If the nhl was to fold.....

Brass

If the NHL was to fold (won't more than likely), which teams would probably fold? I think teams like Carolina, Buffalo, Nashville, and possibly Columbus may fold. What do you guys think?
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Let's stop wit this doom and gloom stuff. The League won't fold niether will any team. We may miss some hockey next year but not the whole season. Everything will get worked out and the NHL will be fine.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

seems like Im not the only one sick of the pessimism here!

The players and owners are so far apart, I can only hope for a long lockout. In the long run, it would be good for hockey, especially if, in the end, the owners take the players to the cleaners.

I can only hope six teams fold (and, if a long lockout occurs, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens)... my picks are Carolina, Florida, Phoenix, Anaheim (sorry RC), Nashville, and Pittsburgh.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Let's stop wit this doom and gloom stuff. The League won't fold niether will any team. We may miss some hockey next year but not the whole season. Everything will get worked out and the NHL will be fine.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

seems like Im not the only one sick of the pessimision here!

Actually, I am being optimistic. The league would be better off if a certain team or two ended up in more supportive markets.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

well everyone seems to be listing the teams that will fold, but the title of the thread is "If the nhl was to fold, which teams would stay."

this is my list of the teams that i think will comprise the nhl after the possible (more then likley) one season lock-out.

1-6) the original 6

7-11) the remaning original expansion teams (dallas must get rid of their third if they want to take part)

12) buffalo sabers

13-17) the remaing canadian teams plus a team in winnipeg

18) new jersey devils

19) colorado avalanch

20) minnisota wild

21) hartford walers (i can dream cant i?)

22) tampa bay lightining

23) atlanta thrashers (wicked thirds and all!)

24) columbus blue jackets

7-11) the remaning original expansion teams (dallas must get rid of their third if they want to take part)

You would want the survival of a team to rest on what they're wearing?

Sorry, but if the team is drawing fans, selling merchandise and contributing to the overall viability of the league, they can skate in frilly pink tu-tus and still be OK in my book.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

this weeks Sporting News has a good story on this as well as rankings (based on tradition, playoffs, arenas, economic stability, etc.).  it's a good read.  they "voted off the island" most of the southern teams and Pitt.

Hockeytown (Red Wings) was voted #1, Colorado Avs #2 franchises.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

San Jose

Los Angeles

Colorado

Vancouver

Calgary

Edmonton

Minnesota

Dallas

Chicago

St. Louis

Columbus

Winnipeg (formerly Florida Panthers)

Toronto

Detroit

Ottawa

Montreal

Buffalo

Boston

NY Rangers

NY Islanders

New Jersey

Washington

Tampa Bay

Philadelphia

Leaving Pittsburgh, Carolina, Anaheim, Atlanta, Phoenix, and Nashville the odd teams out.  Pittsburgh would be granted a franchise if the city agrees to build a new arena.  Outside Pittsburgh, notice how all of the teams I contracted are in the Sun Belt?

These cities contracted could be given AHL franchises as they would be independent teams to give former NHLers a chance to play again.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

San Jose

Los Angeles

Colorado

Vancouver

Calgary

Edmonton

Minnesota

Dallas

Chicago

St. Louis

Columbus

Winnipeg (formerly Florida Panthers)

Toronto

Detroit

Ottawa

Montreal

Buffalo

Boston

NY Rangers

NY Islanders

New Jersey

Washington

Tampa Bay

Philadelphia

Leaving Pittsburgh, Carolina, Anaheim, Atlanta, Phoenix, and Nashville the odd teams out. Pittsburgh would be granted a franchise if the city agrees to build a new arena. Outside Pittsburgh, notice how all of the teams I contracted are in the Sun Belt?

These cities contracted could be given AHL franchises as they would be independent teams to give former NHLers a chance to play again.

Swap Colorado and Winnipeg, and you're all set.

hey rassbonanza how can you say that columbus would fold. They are in the top ten in attendance, were recently voted by espn the magazine as the #1 in stadium experience, and were one of the few teams that made money last year. Are you saying that just because they are new and suck. If you are then you need to check the facts. here's my list of the teams that should go pittsburgh, Florida, atlanta, nashville, carolina.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Florida Tampa Bay Caolina Nashville Atlantoa Phoenix Anaeim San Jose Washington Pittsburgh and Buffalo i think could all be considered ami right?

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

My best guess is that Carolina, Nashville, Florida and Anaheim would all go.  Pittsburgh will probably get leave to suspend the franchise for 1-2 years.  A restructured player cost system might permit the NHL to "reinflate" to 30 teams bringing Pittsburgh back in and perhaps Quebec, Winnipeg and Hartford too.  If the NHL does cut teams, I think it will go back to its older cities before it goes into "newer" markets again.

You would want the survival of a team to rest on what they're wearing?

Sorry, but if the team is drawing fans, selling merchandise and contributing to the overall viability of the league, they can skate in frilly pink tu-tus and still be OK in my book.

it was a joke. i geuss when ur city losses 4 staight super bowls u lose ur sence of humor. all im saying is that dallas' third is afull, and the nhl would be better off (labor despute or no labor dispute) without them. i dont relley believe that the survival of a team should rest on their unis. infact i dont mind he dallas stars, and i usally hate southern hockey. my list of teams includes tampa bay, dallas, atlanta, and l.a.

i think it is healthy to have SOME outhern teams, but not to much.

Archived