Another stupid NCAA Move

BRice16

It did look like they tried to make the center area look like the regionals without getting a new floor. It looked tacky in some places with the covering up, where it looked like a different color paint was used than the floor. A couple of times today, they did mention some slippage in those areas (one of the afternoon games in Tampa and the NC/Mount game in Raleigh). At least Tampa had their normal court than bringing in the South Florida floor, like what they did last time.

For me, it depends on how big the regular logo is to having the NCAA logo in the middle. If the logo fits in the circle or have no logo at all, they should put it there. I don't want it looking like Raleigh & Birmingham, looking way too big. How are they going to do it when they come to Austin (Texas) or Chicago (Allstate Arena/DePaul)?

It did look like they tried to make the center area look like the regionals without getting a new floor. It looked tacky in some places with the covering up, where it looked like a different color paint was used than the floor. A couple of times today, they did mention some slippage in those areas (one of the afternoon games in Tampa and the NC/Mount game in Raleigh). At least Tampa had their normal court than bringing in the South Florida floor, like what they did last time.

For me, it depends on how big the regular logo is to having the NCAA logo in the middle. If the logo fits in the circle or have no logo at all, they should put it there. I don't want it looking like Raleigh & Birmingham, looking way too big. How are they going to do it when they come to Austin (Texas) or Chicago (Allstate Arena/DePaul)?

I agree with your view of the size of the center court NCAA logo. I think it should be done in a sense so that, if a game is being played on the home court, such as NC State's home floor at the RBC Center, then the NCAA should leave the floor as is. However, in instances such as Tampa, where USF does not use the St. Pete Times Forum as the normal home floor, then yes, cover up the center court with the NCAA logo.

And yes, the size is huge, NCSU has a moderately sized center court logo, but with the NCAA decal it makes it look like they are covering up a huge logo.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

Maybe after watching players slip and slide all over the NCAA decals that took up about a third of the court, the NCAA will decide to scale them down in the interest of the players' safety. For them to do anything less would be way too cavalier.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It appears that the NCAA is requiring all of the team in the Tournament to sport a truly stupid looking circle blue NCAA patch on their jerseys for Tournament games.

It doenst look that bad, but what does it mean?? Whats the point?

I'm surprised that the NCAA doesn't sell the naming rights to the tournament to some corporation and put that advertising in the patch. I can see it now... The "Burger King NCAA Basketball Tournament" or some such garbage as that.

That's what we have College Football for and all the Corporate Sponsored Bowl Games for. :wacko:

I'm surprised that the NCAA doesn't sell the naming rights to the tournament to some corporation and put that advertising in the patch. I can see it now... The "Burger King NCAA Basketball Tournament" or some such garbage as that.

That's what we have College Football for and all the Corporate Sponsored Bowl Games for. :wacko:

The NCAA does not officially sponsor the BCS system and that level of football, therefore they don't do it. As for their other championships, there are plenly of corporate dollars, (State Farm, Pontiac, Enterprise, Coca-Cola as primaries) and others as other sponsors like Papa Johns and DiGiornio for pizza, that the NCAA is OK financially. It has been in teh past 5-6 years that corporately sponsored facilities have had their names on the floor.

The blue circle is branding so when and if you at the FA Cup you will see the FA have their own deals/signage for their games on the sidelines as opposed to other Premier League games or UEFA games in said stadiums. Get over it.

Are those blue-circle NCAA patches sewn on or just stuck on with some kind of adhesive?

I'm asking because a few years ago, I was at a Division III NCAA tournament game, and the referees had "NCAA Championship" patches on the front of their shirts ... just little ones, about 1-inch high by 3-inches wide. I thought it was a nice touch, until I saw a ref get jostled in a play, and the patch got knocked off! Nobody noticed, it just kind of landed on the floor and got stepped on and kicked around until it ended up on the sidelines, where I grabbed it. It just had stick'um on the back! (It's now on my souvenir display board, with buttons and pins and such.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived