New hoops league, the wba

Lee.

lord  help us  :o  they didn't get anything right in those, even the spellings

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Ironic that they'd call it the World Basketball League when every franchise is somewhere in the southern U.S. -- of course there are still some pockets of individuals down there that probably still think that is the entire world. :D

Wow.. nice pictures of dice for the gamblers logo.

The website sucks, too. Don't they budget at least a couple grand for logos and websites? Hell, this board would do the whole league for pennies on the dollar, just to have our stuff out there. I dont know why no one ever thinks of that.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Wow.. nice pictures of dice for the gamblers logo.

The website sucks, too. Don't they budget at least a couple grand for logos and websites? Hell, this board would do the whole league for pennies on the dollar, just to have our stuff out there. I dont know why no one ever thinks of that.

Has anyone ever let it be known to these smaller/startup leagues that members of the board ARE willing to do it?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'll bet we could get these small leagues to let us do it.

Yes, I'm sure we could (and I mean the royal "we", not necesarily including myself, since I suck).

But "we" need to be organized, put forth samplings and portfolios, and approach these startup leagues/teams and say, hey, we're here, we're available, we're (most likely) affordable, give us a shot before you unleash crap like that on an unsuspecting public.

Top of my head, I can name 4 guys on the board whose work is very, very, very close to major-league quality.  Those are probably the guys who should get the push, so to speak.  We also have to keep in mind that the vast majority of the board is extremely young, ie.

Is there a singular homepage for SLUDnet?  That would be a starting point for approaching these guys, give them an online repository of the work being done here, then let them decide to go with someone from the board, or to go their own idiotic ways...

*Keep in mind I am a Canadian, my views generally aren't those of others.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Ironic that they'd call it the World Basketball League when every franchise is somewhere in the southern U.S. -- of course there are still some pockets of individuals down there that probably still think that is the entire world. :D

Yeah, but what other name is there?

The Not-so-National Basketball Association?

The WBA oh dear lord look at the name choices for Montgomery. Amberjacks, Contenders, Buzz, Heat awful all awful..

This league makes the XFL look good.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived