New NFL logos this year?

Island_Style

The Saints' management has stated that NO MAJOR changes will be happenning to the uniforms. They have petitioned the league to allow the re-addition of the

"Louisiana" patch as a permanent fixture to the jerseys. Also, from what I'm hearing, there may be a modification to the black pants...adding a stripe or stripes to them.

*whew*

I like the solid black pants

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Saints are making a change, we should know by the draft. If they know anything about marketing and plan to change the uni, they'll have their #1 pick up there holding the new jersey.

The Saints' management has stated that NO MAJOR changes will be happenning to the uniforms. They have petitioned the league to allow the re-addition of the

"Louisiana" patch as a permanent fixture to the jerseys. Also, from what I'm hearing, there may be a modification to the black pants...adding a stripe or stripes to them.

That sounds perfect, the Louisiana logo is fantastic and needs to get back on the uniform. I just hope they match up the gold colors if nothing else. But their unis are really solid.

Saints should something with their helmets. That solid white line as annoyed the heck out of me forever. Seriously, doesn't it look misplace.

You're right. Maybe something like this:

Saints_white_small.jpg

P.S. IMO the Louisiana logo sucks but would be ok if it's only the jersey patch. I hated it on the sleeves and pants. See, New Orleans is as different from the rest of the state as New York City is to the rest of New York. As a patch, fine, it's kind of a unity/marketing thing. As the primary logo, no.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Saints should something with their helmets. That solid white line as annoyed the heck out of me forever. Seriously, doesn't it look misplace.

It wouldn't if they went back to their original pants. What looks misplaced is the awful pants they wear now.

An excellent point. See #29 below:

ebay254edited7rzMedium.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Seriously... how obvious is it? Its like the number one, so-easy-a-caveman-can-do-it rule of designing football uniforms. IF YOUR HELMET AND PANTS ARE THE SAME COLOR, THEY SHOULD HAVE THE SAME STRIPE. Unless you're an idiot. See the Packers, the Raiders, the Jets... these look like well thought out designs. I don't see why everyone complains about the gold not matching throughout, and ignoring the stripe patterns being all over the place. And the black pants just suck. Solid dark pants with matching solid dark sox? No... just no. Ugly on the Saints, ugly on the Jags, and ugly most of all, on the Ravens. Match the stripe on the gold pants to the helmet stripe, add a white-gold-white stripe on the black pants, add a white sock with black and gold stripes to wear with the black pants and the Saints would have a top 5 NFL uniform.

Seriously... how obvious is it? Its like the number one, so-easy-a-caveman-can-do-it rule of designing football uniforms. IF YOUR HELMET AND PANTS ARE THE SAME COLOR, THEY SHOULD HAVE THE SAME STRIPE. Unless you're an idiot. See the Packers, the Raiders, the Jets... these look like well thought out designs. I don't see why everyone complains about the gold not matching throughout, and ignoring the stripe patterns being all over the place. And the black pants just suck. Solid dark pants with matching solid dark sox? No... just no. Ugly on the Saints, ugly on the Jags, and ugly most of all, on the Ravens. Match the stripe on the gold pants to the helmet stripe, add a white-gold-white stripe on the black pants, add a white sock with black and gold stripes to wear with the black pants and the Saints would have a top 5 NFL uniform.

I totally agree with you.

That's all. That should be an official rule.

I loved the Browns Orange pants for this reason. ^_^

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Thank you.

The Saints have been chipping away at a great uniform for years, replacing bits and pieces until the thing doesn't match. If anything, they should take a few steps backwards.

Well, at least now we know where the Marlins got their ideas on "How to ruin a great sports uniform." They both took the same approach: gradually remove all appealing and iconic elements, replacing with black at each step.

The Jaguars also seem to have read the same brochure.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Jags will have a small tweek this year.

"Rob from Deltona, FL

Will the Jags be changing anything with their uniforms this coming season?

Vic: There will be a minor change to the stripes on the white pants, to match up better with the black letters on the jerseys."

From Jaguars.com ASk Vic.

...NFL, say goodbye to teal. Looks like the writing is officially on the wall in Duval...that team will officially, in my book, really be the Blaguars after this season, if not FOR this season.

(Off-side note: when the hell did Quinn Gray get cut? The Texans got him now...)

...I can still only hope and pray the heads in Jacksonville hold on to the teal. For all intents and purposes, that IS "their" color; it's what they're known by. You see teal on the field, you know it's the Jaguars. We've already got two black and gold teams in the NFL (well...one that pairs black with about three different golds and one that paris black with what they "call" gold but is really yellow)--we don't need three.

But...all this IS just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Amen.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

...NFL, say goodbye to teal. Looks like the writing is officially on the wall in Duval...that team will officially, in my book, really be the Blaguars after this season, if not FOR this season.

(Off-side note: when the hell did Quinn Gray get cut? The Texans got him now...)

...I can still only hope and pray the heads in Jacksonville hold on to the teal. For all intents and purposes, that IS "their" color; it's what they're known by. You see teal on the field, you know it's the Jaguars. We've already got two black and gold teams in the NFL (well...one that pairs black with about three different golds and one that paris black with what they "call" gold but is really yellow)--we don't need three.

But...all this IS just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns.

i generally agree. i have no idea why they like the black out look. Everytime i see it i honestly confuse them with the new orleans saints. The saints are a gold helmet from looking identicle to them, well similar because of logo/stripe patterns but close. The jags best look is the black helmet, teal jersey and white pants for the home and the black helmet, white jersey and white pants for the away. Its a good look, its an identifiable look and it says 'jacksonville jaguars' not this all black crap.

Same things with the Aints, they need to stop this over infusion of black. Gold/black/gold and gold/white/gold works just fine leave it alone.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i generally agree. i have no idea why they like the black out look. Everytime i see it i honestly confuse them with the new orleans saints. The saints are a gold helmet from looking identicle to them, well similar because of logo/stripe patterns but close. The jags best look is the black helmet, teal jersey and white pants for the home and the black helmet, white jersey and white pants for the away. Its a good look, its an identifiable look and it says 'jacksonville jaguars' not this all black crap.

In an NFL with less black, that would also be the Ravens' away combination, so I wouldn't go so far as to say its a look that says just "Jacksonville Jaguars." However, I do agree with you that they need to be rid of all the black.

Teal (as it is the opinion of most on this board) is a "fad color" and has therefore become somewhat dated. For the Jaguars, I've always liked it as no one else really wears that color. But I've always felt like something was off with their look. I think it has to do with the black helmets. When a team has a black helmet, I think they look better with matching black pants (as opposed to a light colored or white helmet with which white pants looks OK). However, when that team wears black pants and a black helmet with a white jersey, that really only leaves accents for the other (in this case, two) colors. Even on the original home uniform, it's somewhat odd with each element of the uniform being a different color (black helmets, teal shirts, white pants). Really, I think they've got one too many colors. Greatly reduce the black and maybe use it as an accent instead of a dominating color (like outlines only?).

Same things with the Aints, they need to stop this over infusion of black.

Yes, black pants are just all over the place in the NFL.

You have a whopping 4 teams out of 32 that wear black pants, with their uniform set. The Bengals, Falcons, Jaguars and Saints. The Ravens wear them (even though they should wear them more) with their black jerseys only.

4 out of 32. Yes, its out of hand. STOP THE INSANITY!!! :D Everybody should wear light colors and look the same.

Don't mess with the Saints or Jags solid black pants. Stripes on black pants look stupid. Or, they might have been 'cool' in the 1970's.

Its 2008 people. Just like striped socks and sleeves went out of style a few decades ago.

Archived