New hoops league, the wba

Lee.

Ironic that they'd call it the World Basketball League when every franchise is somewhere in the southern U.S. -- of course there are still some pockets of individuals down there that probably still think that is the entire world. :D

Watch it now don't talk about the south. I guess it is the same the WHA2 is all in the south also, but they want to expand north, but who knows if they will make it past this season. LOL

Yes, I'm sure we could (and I mean the royal "we", not necesarily including myself, since I suck).

But "we" need to be organized, put forth samplings and portfolios, and approach these startup leagues/teams and say, hey, we're here, we're available, we're (most likely) affordable, give us a shot before you unleash crap like that on an unsuspecting public.

Top of my head, I can name 4 guys on the board whose work is very, very, very close to major-league quality. Those are probably the guys who should get the push, so to speak. We also have to keep in mind that the vast majority of the board is extremely young, ie. <22 if not outright teens, and try as hard as we might, those guys may not be taken seriously.

Is there a singular homepage for SLUDnet? That would be a starting point for approaching these guys, give them an online repository of the work being done here, then let them decide to go with someone from the board, or to go their own idiotic ways...

I agree. That is pretty much the message I tried to send with my ill-fated TB Lightning post way back last spring. Obviously we all would still take our own paths and look out for #1 as is natural. But I'd very much like to see us taken seriously as a whole, as a viable resource for leagues and teams to turn to. It'll take time and some leadership, but I think it is very possible.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I suppose teams can go to the SSUR.org and look up Graphic Designers and find some of us. Lots of the minor league teams probably can't afford the bulk of the ones listed, though. Those who make a living that way are gonna charge big, and the start-up organizations won't have any money. If they knew how cheap we are in comparison.

You gotta wonder where some of the really bad logos are coming from. Is it "my nephew can draw one"?

Anyway, this league may not last.

You gotta wonder where some of the really bad logos are coming from. Is it "my nephew can draw one"?

Having lived in the southeast for my entire 24 years, I have to say that you'd be surprised at how often that line of thought is used in developing graphics for people.

At least Montgomery was nice enough to put a None of the Above choice for their poll.

Or maybe that's what they want to name their team . . . .

The Montgomery None of the Aboves.  :D

But when I voted, Amberjacks was up with 109, followed by Heat with 79 and None of the Above had 52. Buzz and Contenders were in a well positioned place of second to last and last respectively.

sig09.jpg

Ironic that they'd call it the World Basketball League when every franchise is somewhere in the southern U.S. -- of course there are still some pockets of individuals down there that probably still think that is the entire world. :D

Watch it now don't talk about the south. I guess it is the same the WHA2 is all in the south also, but they want to expand north, but who knows if they will make it past this season. LOL

I used the qualifier "pockets of individuals" to distance the majority of Southerners from this pejorative opinion of mine.  Hell, I work for a law firm based in Atlanta so I can't throw too many rocks.

And as far as I am concerned, there is only one name that Montgomery sould consider - the Montgomery Gravy.  Goes great with Biscuits!!!

At least Montgomery was nice enough to put a None of the Above choice for their poll.

The Montgomery None of the Aboves. :D

But when I voted, Amberjacks was up with 109, followed by Heat with 79 and None of the Above had 52. Buzz and Contenders were in a well positioned place of second to last and last respectively.

As bad as this league is None of the Aboves may be in fact what they choose if it wins.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Montgomery None of the Aboves. :D

As bad as this league is None of the Aboves may be in fact what they choose if it wins.

That's what I voted for.  I find it amusing that the name "Contenders" really isn't one.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived