cool US Soccer franchise logo map

gpbellamy

Now you can see how all alone we are here in Minnesota, when you consider that our nearest competition is Rochester.

I did a map a while back, showing the USL1, USL2, and PDL teams. I haven't updated it for this year, though I did drop California once they folded up.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Now you can see how all alone we are here in Minnesota, when you consider that our nearest competition is Rochester.

Had Winnipeg's individual soccer clubs gotten off of their collective asses and agreed to field the best team possible rather than demanding certain spots for individual players, they'd have had a USL-1 club years ago.

Stupid Sons of Italy and Lucitania...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Actually, that's Harrisburg "City Islanders," I believe.

Indeed it is. However, I have played soccer on City Island and I can assure you that it is not the least bit balmy or tropical (especially the not the day I played there, with 30-40 mph autumn winds blowing down the Susquehanna).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 nitpicks:

1 - RBNY's old logo is used

2 - Can he make up his damn mind of where to place the logo in relation to the city points? Having such inconsistencies is a cartographic no-no.

"Pittsburg"....no...it's "Pittsburgh"

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Man, no kidding. I had no idea we were that isolated until seeing the map. Where the heck is Milwaukee when you need them?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Man, no kidding. I had no idea we were that isolated until seeing the map. Where the heck is Milwaukee when you need them?

It's pretty empty in the southwest, too. I'm glad I left Albuquerque for Portland, where I can be a soccer fan that has a local team to support.

standup-t-shirt.png

It's pretty empty in the southwest, too. I'm glad I left Albuquerque for Portland, where I can be a soccer fan that has a local team to support.

You realize, of course, I'm going to now have to call you a traitor. That or a dirty stinky hippie. Or both. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

WOW There is alot of big cities without teams: Detroit, Philadelphia, Pheonix, Tampa, Orlando, St. Louis, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Nashville/Memphis, San Antonio, OKC and lots more. Thats crazy!! Even the NHL covers more cities then that...and add the AHL and it covers most of the cities that there is soccer(football) teams in and not in.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

They're playing indoors, where they've always played. The outdoor teams are amateurs and semi-pros, although the city's got a long such tradition.

I've long thought that it would be a great outdoor soccer market, if they could only build a halfway decent stadium....

You say spread out... I say east coast loving.

Well, take into account the history of when each league was founded. Back when MLB, NFL and NHL (and to lesser extent, NBA) were founded, west coast travel was either far too expensive or far too time consuming to be worthwhile. Also aside from a scant few cities, in the early 20th century there weren't many cities west of the Mississippi River capable of maintaining a pro sports franchise. Now in the 21st century, that's not the case.

nav-logo.png

Archived