Colts looking for new horse

sj32

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot believe that a high profile team in the richest league in the country would resort to a contest on their website to create a secondary logo. A logo from which they have the intent of making themselves some cash. This is a damn disgrace. Warden Goodell needs to step in and do something about this.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I cannot believe that a high profile team in the richest league in the country would resort to a contest on their website to create a secondary logo. A logo from which they have the intent of making themselves some cash. This is a damn disgrace. Warden Goodell needs to step in and do something about this.

No, it'll be a disgrace when the "horsey" drawn by one of the Polian or Irsay kids (I assume there are some) wins.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Crap, I better get to the requests thread before anyone else requests a Colt logo...for a....um...fantasy football team. Suckers. I'm gonna get your $1,000 clams and season tickets, which I won't use.

At least they're not getting rid of the horseshoe logo, and changing their uniforms. What the Colts have now is pristine. But I might give it a whirl anyhow, just for kicks.

Well, they would be if they had blue face masks again

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

This is certainly better than sending it to some corporate design firm that will produce another sterile, soulless design. At least the fan who designs it - and hopefully more Colts fans - will have ownership and pride in this logo as a result of this process.

asu-tillman-in-memory-banner.jpg

I'll gladly take $1000 (to pay off a bit of my student loan) the portfolio piece and season tickets. I'm not sure how I'm going to get from Southern California to Indianapolis for all the home games, but I'd gladly take it. It does beg the question for all those bitching about the amount being given, how many of you have designed a professional logo? We sit here and criticize logos and yet the opportunity to get our foots in the proverbial door of professional sports is there, and you bitch about the amount of money? I'm looking at this as a designer and who the freak cares how little I'd get paid, sometimes bragging rights to people around you can make you just as happy as a larger chunk of money. Some of this is sarcasm, but the opportunity shouldn't be taken lightly. No one ever became popular without the opportunity given to them by someone. And hey, this may not lead to a job in the sports industry, but if it leads to another job, so be it.

Archived