Colts looking for new horse

sj32

Not a Mitch Hedberg fan I guess.

I know some of his material... is that one?

I'd imagine if you're on an escalator that is moving and it abruptly stops, you're going to fly backward.

I'd think you would move forward, but only at about 3 mph or whatever the rate of the escalator is. I'm sure one of Newton's laws applies here.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still can't believe they're going to tear down the RCA Dome...it seems like only a few years ago that thing was brand new, and I was in there getting a tour of the place...

Tell me about it. I feel that way about the Edward James Dome, which will be among the next to fall.

I was actually also at the very first event at Market Square Arena as well - a Glen Campbell concert in 1974!

(I was 11. My mom made me go.)

You're allowed to admit you like Glen Campbell. When you do so, it will be gentle on your mind.

By the way, the next time you go to Phoenix, I wonder if she'll be risin' by the time you get there.

LOL - wonder how many here caught that one. Very 70's - so cheesy it was funny. :P

I still can't believe they're going to tear down the RCA Dome...it seems like only a few years ago that thing was brand new, and I was in there getting a tour of the place...

Tell me about it. I feel that way about the Edward James Dome, which will be among the next to fall.

I was actually also at the very first event at Market Square Arena as well - a Glen Campbell concert in 1974!

(I was 11. My mom made me go.)

You're allowed to admit you like Glen Campbell. When you do so, it will be gentle on your mind.

By the way, the next time you go to Phoenix, I wonder if she'll be risin' by the time you get there.

LOL - wonder how many here caught that one. Very 70's - so cheesy it was funny. :P

Only those of us who grew up in the '60s and/or '70s I'm afraid.

^_^

His joke is basically what you said only in his Mitch Hedberg rhythm. It goes along the lines of (paraphrasing here) an escalator can never break down, it can only become stairs. You should never see a sign that says "escalator temporarily out of service" only a sign that says "escalator temporarily stairs"..."sorry for the convenience".

It really loses its mmph when explained on a message board.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'd imagine if you're on an escalator that is moving and it abruptly stops, you're going to fly backward.

I'd think you would move forward, but only at about 3 mph or whatever the rate of the escalator is. I'm sure one of Newton's laws applies here.

Hmm. I was thinking if you're on an escalator going up and it stops, you'd be sent in the other direction, or at least you'd be jarred enough to lose your balance and fall backward.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

FINALLY!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

His joke is basically what you said only in his Mitch Hedberg rhythm. It goes along the lines of (paraphrasing here) an escalator can never break down, it can only become stairs. You should never see a sign that says "escalator temporarily out of service" only a sign that says "escalator temporarily stairs"..."sorry for the convenience".

It really loses its mmph when explained on a message board.

That's the best part about Mitch. No one else can talk tell his jokes.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived