Pinstripes return to hockey

Sodboy13

Tonight, the Peoria Rivermen are having "Peoria Chiefs Night," and are wearing Chiefs-themed jerseys. There's a big firedog crest on the front of a white jersey with thick blue pinstripes. It hurts.

Oddly, the jerseys use the Cubs' number font, when it looks like the Chiefs don't use it.

No pics up yet, but there is a smallgraphic up at rivermen.net.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Might as well cross promote with your fellow sparsely attended minor league team. :rolleyes:

They should have done "Bradley Day" instead.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

gross.

:puke:

That sums it up as well as possible. Even if it's just one night, teams just have to get uglified don't they? Christmas jerseys, st-patrick jerseys, baseball ripoff jerseys...

:puke:

Christmas cheesy, but okay. St. Patricks, a bit better, but still. Baseball rip-off? What is the world coming to?

untitled-6.jpg

#1 Didn't Providence College have a pinstriped hockey jersey once?

#2 Why is it that only baseball can have pinstriped jerseys? What makes it right in baseball, but no other sport? Opening up my Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century, I noticed that it wasn't until 1907 that the Boston Braves and Chicago Cubs first sported pinstripes. Before that no teams wore pinstripes according to the book. So in simple terms, it's not even a baseball thing! The first year of the Yankees wearing pinstripes was 1912! Based on people's opinions of pinstripes in other sports, baseball shouldn't have pinstripes and god forbid that the New York Yankees wear pinstripes. Yet, we revere the Yankees and their pinstripes. I'm confused. Enlighten me.

#1 Didn't Providence College have a pinstriped hockey jersey once?

#2 Why is it that only baseball can have pinstriped jerseys? What makes it right in baseball, but no other sport? Opening up my Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century, I noticed that it wasn't until 1907 that the Boston Braves and Chicago Cubs first sported pinstripes. Before that no teams wore pinstripes according to the book. So in simple terms, it's not even a baseball thing! The first year of the Yankees wearing pinstripes was 1912! Based on people's opinions of pinstripes in other sports, baseball shouldn't have pinstripes and god forbid that the New York Yankees wear pinstripes. Yet, we revere the Yankees and their pinstripes. I'm confused. Enlighten me.

for whatever reason pinstripes on the yanks is about the only thing that looks right on them. i tried to do a yankees home concept with out the use of stripes and no matter what i did it looked empty and bare. i chucked the concept.

also on point #2, the orlando magic had pinstripes and they were probably their best set. so its not limited to baseball. its that it really don't look good on on a hockey jersey. Baseball can get away with it, basketball can maybe even football but not hockey. though i think it has alot to do with what we are accustomed to seeing. we're accustomed to seeing pinstripes on a baseball uniform but not on a hockey uniform. WHere as conversely if you removed the wordmark from a baseball jersey and slapped a logo smack dab in the middle of the jersey, it would probably look ugly and a logistical nightmare unless you go with the pullover types from the 80s.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Th...they used to be my beloved Worcester IceCats :down:

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Which in turn used to be the Peoria Rivermen. Worcester was just borrowing the team. And, while this may be baseless, I'm blaming Mike Keenan for that lapse in reason.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Tonight, the Peoria Rivermen are having "Peoria Chiefs Night," and are wearing Chiefs-themed jerseys. There's a big firedog crest on the front of a white jersey with thick blue pinstripes. It hurts.

Oddly, the jerseys use the Cubs' number font, when it looks like the Chiefs don't use it.

just had a look at the site and couldn't help noticing that there is anything HOCKEY related on the front page... way to promote your team... "more than just hockey"... yeah, cos we wouldn't want to bore you with hockey...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

just had a look at the site and couldn't help noticing that there is anything HOCKEY related on the front page... way to promote your team... "more than just hockey"... yeah, cos we wouldn't want to bore you with hockey...

Unfortunately "just hockey" has resulted in diminishing attendance-to near fatal levels. They were only able to get additional fans with these promotions.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Unfortunately "just hockey" has resulted in diminishing attendance-to near fatal levels. They were only able to get additional fans with these promotions.

im guessing there is no demand what so ever for hockey in Peoria?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I wouldn't say that....it's just that the local economy kind of has been in the dumps, Bradley's resurgence over the last couple of years has led to more Peoria sports dollars being channeled there, and the team did do a poor job of playing up the higher talent of the AHL players.

Of course, the team missing the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years (and getting swept in the first round the year they made it) hurts as well.

Today, we are all otaku.

Which in turn used to be the Peoria Rivermen. Worcester was just borrowing the team. And, while this may be baseless, I'm blaming Mike Keenan for that lapse in reason.

But I miss my Cats!!!!!!! THE SHARKS SUCK SO BAD!!!!!! :cry:

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

But I miss my Cats!!!!!!! THE SHARKS SUCK SO BAD!!!!!! :cry:

While I think the Rivs might make the playoffs in another division, they aren't doing much better.

Today, we are all otaku.

It just won't play in Peoria.

*rimshot* Sank you, I'll be here all ze week. Try ze veal. Tip your waiters.

Archived