Indianapolis Colts Concept (1000th Post)

josh_cat_eyes

I know I already posted something for my 1000th post, but it was really for my 950th post. Anyway, the concept was inspired by the Colts contest to design an alternate logo. I thought that it would be cool to have a "western connection" using the pistol and the cowboy hat. I hope everyone sees the connection. Anyway here it is:

colts13.png

Also help on how to vectorize something would be greatly appreiciated!!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Why? The Colt is a young unaltered male horse. The team was named as such because it was in Baltimore first, the area was at one time a mecca of horse racing. There has never been a connection with cowboys or guns. Good try though.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Why? The Colt is a young unaltered male horse. The team was named as such because it was in Baltimore first, the area was at one time a mecca of horse racing. There has never been a connection with cowboys or guns. Good try though.

The colt is also the name of a gun (Colt .45 Pistol) and when I think horses I also kinda think cowboys and cowboys tend to use pistols. Also Indianapolis is a relitivly western city and kinda reminds me of those old western western movies.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

its definitely not a western city. maybe a little rural, but its not a place where you regularly see cowboy hats or anything like that. As a lifelong resident I have to say that the cowboy/pistol combo just doesn't work for this team. sorry.

the pistol might work for the pacers, but for different reasons. ^_^

I know I already posted something for my 1000th post, but it was really for my 950th post. Anyway, the concept was inspired by the Colts contest to design an alternate logo. I thought that it would be cool to have a "western connection" using the pistol and the cowboy hat. I hope everyone sees the connection. Anyway here it is:

colts13.png

Also help on how to vectorize something would be greatly appreiciated!!

I dunno about this one... The cowboy hat I can see(although Dallas may have something to say about it), and even the pistol, but cowboys didn't use pistols like the one you've got. They used revolvers. Plus I don't think you could get away with having a team using a gun as the logo(see the Washington Bullets, they didn't even have a gun OR bullets in their logo and they were forced to change their name).

Guns and hat just don't say "Colts" to me, yeah yeah, Colt 45's but that in Houston and it's baseball or a beer. Not football, IMO it just doesn't fit.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I dunno about this one... The cowboy hat I can see(although Dallas may have something to say about it), and even the pistol, but cowboys didn't use pistols like the one you've got. They used revolvers. Plus I don't think you could get away with having a team using a gun as the logo(see the Washington Bullets, they didn't even have a gun OR bullets in their logo and they were forced to change their name).

The Bullets were never "forced" to change their name. Honest Abe Pollin got greedy, and wanted a new look. He put a nice face on it by saying it was not PC. But bullets was and is a perfect name for a sports team in DC or Baltimore. As for why the name was used in the first place, Baltimore was a leading producer of Shot or bullets for most of the 19th century. The Shot Tower at over 250 feet tall still stands, and is one of the last remaining in the US.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

The Bullets were never "forced" to change their name. Honest Abe Pollin got greedy, and wanted a new look. He put a nice face on it by saying it was not PC. But bullets was and is a perfect name for a sports team in DC or Baltimore. As for why the name was used in the first place, Baltimore was a leading producer of Shot or bullets for most of the 19th century. The Shot Tower at over 250 feet tall still stands, and is one of the last remaining in the US.

Speaking of Baltimore, if the Colts were still there, they could have a bottle of this as an alternate logo:

colt45lgpatchtn.jpg

The colt is also the name of a gun (Colt .45 Pistol) and when I think horses I also kinda think cowboys and cowboys tend to use pistols. Also Indianapolis is a relitivly western city and kinda reminds me of those old western western movies.

Wrong sidearm, pardner.

The pistol most commonly associated with the old west is the Colt .45 Peacemaker revolver. What you've got there seems to be based on the Colt .45 Model 1911 semi-automatic.

I don't think Goodell would approve of any team logos featuring a handgun, lol.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So perhaps the handgun thing would not go over very good, but nobody has commented on my addition of silver to the logos. If you compare mine to the actual logos there is no silver. How does that work for an improvement on what they have right now?

Speaking of Baltimore, if the Colts were still there, they could have a bottle of this as an alternate logo:

colt45lgpatchtn.jpg

Well don't know when you were on the Beltway last but that brewery is long gone. But it still is a popular drink in some parts of the city!

As for the addition of silver Josh, it was done off and on in the past. Both in Baltimore and I think in Indy too.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

As for the addition of silver Josh, it was done off and on in the past. Both in Baltimore and I think in Indy too.

Oh, on chris' page for them there was no silver logos so I wasn't sure if they had or not. I really think they should. It adds alot to the logo.

So perhaps the handgun thing would not go over very good, but nobody has commented on my addition of silver to the logos. If you compare mine to the actual logos there is no silver. How does that work for an improvement on what they have right now?

personally, i don't think the addition of silver improves the logo in any way...in fact, i think it looks better without it...just my opinion, though

jldesigns404eo.png

Oh, on chris' page for them there was no silver logos so I wasn't sure if they had or not. I really think they should. It adds alot to the logo.

I doubt ever in the logo, but in the uniform for sure. The logo has been the same for the most part for 50 years or so.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived