Toronto Maple Leafs

josh_cat_eyes

Well they have been out of the playoffs for a while, but the season is just getting over...and the leafs will be playing golf for the 3rd straight year (first time since 1928). What happens now though? Paul Maurice thinks the the leafs need Sundin more then ever and Cliff Fletcher says the leafs will be a COMPLETELY new team come october. I think that they need to get a focus and make a team that is not just enough to fill the bench. What do you think?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Simply put....alot needs to change.

my opinion is to just suck it up and buy out 'Cabe and Tucker. They're failed experiments.

Sign Sundin to a 3-year and let him lead a team that will need to become VERY young.

Keep around Blake if for nothing than his speed.

Draft, Draft, Draft....scout the world a billion times over!

Oh, and no more GM experiments either, get a name with a proven track record!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Simply put....alot needs to change.

my opinion is to just suck it up and buy out 'Cabe and Tucker. They're failed experiments.

Sign Sundin to a 3-year and let him lead a team that will need to become VERY young.

Keep around Blake if for nothing than his speed.

Oh, and no more GM experiments either, get a name with a proven track record!

I agree McCabe and Tucker need to go but I would try and trade them first. Raycroft, Kubina, and Maruice also need to go I believe. Also stajan, steen, and wellwood needs to be the leafs "kid line". The ducks one the cup with Perry, Penner and Getzlaf as their "kid line" and I think that stajan, steen and wellwood can be something similar to the PPG line the ducks had. Also the leafs need a defined "checking line". Marc Bell is a perfect man for that and if the pens dont sign ryan malone, he would be very good aswell.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The scouting department just flat out blows at TML. Tomas Kaberle and Markov are the only successful picks I remember over the last few years.

A big fat Yawn. Maggie the monkey could draft better than the leafs.

The scouting department just flat out blows at TML. Tomas Kaberle and Markov are the only successful picks I remember over the last few years.

Probably play better too :P

Hi, how are you?

Dig holes in the sand a bury our heads for awhile.

I can't remember where I read this, either the Howard Burger blog on Hockeybuzz or another blog, but it would be impossible to buy out McCabe or Blake because they would result in a 3+ mill hit against the cap for 3 or 4 years or something. The hit from Tucker's contract would also be pretty big. So it isn't fesable. I'm still in favour of trading Toskala and our pick to Tampa or Los Angeles for their picks because there is no point in keeping a good, espensive goalie on a team which is going nowhere. Pogge is doing well in the AHL and will be ready to come up for the 09/10 season to be a starter or platoon. I love Toskala, but we can get so much for him and there is no point in preventing him from winning by keeping him on a team that is going nowhere. Play Raycroft next year because he'll be good enough to get us some wins and help us land Tavares. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Antropov, Stajan, Steen and Boyes are all good. Too bad they didn't keep boyes.

I think the Leafs will buy out maybe 2 or 3 players. The Media makes it into a bigger deal ( such as anyone could be bought out )

Of course its going to take more than 1 year, but if they make the right choices on and off the ice, it will lead them in the right way. Maybe in about 3 or 4 years you could call them contenders...if they make the right choices.

I don't think Pogge is ready. Give him I'd say 2 more years. I think putting him in the Playoffs in the AHL will give him more experience but not enough. Yes the Leafs do need Toskala, but no way will Cliff trade him ( we all know that lol ). Buy out Raycroft and bring Pogge up as a backup. Dont rush the kid or it will ruin his career.

One trade I can see or might happen is McCabe to the Islanders. He wants to go their, and Cliff had a trade for him on the table. I say trade McCabe and the draft pick for theirs. If he does offer again its up to McCabe ... this time he cant count on Sundin :D

4kv29i.jpg

Buy out Raycroft and bring Pogge up as a backup. Dont rush the kid or it will ruin his career.

Thats the worst idea ever. Behind Toskala he wont get playing time. Behind Raycroft he'd be splitting time. Look how Montreal dealt with Price, they had him playing games and when he was not playing, they had him back in the AHL. This is why I feel if we trade Toskala for some offensive help then we'd be in the perfect position to ease Pogge in and give him playing time. All we'd have to do is extend Raycroft's contract another year or two and we'd be set to ease him in.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Buy out Raycroft and bring Pogge up as a backup. Dont rush the kid or it will ruin his career.

Thats the worst idea ever. Behind Toskala he wont get playing time. Behind Raycroft he'd be splitting time. Look how Montreal dealt with Price, they had him playing games and when he was not playing, they had him back in the AHL. This is why I feel if we trade Toskala for some offensive help then we'd be in the perfect position to ease Pogge in and give him playing time. All we'd have to do is extend Raycroft's contract another year or two and we'd be set to ease him in.

But briging him up early could ruin his career. I dont think hes ready to be a starter and this why him as a backup would be good for him. Its not rushing him and he gets some playing time. Give him some playing time, along with the playoff experience in AHL, and in about 2 years or more he will be ready.

But the Leafs need Toskala, no one else can fill his spot.

4kv29i.jpg

But briging him up early could ruin his career. I dont think hes ready to be a starter and this why him as a backup would be good for him. Its not rushing him and he gets some playing time. Give him some playing time, along with the playoff experience in AHL, and in about 2 years or more he will be ready.

But the Leafs need Toskala, no one else can fill his spot.

But Toskala is the kind of goalie who plays 60-70 games a season, if not more. Pogge can't be riding pine not getting in some action. If he remains in the AHL, he will become the every day starter and probably log 60 games by the end of next season. By the end of it, he could come up to backup Raycroft (if Toskala is traded) and Clemensson could go back down to the AHL (if we resign him) to cover for Pogge who is playing some time in the NHL. By the 09/10 season, Raycroft and Pogge could split starts and he could get about 40 games under his belt if all goes well and by the time 10/11 begins, Pogge could be the every day starter.

I really do feel we'd be in better shape not wasting Toskala's talent when we won't be winning games. We could get so much for him from a team needing a goalie, such as LA, Tampa, Edmonton, heck, even Philadelphia and Nashville are potentials. Colorado maybe? He will be in demand and could bring back a lot and fill holes we have, such as depth in forwards who can score.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

But Toskala is the kind of goalie who plays 60-70 games a season, if not more. Pogge can't be riding pine not getting in some action. If he remains in the AHL, he will become the every day starter and probably log 60 games by the end of next season. By the end of it, he could come up to backup Raycroft (if Toskala is traded) and Clemensson could go back down to the AHL (if we resign him) to cover for Pogge who is playing some time in the NHL. By the 09/10 season, Raycroft and Pogge could split starts and he could get about 40 games under his belt if all goes well and by the time 10/11 begins, Pogge could be the every day starter.

I really do feel we'd be in better shape not wasting Toskala's talent when we won't be winning games. We could get so much for him from a team needing a goalie, such as LA, Tampa, Edmonton, heck, even Philadelphia and Nashville are potentials. Colorado maybe? He will be in demand and could bring back a lot and fill holes we have, such as depth in forwards who can score.

You just want Tavares admit lol .

But yea Toskala came in at a bad point where he knows and they know that Pogge will be brought up in some years ( the future you could say ). He has great talent and makes his better trade bait *winks *.

I dont think Tampa will give up their first round pick , but maybe or at least try and offer LA cus I'm sure they could use him.

Cliff Fletcher has alot of pressure coming up lo.

4kv29i.jpg

You just want Tavares admit lol .

But yea Toskala came in at a bad point where he knows and they know that Pogge will be brought up in some years ( the future you could say ). He has great talent and makes his better trade bait *winks *.

I dont think Tampa will give up their first round pick , but maybe or at least try and offer LA cus I'm sure they could use him.

Cliff Fletcher has alot of pressure coming up lo.

We need some offensive talents which are capable of producing 80+ points a season which we lack. We need to get this either through a draft or through a trade, and we have a few things to trade, such as Toskala who is movable and valuable. I wouldn't mind number 91 though. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

AM 640 had the assistant GM of the lightening on the Bill Watters show yesterday...when asked if they'd trade their 1st pick he gave the typical "never say never....but i don't see it happening" and went on to praise "that #1 ranked player".

Stamkos is going to be a Lightening, no question about it. The leafs can't offer anything to get that pick.

I agree, buying out Tucker and/or McCabe would cause way too much of a cap hit.....but what else can we do? I mean short of hoping McCabe will accept a trade to the Island, and what do we get back from the Islanders? Another pick? (i'm not being sarcastic about that, I actually want to know what the Leafs could get from the Islanders).

The problem right now is that we (leafs fans, leaf nation....w/e else you wanna call it) are screwed. We can't dump those 2 huge contracts....we owe(if nothing else) Mats a renewal if that's what he wants (and I believe the Leafs need him).

Put in simple terms.....MLSE needs to figure out the salary cap system better, and learn how to scout.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I definitely miss the sig of the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs logo with the Leafs logo and a golfer in the background

I swear I've seen Mats Sundin holding a golf bag like the Stanley Cup

My favorite one is actually the old time Canucks logo with a putter and golf ball, though

1zgyd8w.jpg

I definitely miss the sig of the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the Maple Leafs logo with the golfer in the background

I made these last year for the 14 teams not in the tournament

mapleleafs.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

I definitely miss the sig of the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs and the Maple Leafs logo with the golfer in the background

I made these last year for the 14 teams not in the tournament

mapleleafs.png

Ver' niice ! - thanx Borat and mac2

Archived