NBA Uniforms For The Site

AAO

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we bump this?

Besides, new uniforms are coming. By the way, I just looking at my trading cards when I saw something different in Bullets uniforms, sorry I don't have the card because I have no scanner, I'll try to use my camera, but unfortunately I don't have it.

By the way, those uniforms I am talking about were from 96-97. The one with white lettering and blue lines.

Red jersey AFAIK.

Regarding the Bullets jerseys, I'm assuming it's that certain players have blue numbers outlined in white, and others have white numbers outlined in blue.

Yup that was I'm talking about. The white numbers were appeared in Rod Strickland and Gheorge Mursean's jerseys/

Regarding the Bullets jerseys, I'm assuming it's that certain players have blue numbers outlined in white, and others have white numbers outlined in blue.

Yup that was I'm talking about. The white numbers were appeared in Rod Strickland and Gheorge Mursean's jerseys/

Also Chris Webber and Chris Whitney... This was preseason of the 1996-97 season. The Bullets wore the mismatched numbers on Oct. 21 against the Blazers. I have no idea why this was...

Also Chris Webber and Chris Whitney... This was preseason of the 1996-97 season. The Bullets wore the mismatched numbers on Oct. 21 against the Blazers. I have no idea why this was...

And even Harvey Grant (ok, so this is my proof):

IMG_0185.jpg

And one more thing, did the Drexler-era Blazers really had black numbers outlined in red, I mean like the current one, or is it just the video quality, wherein at some point, the colors would change? Here's the evidence:

drex.jpg

No, those jerseys (introduced in 1991) had white numbers with red drop shadow on the road unis, and red numbers with black drop shadow on the homes. The set before that had red numbers outlined in black on the homes and red outlined in white on the roads.

No, those jerseys (introduced in 1991) had white numbers with red drop shadow on the road unis, and red numbers with black drop shadow on the homes. The set before that had red numbers outlined in black on the homes and red outlined in white on the roads.

I see. But that picture had black numbers with red drop shadow.

Maybe the video quality just sucked or there must be something scientific in it.

Hey guys, check out the comments section on Chris' site regarding the Blazers unis. They did wear black w/red drop shadows on the home whites for the first batch of jerseys. They were prototypes that should not have made it to game action, but Champion had a few screw-ups in getting the new unis to Portland for approval.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Hey guys, check out the comments section on Chris' site regarding the Blazers unis. They did wear black w/red drop shadows on the home whites for the first batch of jerseys. They were prototypes that should not have made it to game action, but Champion had a few screw-ups in getting the new unis to Portland for approval.

Oh, so those black ala Currents were for real. Alrighty, where's Mr. AAO?

Thanks for correcting it by the way.

Thanks, I never knew that! Looking at some images from that season, it seems the wordmark was slightly smaller, too. I've also found an image that features Clyde Drexler in a home uni that has the correct numbers, but one is normal-sized and the other was the smaller version! I'll try and get a scan of that.

Were there widespread problems with Champion jerseys from that season? I've got a couple of Hornets game jerseys from that season and the lettering and numbers definately seem rougher and lower quality than jerseys from other seasons.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been monkeying around with a few unis that aren't on the site already. First up, 1985-87 Indiana Pacers:

Road:

pacers85-87road.gif

Home:

pacers85-87home.gif

For the 1987-88 season they removed the numbers from the shorts and centered the front jersey numbers (these are already up).

Credit to Hoopskid:

wizards11.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived