2008 MLB changes in action

Krona

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
e33e2465-f633-422a-b9f2-117e926cf478.jpg

The more I see this, the more it really bugs me.

I was thinking that fine tuning the hard-to-read nameplate (when lights shined on it sometimes you couldn't see the names) and the awkward number font (it's just weird...) would make this jersey good.

Something along the lines of this.

2008awayfixup.gif

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I hate when teams mix two non-standard fonts on the back of their jerseys. Either use the number font for the names, or use plain block for the names. If the number font doesn't translate well to names, well then maybe it isn't a great font.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Blue Jays need to realize that the first thing you do when finding yourself in a hole is to put the damned shovel down!

I really like the "Toronto" on the front of the new roads, but their number fonts are just getting...worse.

And that NOB font remains the worst in baseball.

They need to dial it back a bit.

I was thinking that fine tuning the hard-to-read nameplate (when lights shined on it sometimes you couldn't see the names) and the awkward number font (it's just weird...) would make this jersey good.

2008awayfixup.gif

Wow, you were up till 6 working on this? Looks awesome though, but holy crap. I didn't think you'd finish it all in one sitting. It really did bother you THAT much, lol.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Just what are the Blue Jays up to? Looks like they're officially not the Graphite Jays any more (old news), but are they now the Well-We're-Kind-Of-Putting-More-Blue-Back-In-But-We-Still-Have-Lotsa-Black-and-Did-You-Notice-How-Many-Fonts-We-Can-Use Jays. Imagine the new roads with the black T alt cap: three fonts for the price of one (Canadian).

dunno if it means anything but the mets have gone with their blue hats on most of the new public relations stuff

the head shots on the website have their blue hats, the commercials on SNY have them in their blue hats, and even santana had a blue hat on during his induction...as opposed to everything last year being in the black hats with blue brims

hope this means a change for next year but i doubt it

untitled-1.png

dunno if it means anything but the mets have gone with their blue hats on most of the new public relations stuff

the head shots on the website have their blue hats, the commercials on SNY have them in their blue hats, and even santana had a blue hat on during his induction...as opposed to everything last year being in the black hats with blue brims

hope this means a change for next year but i doubt it

Every picture in their season and partial plan ticket brochure had blue caps also. I've noticed all of this and I'm hoping we will at least see more of them this season.

mets.png

For the first time I can remember, the Yankees are finally on board with the MLB official dugout jackets instead of the satin 80s beer league atrocities they've been sporting in their place.

which are of course, only fashionable to crusty old geezers that like to pair them with a flat-brimmed cap with about a hundred team collectors pins stuck on both the jacket and the cap

For the first time I can remember, the Yankees are finally on board with the MLB official dugout jackets instead of the satin 80s beer league atrocities they've been sporting in their place.

which are of course, only fashionable to crusty old geezers that like to pair them with a flat-brimmed cap with about a hundred team collectors pins stuck on both the jacket and the cap

I love that old guy/lady!

2008awayfixup.gif

That is perfect...and you fixed the f'd up 3's

Sliced bread, man.

Archived