grubstreet

2008 MLB changes in action

I personally havent seen anything but have the White Sox played in their camos yet? I've been curious as to see how they'd look for a while now.

I'm the biggest only Royals fan on the board.

So true. :D

(Just messin'.)

I personally havent seen anything but have the White Sox played in their camos yet? I've been curious as to see how they'd look for a while now.

It's a one-time deal for July 4 I believe -- which seems to have inspired the Padres to upgrade theirs to every Sunday home game.

capt.1ea1e13ab8464d63826cba70bb51bcf7.twins_royals_baseball_mocr104.jpg

Powder blue and royal blue go together well. Rarely see the combination executed at the professional level. Toronto and KC have been willing to revive the combination.

One word, AWESOME! I'd like to see the Rays have something like this as an alternate.

it will be great !!!

it can be a "very special edition jersey" as a thank to the home of the rays, the city of St.Pete

light blue jersey with name, number & brim in navy & yellow (+ white) but instead of "RAYS" the wordmark "St.Petersburg".

a1b8ef4b-b9d3-433e-956d-1a7e1b46908a.jpg

This is pretty much the first solid-color alt jersey I have ever liked. Hell, not just "liked." This is nearly the first solid-color alt jersey that I have ever "not hated." The Royals could switch to that as their everyday home jersey and I wouldn't complain. It's light enough that there's no danger of confusing them with road grays.

This also serves as a sort of living rebuke to the Rays for chickening out and not embracing light blue as their primary color.

That Royals alt. does look mighty sweet, but I think if they switched to a white script with royal outline, to further harken back to the Brett/Bo days it'd be perfect.

I'm the biggest Royals fan on the board.

Was there a vote I missed?

My Royals closet.

RoyalsCloset1.jpg

RoyalsCloset2.jpg

That's pretty impressive man, they all lettered?

And I'm guessing you're single... :D

That Royals alt. does look mighty sweet, but I think if they switched to a white script with royal outline, to further harken back to the Brett/Bo days it'd be perfect.

Put 'em with matching pants and wear 'em on the road, and you have true perfection... ^_^

I love the Royals alternate.

Is it a lighter shade of blue than Toronto? It sure looks like it.

My Royals closet.

RoyalsCloset1.jpg

RoyalsCloset2.jpg

That's very impressive -- and puts what I call my Cubs closet to shame.

I also am guessing the duplicates are because of various lettering.

Remember when the Yankees switched to cotton uniforms during the 1994 season? It seemed like most of the players loved them.
What a fabric! Finally we can breathe.
Cotton is king.
I never dreamed anything could be so soft and fluffy.

It's a shame that it didn't work out.

"Oh my God, Mattingly just split his pants."

I'd like to see the Rays have something like this as an alternate.

it will be great !!!

it can be a "very special edition jersey" as a thank to the home of the rays, the city of St.Pete

light blue jersey with name, number & brim in navy & yellow (+ white) but instead of "RAYS" the wordmark "St.Petersburg".

Not going to happen - they're not going to snub Tampa like that. They treat both cities the same in all counts, since they have to consider both cities their home.

I'd like to see the Rays have something like this as an alternate.

it will be great !!!

Not going to happen - they're not going to snub Tampa like that. They treat both cities the same in all counts, since they have to consider both cities their home.

i think so...

but it can be a good idea to have an additional jersey and to change the road gray :

- BP : navy / rays

- Home : white / Rays

- Road : gray / Tampa Bay (better than "Rays" again, as they actually wore)

- Home & Road alternate : light blue / St.Petersburg (wore on sunday home game & special road game)

I'd like to see "Tampa Bay" back on the roads, but "St. Petersburg" just isn't going to happen on any jersey.

I haven't seen these jackets before:

capt.1166bf828c89442eb9691a83519d1c75.yankees_jeter_baseball__mocr101.jpg

Does every team have road jackets?

I notices Toronto had a gray variation (stripes) when they played at NY that I thought might be a road version, but it is the only option that they have at the MLB shop. I really like the Yankees "road" jacket.

It's now for sale at the MLB shop.

My Royals closet.

RoyalsCloset1.jpg

RoyalsCloset2.jpg

That's very impressive -- and puts what I call my Cubs closet to shame.

I also am guessing the duplicates are because of various lettering.

Yes they are all lettered differently. I started collecting Royals jerseys a few years ago and just got obsessed.

I notices Toronto had a gray variation (stripes) when they played at NY that I thought might be a road version, but it is the only option that they have at the MLB shop. I really like the Yankees "road" jacket.

So what's up with the Angels not having any 2008 Majestic jackets? I figure if anyone knows, you would.

(Hate the Yankees, but both of their jackets are really cool.)

So what's up with the Angels not having any 2008 Majestic jackets? I figure if anyone knows, you would.

(Hate the Yankees, but both of their jackets are really cool.)

I know what you mean. I have been looking for a Halos jacket, but no dice. Hopefully they have some thing ready for this year's deep October run ^_^

The original Blues didn't have ANY Royal Blue trim on the script or numbers:

royals-george-brett.jpg

I'm not complaining just to complain, but I really don't like the way that powder blue looks with the whites pants.

I don't mind that it's worn at home...it's not the fact that bothers me. It's that I really don't think it looks right.

It's ashame because the jersey is a beauty. I don't know. It's really bumming me out b/c I can't think of a solution that doesn't make it a full powder blue road jersey.