Another stupid NCAA Move

BRice16

It appears that the NCAA is requiring all of the team in the Tournament to sport a truly stupid looking circle blue NCAA patch on their jerseys for Tournament games.

I thought they've done that for a while, haven't they?

Why is it stupid? Every other sports league does it for the playoffs/championships. Not sure what the big deal is.

They've always done it for the teams in the final four, but this is for all 64 teams. I've never had a problem with it at the FF, it's a nice touch there. It might even be something else if the patch at least said "NCAA Tournament" or whatever, but it's just a generic NCAA logo that looks incredibly out of place.

I agree. It looks really bad. Plus the patches seem to be really thick (or have a thick border) and on many of the jerseys they were applied crooked and some even look to be coming off. Just like having to have the huge NCAA logo at midcourt at all the venues. We know it's the NCAA tournament. No need to remind us in every way possible.

I wonder where the Heels will wear theirs since they have a flag on one side and an "EVE" patch to honor their late student body president on the other.

Probably above the flag, that's what Temple did and they didn't have anything on the other side.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They should at least make the logo look good, like this:

ncaa.jpg

And that way you could have personalization of team colors.

Great idea, then they can put the NCAA baseball logo on the other side. :wacko:

They should at least make the logo look good, like this:

ncaa.jpg

And that way you could have personalization of team colors.

Great idea, then they can put the NCAA baseball logo on the other side. :wacko:

I think he meant coming up with a logo LIKE that, not to use the actual NCAA football logo.

It might even be something else if the patch at least said "NCAA Tournament" or whatever, but it's just a generic NCAA logo that looks incredibly out of place.

I tend to agree.

2d04cc4af09de699ebbf1d4vq9.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

It might even be something else if the patch at least said "NCAA Tournament" or whatever, but it's just a generic NCAA logo that looks incredibly out of place.

I tend to agree.

2d04cc4af09de699ebbf1d4vq9.jpg

While that pic is up, that was a dman good game, even though USC lost by 13.

remember the 1993 stanley cup playoffs with every team participating in the playoffs wore a patch with a generic person hoisting the cup? and by time the cup finals started the nhl switched to the original stanley cup patch.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

remember the 1993 stanley cup playoffs with every team participating in the playoffs wore a patch with a generic person hoisting the cup? and by time the cup finals started the nhl switched to the original stanley cup patch.

Every team in the league wore that patch all year, it was celebrating the 100th anniversary of the cup itself.

And count me in the minority of people who like this move. I always like league-wide uniforming patches, and along with the half court logos I think it makes the tournament seem more official. Certainly better than seeing every obscure school logo at half court. To me it just kinda says "this is it, you made the tournament, the :censored:'s real now"

If you look at the scorers table you can see the NCAA Basketball logo. IF they placed these on the shirts instead they would look much better. OF course they would need to box the logo as the outer box has been removed on the table.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And count me in the minority of people who like this move. I always like league-wide uniforming patches, and along with the half court logos I think it makes the tournament seem more official. Certainly better than seeing every obscure school logo at half court. To me it just kinda says "this is it, you made the tournament, the :censored:'s real now"

The school logos and wacky courts are the best part. That Tyus Edney clip is made infinitely more awesome by the Boise State floor.

What I do appreciate is the NCAA covering up all the advertising, even if it is only to limit the advertising to their own (Dasani Pontiac etc.)

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived