Canada Jersey Updates

oakland ehs

Not sure when they're supposed to be officially on sale, but:

Cam004.jpg

Cam008.jpg

Cam005.jpg

Cam006.jpg

Basically as reported.

Personally I like them a LOT better than the past Nike Swift set. Still not nearly as good as the 2002 uniforms, but pretty nice. I wish they would have used some white in the neckline of the white jersey, like there is on the red. It'd make the collar stand out better. Logos still feature the gold outline.

As for more technical details, both the front crest and small sleeve logos are stitched on, and the sleeve logo is twilled as opposed to screened. The jerseys pictured are replicas, so I don't know about any possible changes to the authentics in way of cut and materials, but the replicas felt a lot like the NHL's Premier jerseys, but better quality.

As for fit, similar to the Premier but a bit wider (both ways). The hem line is similar on the replicas - not sure if the authentic jerseys will have the egg shape like the NHL or just a similar, slight curve. For some reason though, they seem really big around the neck, as if they took one that fit normally and stretched it, but it's not a big deal.

Anyways, that's that. I assume they'll probably bust out a black one before the Olympics. Being in Canada, there's no way they'll pass up an opportunity to sell a 3rd jersey.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! Do you have any of the other teams?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

These are easily better than the Swifts, I just hope they're not a template for every country like the Swifts.

The red one is better than the white though. I'm not really liking the thick shoulder area.

Wade-sig.png

I'm curious as to what the numbering and letters will look like... I'm hoping it doesn't stick to the Phoenix template in that regard, but rather something like the Maple Leafs with the white, and then white outline broken up by the red.

Me like alot! When the swifts came out I wasn't to crazy but I grew to love them and with these I like more then the swifts. I will buy a red one as soon as they go on sale.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Not sure when they're supposed to be officially on sale, but:

An employee at the Hockey Hall of Fame told me they can't sell them until after Team Canada holds a press conference on April 24th. That said, apparently some small stores already have them on the shelves. I'll probably pick one up before heading out to the Worlds. Definitely an upgrade over the swifts. Thanks for the pics.

Figure the numbers will be up on the shoulders again this time around? And I wonder what kind of number font we're looking at. That kind of sweater just begs for a nice, old-style varsity block.

When I first saw that logo back in 1996 or 1998, I thought it was hip, modern and sleek. Now, it looks really dated. It's nice enough, but -- to me -- doesn't have nearly the impact it did a decade ago.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

for once a set that actually looks nice. i was expecting the all star template to be used or some other gross template they have now. but i'm shocked to actually see a nice set. the shoulders remind me of the madden create a team template with the extra large shoulders.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

With the arm stripes being an inch below the shoulder area, it leads me to wonder if the arm numbers will be on the shoulders...or if it simply won't have any. Aside of that, I like both jerseys. The shoulder yoke on the road jersey looks big, but it might look good on players once they hit the ice and as long as they don't interfere with the players names. I also like where they put the sec. logo, they've created something unique. Finally, at least they don't look like the leafs, thank goodness for hemstripes.

I'm curious as to what the numbering and letters will look like... I'm hoping it doesn't stick to the Phoenix template in that regard, but rather something like the Maple Leafs with the white, and then white outline broken up by the red.

I'm willing to guess it will be the same numbering as with the first version of the Swifts. I can't see Nike putting more money into getting new fonts...

As for the jerseys, I feel they would work much better with the 'classic' crest on the front as that design screams retro, not modern. I still enjoy my old Swift jersey, there is just something about it I like more. When I find out more about the numbers I'll pass it along.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived