cool US Soccer franchise logo map

gpbellamy

WOW There is alot of big cities without teams: Detroit, Philadelphia, Pheonix, Tampa, Orlando, St. Louis, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Nashville/Memphis, San Antonio, OKC and lots more. Thats crazy!! Even the NHL covers more cities then that...and add the AHL and it covers most of the cities that there is soccer(football) teams in and not in.

Philly gets a MLS franchise in 2010.

WOW There is alot of big cities without teams: Detroit, Philadelphia, Pheonix, Tampa, Orlando, St. Louis, New Orleans, Milwaukee, Nashville/Memphis, San Antonio, OKC and lots more. Thats crazy!! Even the NHL covers more cities then that...and add the AHL and it covers most of the cities that there is soccer(football) teams in and not in.

...and St. Louis better be next. *grumble*

Still though, there is teams in Salt Lake City, Harrisburg, Richmond, Charleston, Rochester, Springfield, Wilmington and Bermuda and Puerto Rico but not in big US cities like Detriot, Philadephia and St. Louis. There isn't even teams in places that you would think soccer would be second nature like Pheonix, Tampa, Orlando, San Diego or other warm climate cities.

On a good note, Seattle and Philly get teams in 2009 and 2010 respectivelyis getting a team soon and I have also heard the Montreal Impact have applyed for a team and that there is interest for teams in Atlanta, Detroit, Portland, Vancouver, Miami, and a second team in New York.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

...and St. Louis better be next. *grumble*

Still though, there is teams in Salt Lake City, Harrisburg, Richmond, Charleston, Rochester, Springfield, Wilmington and Bermuda and Puerto Rico but not in big US cities like Detriot, Philadephia and St. Louis. There isn't even teams in places that you would think soccer would be second nature like Pheonix, Tampa, Orlando, San Diego or other warm climate cities.

On a good note, Seattle and Philly get teams in 2009 and 2010 respectivelyis getting a team soon and I have also heard the Montreal Impact have applyed for a team and that there is interest for teams in Atlanta, Detroit, Portland, Vancouver, Miami, and a second team in New York.

There's a LOT of interest here in Vancouver, but there will be NO headway made until the city gets off their duffs and approves the use of PURCHASED CITY LAND for a new, 17,000 seat stadium.

One proposal called for the stadium to be placed in a dodgy part of town, where numerous substance abusers are known to frequent...and several city coucillors actually expressed a concern that a soccer stadium would attract the wrong kind of element (i.e. "soccer hooligans") to the area.

Why yes, this town DOES have misplaced priorities, thanks...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The original design for that stadium in Gastown looked amazing. If I recall correctly, the Whitecaps aren't even asking for public money to build the thing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The original design for that stadium in Gastown looked amazing. If I recall correctly, the Whitecaps aren't even asking for public money to build the thing.

The money is there, the ownership is there, and the public support is overwhelming. It's city council that sucks.

Last I heard, the city would rather have them use land near the Sea Bus terminal, build an elevated stadium, and have the West Coast Express yards directly below, while allowing for easy transit access from bus, subway, train and ferry; I could be mistaken, however. I think the city is also floating the idea of building it to 25,000+, tear down BC Place and put the Lions in there as well, meaning they can make more money selling the old land THERE for more condos and underground Costco locations.

It's a cluster :censored:

Edited to include a link to the stadium renderings:

Waterfront stadium

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived