time warner cable arena

pagan696

Is the Cable really necessary? Makes for a clunky name.

(Yes, I realize Time Warner and Time Warner Cable are different entities but, given that they are related, the former would have made for a better moniker.)

It's not about the moniker, it's about pushing the product. Obviously they spent the millions to promote Time Warner Cable.

(Yes, I realize Time Warner and Time Warner Cable are different entities but, given that they are related, the former would have made for a better moniker.)

It's not about the moniker, it's about pushing the product. Obviously they spent the millions to promote Time Warner Cable.

I don't know how it is where you are but in every place I've lived, I didn't have a choice as to who my cable company was. If the Everett Events Center had been re-named the Comcast Cable Arena as opposed to just the Comcast Arena, I would have thought that as silly as this. At least by just calling it Comcast Arena it brings awareness to the entire brand not just one aspect of the company.

I do understand your point, though.

As OMMF said, the name is clunky. Also, to the extent they are trying to promote Time Warner Cable, the placement of the word "Cable" in the logo, subverts their efforts. To me, it makes it look like the building is a "Cable Arena" (whatever that is) named for Time Warner (since "Cable" is below the line, in a different color and a smaller size than Time Warner).

Maybe something like this would have worked better --

TIME WARNER CABLE

A R E N A

(except centered better)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That logo is exceptionally awkward. You've got the text parsing issue that Leop brings up, the clunky rendition of the arena at the top and the eye at the left that, much like everything else on the logo, looks thrown in without any thought as to how it all comes together.

Awful.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't know how it is where you are but in every place I've lived, I didn't have a choice as to who my cable company was. If the Everett Events Center had been re-named the Comcast Cable Arena as opposed to just the Comcast Arena, I would have thought that as silly as this. At least by just calling it Comcast Arena it brings awareness to the entire brand not just one aspect of the company.

I do understand your point, though.

I know what you are saying but you have to understand, Time Warner and Time Warner Cable are two different companies.

Archived