me and we can go over what you need from me etc. After seeing the old thread about BuffaloHockey guy I think I better make sure I point out that this is a legitimate job. I'll provide links to the station etc. We pay through purchase orders so if you're not comfortable with billing us please don't apply. We'll discuss a budget, I'll appropriate the money, send you a copy of the purchase order, and we'll go from there. You will not be asked to do any work until the money is set. All I ask is that I see some samples of your work.

I'm not sure how to go about this with you guys so any help would or suggestions would be appreciated. Again my apologies if I have stepped over any lines or anything. My place on the board has always been that of a fan of uniforms etc. I know nothing about the world of design. Should I ask everyone to submit generic samples and choose one? I hate to ask people to do work they may not get paid for but I also want to give everyone an equal shot at this.

EDIT: I should add that this is a wide open concept. There are no colors, history, old logos, etc. that have to be adhered to. We just want a great logo. I'll work the rest of tee station branding from there.

Thanks.

Infrared

BB52Big.jpg

Why not. I'm free in the evenings. andrewharrington.gdco@gmail.com and I'll reply to your brief with a portfolio.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If you're willing to give a hobbyist a chance to test himself, then I'd like to try.

b_austinovic [at] arrowood [dot] net

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

First off, thanks to everyone who has responded. I guess we have all the interested parties we are going to get so let's proceed.

I am going to email all of you. Let me know what kind of budget you're looking for, any questions you may have, etc. As I said before, I am not entirely sure how to go about this since we are doing the whole thing over the web. For the pros involved who know how this works, if there is anything I am leaving out or doing incorrectly please let me know. I will include a link to the station website in the email.

Speaking of the station website, it isn't very good so if any of you are good at web design or know someone who is let me know. There may be a chance to redesign the website as well if anyone is interested. I'll tackle that once the logo is established.

Thanks again.

BB52Big.jpg

Speaking of the station website, it isn't very good so if any of you are good at web design or know someone who is let me know. There may be a chance to redesign the website as well if anyone is interested. I'll tackle that once the logo is established.

'Red,

Take a look at my organization's site (www.capitalareateamsports.com). It was done by a CCSLC member (Yzerfan), and if you like the look - give him a holler.

nav-logo.png

The only thing I would say is that some designers might feel like their time is being wasted if you hold this in a contest format where everybody submits ideas and then you pick a winner at the end. Not many 'real' graphic design jobs are done that way; thus, a better and probably more respectful way of going about this would be to look over everyone's material, price quotes and other variables, then pick one person from the onset and work with that person. That's really the assumption I was under, and it certainly is more reflective of how business is done in the industry. Ultimately, you will avoid wasting designers' time by having everyone submit work, and honestly, if you expect multiple designers' to submit ideas with no guarantee for the commissioned work, you really should be paying everyone for their time spent, especially if there are multiple rounds of revisions and what have you. Just something to think about.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived