NBA Uniforms For The Site

AAO

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

While this is still somewhat near the top of the forums, there's this one nagging problem the site never addressed.

Basically, the Lakers home and away jerseys both say 1965/66-present. However, these have been used for most of that time period, and they aren't entirely the same as the current ones, mostly with the perspective on the block numbers:

baylor.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gal...ages/baylor.jpg

In addition to that, the color of the numbers switched to purple for a while, and now they have side paneling on their jerseys. Also, the sleeve and collar trim is different now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thanks man.

96-2001 Uniforms

DetroitPistons96-2001Uniforms.png

when I was in first grade, I had a reversible Grant Hill jersey and shorts (i always wore them together, and I always wore green jersey and white shorts). I was the only girl in my whole school that wore sports apparel. When I saw this, I thought of that jersey for the first time in about 10 years.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

In addition to that, the color of the numbers switched to purple for a while, and now they have side paneling on their jerseys. Also, the sleeve and collar trim is different now.

I know for a fact that they switched to the current look for the '99-'00 season (when they moved into Staples). I want to say that the white alt was added in '03-'04 (the Malone/Payton year), with the "L" alternate logo added to the shorts of all uniforms beginning in I want to say '05-'06. I have no idea when the switch from white to purple numbers happened on the old style uniforms, but it was sometime in the early '80s, I think.

VmWIn6B.png

One thing that has bugged me about the Blazer uniform set on the site is the diagonal lines across the stomach of the jersey. The ones on the site are too thin and have too much of an angle in comparison to the Blazers script. Here's a photo of Brandon Roy for comparison.

748664_480_art_R0.jpg

I bought a hat with that horse logo when it first came out. I always liked this set, except for the red alternate.

P0024831.jpg

I remember going to a friend's house to try and download that Pistons logo when it debuted. Took about an hour...

Ah, the dark ages of the 'Net :P

While this is still somewhat near the top of the forums, there's this one nagging problem the site never addressed.

Basically, the Lakers home and away jerseys both say 1965/66-present. However, these have been used for most of that time period, and they aren't entirely the same as the current ones, mostly with the perspective on the block numbers:

baylor.jpg

The Lakers' uniforms from their first year in La-La Land (1960-61) up to the late 1980s were made by Galbraith & Tiernan in Inglewood. Those numbers were a shaded, drop-shadow font that G&T had in stock and the Lakers liked them. Too bad Champion and subsequent NBA uniform manufacturers couldn't get samples of the original "Lakers" number font and replicate them PROPERLY! I still favor the Royal Blue/Columbia Blue/White combo. GO CELTICS! 17-time WORLD CHAMPIONS! Hey Mr. Philly Zenmaster Jackson- You were NEVER going to get your tenth championship in Boston, especially with Red's ghost, Russ (best center of ALL TIME!) and Hondo (Havlicek stole the ball!) in attendance. No way, no how! In the picture shown above did anyone else notice that the front number "8" on Havlicek's jersey was put on upside down? The smaller opening on an "8" goes on TOP. And number 7 is Emmett Bryant. Those Celtic uniforms were made by SandKnit. The then-EIGHT-IN-A-ROW-time World Champions switched from Wilson to SandKnit for 1966-67. They went from the regular arched full-block lettering to what they have now, removed "BOSTON" from the Green uniforms and went with knit shorts for the first time instead of the unstretchable Nylon Twill. Only bad feature was that's the year the Phila 76ers won the NBA title. Ah yes, that Phila "dynasty" was supposed to win the next 20 consecutive NBA titles. They won the amazing total of ONE IN A ROW! Totally frickin' unbelievable! ONE in a row!

The numbers on the Sonics and Pacers throwbacks are both wrong. The Sonics used a version of Eurostile for their numbers, while the Pacers used Helvetica.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

baylor.jpg

In the picture shown above did anyone else notice that the front number "8" on Havlicek's jersey was put on upside down? The smaller opening on an "8" goes on TOP.

Actually Havlicek wore #17, this is a picture of Bailey Howell. Not to be too picky, but Hondo is a legend.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

baylor.jpg

In the picture shown above did anyone else notice that the front number "8" on Havlicek's jersey was put on upside down? The smaller opening on an "8" goes on TOP.

Actually Havlicek wore #17, this is a picture of Bailey Howell. Not to be too picky, but Hondo is a legend.

You're right about Hondo. But that looks an awful lot like Havlicek's chin in that photo, doesn't it? GO CELTICS! 17-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS! 17! Hey Kobe, how are things in runner-up land (LA)?

The "orlando" wasn't that italicized (if at all) and the numbers are a little too thick (there should be much more air in the top of the two.)

Other than that, great job again.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived