New NFL logos this year?

Island_Style

whatever happened to that logo somebody mentioned the 49ers had up their sleeves, I remember hearing about it on the Texans battle red uni thread and their lame secondary logo that came with that.

Yeah...it exists, but I'm not sure what's going on with it. It's never been officially unveiled as far as I can tell. Maybe sometime this offseason? I don't know.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whatever happened to that logo somebody mentioned the 49ers had up their sleeves, I remember hearing about it on the Texans battle red uni thread and their lame secondary logo that came with that.

Yeah...it exists, but I'm not sure what's going on with it. It's never been officially unveiled as far as I can tell. Maybe sometime this offseason? I don't know.

I know everyone asks, and you cant really dish any information....but can you give an answer to this question: In your judgement, is this secondary logo anything to get excited about?

If a team do changed uniform like the SAINTS it's probably going to be unveiled either on draft day or when ESPN showed the teams new uniforms on COLD PIZZA like they did with the VIKINGS in 2006 or on this websites when they leaked the CARDINALS in 2005.

MONICA SANTA MARIA (DEC 6 1972- MAR 15 1994)

KRISSY TAYLOR (MAY 15 1978- JUL 3 1995)

YOU WILL BE MISS.

There was an article posted here, a couple of months ago, from a California newspaper that the 49ers were changing their looks for the 2009 season. So I assume any new logos would be held off until then.

As a lifelong Bills fan (yes, I am a masochist, hence my online name) I am torn. I have no real connection to Buffalo, never lived there, I just started rooting for the Bills as a kid on Long Island who was pissed off at the ungodly annoying Jets & Giants fans (Buttafuoco-mania types), but it is clearly a team identity that cannot travel. LA Bills, or Toronto Bills makes no sense. If they are going to move, I certainly prefer Toronto to LA, at least Bills fans from the region could make some games in Toronto. And in Toronto you could have the Toronto Buffaloes or Bison and keep most of the identity alive.

Ideally Buffalo would somehow become a hub for some new technology and suddenly become a hot locale for new tech and new Fortune 500 companies, boosting the economy and population, but that just isn't going to happen, so if the city is shrinking and the team needs to move, I guess Toronto is a decent option.

I honestly would be pretty happy if when the Bills moved, they basically merged with the Argonauts. I know it would be a weird transition, but it keeps one tradition alive, and the Argos have a cool identity, so I could root for that.

I'm not saying that I disagree with you, Gothamite, but I do think you're a bit off-base.

1) Of course the NFL will deny that Buffalo is going to permanently relocate, but this isn't the same as Pittsburgh at all. The Bills are going to be sold to the highest bidder after Ralph Wilson dies and a move to Toronto may be in the cards no matter what the league says. However, we're still several years away from that happening (presumably... no one knows when Wilson will die), so of course the league will say that the Bills are staying in Buffalo.

2) Again, not saying it would or should happen, but the Bills might want to adopt the identity of the Argos because they are the oldest professional football team in North America and it could be a way to prevent alienating all the current Argos fans (there are more than you think) who would almost undoubtedly lose their team if/when the Bills move to Toronto.

I heard that the Cowboys were thinking of going with a uni tweak for the opening of the new stadium. Just a rumor though

Those things need more than a "tweak".

Navy and silver could look so good, if they, you know, used navy and silver and actually knew how to match colors.

If the Browns could move....

That's all I'll say. I know it's been quite some time now since the Browns moved. I just have a feeling that it's all about money, so anything is possible. As we know... the NFL is all about making money.

It's just one game, but it's a step toward moving to Toronto. I don't recall an NFL team EVER sharing home dates with another city by choice. I don't mean Green Bay/Milwaukee.

==========

Back on topic:

I really like the Saints look, I hope they don't change. If anything (as stated NUMEROUS times before) let's just coordinate all of the various golds.

I would love to see a revamped pistol firing "Forty Niner" logo as a secondary. It just seems that in todays day and age... or "Marketing Concious" NFL we won't see any guns in a logo.

2) Again, not saying it would or should happen, but the Bills might want to adopt the identity of the Argos because they are the oldest professional football team in North America and it could be a way to prevent alienating all the current Argos fans (there are more than you think) who would almost undoubtedly lose their team if/when the Bills move to Toronto.

I just don't see that. If for no other reason than they'd have to buy it off the Argos, which I just don't see.

Why would the Argos agree to this?

Back on topic:

I really like the Saints look, I hope they don't change. If anything (as stated NUMEROUS times before) let's just coordinate all of the various golds.

I would love to see a revamped pistol firing "Forty Niner" logo as a secondary. It just seems that in todays day and age... or "Marketing Concious" NFL we won't see any guns in a logo.

A 49er would be more of a miner digging for gold, not necessarily a gun-toting cowboy-type. At least, that would be a more accurate depiction, IMO, anyway.

I just don't see that. If for no other reason than they'd have to buy it off the Argos, which I just don't see.

Why would the Argos agree to this?

I'll stress again that I don't think this will happen, but the Argos' owners might agree because:

1) The Bills being in Toronto would probably kill their team anyhow (and possibly the entire CFL), so they may as well get some money for the identity. Maybe they could even negotiate a minority stake in the new Toronto Argonauts (formerly the Bills).

or

2) They might just be really passionate about the Argos' name and history and not want to see it die off.

It would be pretty interesting to see the Argos "join" the NFL (albeit with a roster full of Bills players). It wouldn't feel the same as an expansion or relocation. It would almost be more like a European soccer team being promoted to the top league in their nation.

It's just one game, but it's a step toward moving to Toronto. I don't recall an NFL team EVER sharing home dates with another city by choice. I don't mean Green Bay/Milwaukee.

Just curious about that statement. The Packers were shared by Green Bay and Milwaukee, so why is that eliminated?

It's where I sit.

If the Saints are making a change, we should know by the draft. If they know anything about marketing and plan to change the uni, they'll have their #1 pick up there holding the new jersey.

The Saints' management has stated that NO MAJOR changes will be happenning to the uniforms. They have petitioned the league to allow the re-addition of the

"Louisiana" patch as a permanent fixture to the jerseys. Also, from what I'm hearing, there may be a modification to the black pants...adding a stripe or stripes to them.

gYH2mW9.png

Just curious about that statement. The Packers were shared by Green Bay and Milwaukee, so why is that eliminated?

I don't really have a "great" answer. It didn't feel like a marketing ploy. They were trying to please a large fan base. It just seems that they were always "Wisconsin's Team". Green Bay and Milwaukee seems to be the same market or region. I just think it's a different scenario as to what may take place with the Bills. Is the NFL really trying to please Buffalo and Toronto? Maybe just Toronto with the possiblity of knowing it may upset Buffalo. I guess that's all I meant.

This Buffalo/Toronto "thing" just sort of has a stink to it. It reeks of a plan to eventually have the team move. I guess it's upsetting when the league is worried about worldwide marketing and branding rather than solidifying the team situation in thier home town. Maybe I don't get it. I don't know, are Toronto and Buffalo considered the same market? Would Toronto/Buffalo be comparable as to what Green Bay/Milwaukee did?

I don't really have a "great" answer. It didn't feel like a marketing ploy. They were trying to please a large fan base. It just seems that they were always "Wisconsin's Team". Green Bay and Milwaukee seems to be the same market or region. I just think it's a different scenario as to what may take place with the Bills. Is the NFL really trying to please Buffalo and Toronto? Maybe just Toronto with the possiblity of knowing it may upset Buffalo. I guess that's all I meant.

This Buffalo/Toronto "thing" just sort of has a stink to it. It reeks of a plan to eventually have the team move. I guess it's upsetting when the league is worried about worldwide marketing and branding rather than solidifying the team situation in thier home town. Maybe I don't get it. I don't know, are Toronto and Buffalo considered the same market? Would Toronto/Buffalo be comparable as to what Green Bay/Milwaukee did?

Understood - thanks.

[you may now return to your previous topic, already in progress]

It's where I sit.

The Saints' management has stated that NO MAJOR changes will be happenning to the uniforms. They have petitioned the league to allow the re-addition of the

"Louisiana" patch as a permanent fixture to the jerseys. Also, from what I'm hearing, there may be a modification to the black pants...adding a stripe or stripes to them.

*whew*

kU6ns.gif

Archived