I guess the NHL is more laidback than the NFL...

ColeJ

According to wikipedia:

When Hull scored his series-clinching goal in triple overtime of Game 6, his foot was in the crease but the puck was not. During the middle of the season, the NHL sent out a memo clarifying the "skate in the crease" rule that allowed goals in instances where the goalscorer established possession of the puck prior to entering the crease. On this infamous play, Hull kicked the puck with his left skate (while still outside of the crease) into a shooting position. Because of that action, he became the possessor of the puck prior to his skate entering the crease, which the NHL determined made the goal legitimate.

Logic doesn't work with these people. :rolleyes:

:D

No it doesn't. :censored: logic. I just want a god damn cup.

Regher hasn't had his on his home jersey since before Christmas.

Not sure what the logos are like on the semi pro's, but on the authentic I have, I was suprised on how rigid that little logo patch is. It doesn't really flex with the material of the jersey, and the edges of it, relatively speaking, are fairly "sharp". Sharp may not be the right word, but its certainly a noticeable hard edge if you run your finger along the sides of it.

I can see in the heat of play, considering where it is on the jersey, that if the jersey got pushed or pulled around, and this logo say rubbed/scraped against bare skin on the chest or around the neck, it would be certainly uncomfortable and probably leave a mark.

Likely the reason those guys have taken it off.

According to wikipedia:

When Hull scored his series-clinching goal in triple overtime of Game 6, his foot was in the crease but the puck was not. During the middle of the season, the NHL sent out a memo clarifying the "skate in the crease" rule that allowed goals in instances where the goalscorer established possession of the puck prior to entering the crease. On this infamous play, Hull kicked the puck with his left skate (while still outside of the crease) into a shooting position. Because of that action, he became the possessor of the puck prior to his skate entering the crease, which the NHL determined made the goal legitimate.

- Dan

Just because that was the explanation doesn't mean it was valid.

According to wikipedia:

- Dan

Just because that was the explanation doesn't mean it was valid.

I actually remember reading about this rule change a few years ago about how it went relatively unnoticed amongst hockey fans when it was done back in 1999.

And besides, in an alternate universe, Hull scores a one-timer off the ensuing faceoff to the right of Hasek.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

According to wikipedia:

- Dan

Funny how there is no reference to this phantom "mid season memo" anywhere other than in that wikipedia article and no footnote on that page.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived